NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah,that is really nice!

The whole tail is upside down in those shots.Does it rotate all the way around? If it does it looks like NECA got the tail tip put on in the right direction,unlike the actual Boss filming puppet where it was put on upside down and then everyone copied it from that point on.

The spines should be on the top side like this actual ADI maquette.

View attachment 152293
View attachment 152294

Do you have more pictures of this prop? I have never seen these pictures before and I would love to see more of them. Thank you in advance :)

edit: nevermind I found these pictures from here

Alien 3 ADI Alien 3 Rod Puppet Maquette original prod. material

Do you have more pictures of this prop? I have never seen these pictures before and I would love to see more of them. Thank you in advance :)

edit: nevermind I found these pictures from here

Alien 3 ADI Alien 3 Rod Puppet Maquette original prod. material

The info on that site isn't fully correct.There were more than 2 made.ADI made a few for the higher-ups at Fox and ADI also kept one for themselves that sits in their display room.Those maquettes are all of the original ADI design before Boss Studios modified it slighty for the filming puppet,which is how the tail tip ended up upside down. Sideshow's 1/3 Scale is also based on the original ADI design.

Those are pretty much the only public pictures of the one given to John Fasano.They were taken for a Horror magazine article.That piece was broken and then repaired. It was originally insured for $250,000 dollars. It was on ebay awhile back being sold for Mr.Fasano with an asking price of around $8000 or Best Offer.That's how it ended up in that guys collection.He bought it.

It's the same maquette that's pictured in the top half of this page from the Bandai Making of Alien3 book. The flash lighting shows of the incredible Gino Acevedo paint job detail better!

rodpuppet4.jpg

got the dog alien today, wouldn't going to get it,but caved in, I like it ,good paint, good joints on mine for a change except the head is a little loose, really don't have to use the stand, the tail can support it fine, my only dislike, you can't pose him on all fours like the dog he is, the neck won't allow it ,such a shame. all in all a nice figure, of course the sculpt and detail are great as always, the tail can be turned as with the queen not glued in place this time around.the new factory is a little better on painting then the old one, but really not on anything else, maybe they will improve on the next series.

Last edited:
got the dog alien today, wouldn't going to get,but caved in, I like it ,good paint, good joints on mine for a change, really don't have to use the stand, the tail can support it fine, my only dislike, you can't pose him on all fours like the dog he is, the neck won't allow it ,such a shame. all in all a nice figure, of course the sculpt and detail are great as always, the tail can be turned as with the queen not glued in place this time around,
Where did you find it?

Rotated feet the correct way and reposed. I used the iphone flash this time, sorry for the reflections on the background.

FullSizeRender(9).jpg

A 1:4 Queen? People are having major doubts that even a 1:6 from HT would be likely.

:lol

(Waves hand in the air sheepishly) I used to watch Dawson's Creek. :monkey3

A 1/6 Queen would be about 4 1/2 feet long, a 1/4 Queen about 6 feet, give or take an inch.

got the dog alien today, wouldn't going to get it,but caved in, I like it ,good paint, good joints on mine for a change except the head is a little loose, really don't have to use the stand, the tail can support it fine, my only dislike, you can't pose him on all fours like the dog he is, the neck won't allow it ,such a shame. all in all a nice figure, of course the sculpt and detail are great as always, the tail can be turned as with the queen not glued in place this time around.the new factory is a little better on painting then the old one, but really not on anything else, maybe they will improve on the next series.

If the limbs aren't broken or warped straight out of the box, the joints are loose. Come on NECA, get it together.

got my queen today and one of the tiny arms was broken off at the elbow...

guh...

now I wait for a replacement

Back