NECA 7" TDK Joker, Reeve Superman, Adam West Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't have to agree, it's a fact that this figure is not an example of good quality control, also $20 is more than enough to have QC that doesn't fall apart in your hands.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a damn near perfect Reeve figure in any scale, and I'm still trying to get my hands on one or 2, but I will not delude myself into thinking this is acceptable QC in any way, not even close, na-ah.

fully understand and agree on the quality control ,it was the description of it being a crap figure and destined for clearance that i disagreed with lol

good luck on the hunt ,hope you get sorted with a couple of good ones :)

fully understand and agree on the quality control ,it was the description of it being a crap figure and destined for clearance that i disagreed with lol

Oh no no, it's a fantastic figure by all means, in design and execution. It deserves to be hunted down even at the risk of getting a bad one.

Good luck to you too :duff:

Ok, got home. Carefully removed the figure from the tray. From the first look the right thigh looked funny. Like it was out of place. Sure enough, I touched the left leg and it came off in my hand.Picked up my phone, called the store I bought it from. Believe it or not they had one more left. Jetted back over to the store. And exchanged the broken figure for what they had. Just to be sure I opened it in front of her. I didn't bend anything, just made sure nothing fell off. Seemed ok so here I am. Sitting in my basement holding a hair dryer over my Superman toy.

Ok, got home. Carefully removed the figure from the tray. From the first look the right thigh looked funny. Like it was out of place. Sure enough, I touched the left leg and it came off in my hand.Picked up my phone, called the store I bought it from. Believe it or not they had one more left. Jetted back over to the store. And exchanged the broken figure for what they had. Just to be sure I opened it in front of her. I didn't bend anything, just made sure nothing fell off. Seemed ok so here I am. Sitting in my basement holding a hair dryer over my Superman toy.

:horror good thing you had another one to get.

Hopefully the hair dryer will loosen it up

Wow...that's why I won't open mine. Like Schrödinger's cat experiment, as long as it stays in the box, it's both fine and broken :lol Instead of a DVD, they should sell this figure with a hair dryer.

Mine came in fine besides a stain on the cape which is hidden. I boiled it in Hot water anyway just in case and everything went well. I am expecting my second one soon from WB shop and will be looking for a second one to open from TRU to make a Superman 3 evil Superman.

The sculpt and the figure itself are fine, my issues are with NECA's typical piss-poor QC, and that flavors my opinion of the figure.

At this point, they've been making figures like this since...what, 2002? 2003? Their first real foray into realistic figures was their Freddy vs. Jason set, if I remember right. Or was it Hellraiser? Either way, early figures were phenomenal.

Then they started getting the bigger licenses and pumping out more stuff when Sin City hit, and the issues that the Sin City figures had still exist today. Bad QC, bad paint, iffy sculpts, etc. That's my main problem with it. If you're going to put out a 7" Reeve, don't **** one out simply because you know people will buy it based on it simply existing. Put some effort into it. There's no reason whatsoever that people should have to deal with these quality issues on a figure they've been asking for for decades.

fair enough and well put ,and i agree with all complaints on the quality control ,not too familiar on neca products myself ,just have a few 1/4 scale figures and a 7 inch keaton bats ,so the problems your describing going back to 2003 are unacceptable and i can see why you hold the opinion you do of their product this being the case ,such a shame as you say that a great sculpt and price point is let down by so many negative points regarding availability and quality :duff

well i bit the bullet and bought 2 neca superman on ebay for about 65 a pop.Got really tired of calling everyday or every other day and making stops during lunch.oh well.one will be kept in box the other will be opened and displayed

well if the one i take out does break i am protected under ebay.Bought a neca alien figure last year took it out and leg snapped clean off lol.got a hold of ebay refunded within an hour.And of course I am going to take the blow dryer to it and take it easy as I loosen it up

My Toys R Us (NYC) received four of the Reeve Superman figures yesterday (11/16). We also received the Home Alone figures by NECA, which are a lot more cool than I thought they'd be.

My Toys R Us (NYC) received four of the Reeve Superman figures yesterday (11/16). We also received the Home Alone figures by NECA, which are a lot more cool than I thought they'd be.

Was it the one on 44th street or in one of the surrounding boroughs?

Welp, my store only got two in. I watched the NECA rep stock them. This was the first new product they received since the West and Ledger weeks ago in October.

I bought both. Got one for $16.99 which was cool.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Paints apps on both were bad. I opened one to have loose and the left hip broke clean off. I took at back and got my $19.99 back. The one pictured above is the one I kept. Haven't opened it, not going to open it. As you can see, the S is applied poorly, there's red splotches on him and it's right leg looks like it's going to pop out of it's socket. Whatever. Not messing around with it.

So yeah, I got West, Ledger and Reeve. I called other surrounding stores to see if they got the Reeve tonight and . . . they did. South Hills got two, Robinson got two, and Cranberry got two. All of them were bought. These stores are anywhere from a half an hour to an hour apart. So it seems like the western part of Pennsylvania only relieved two per store. Pretty sure they were packed in with more Heroclix. Sucks. Feel kinda bad for any collectors in my area.

Is Superman the only one with the QC/breakage issues? What about the Joker? Might just end up getting him after seeing and hearing all of these horror stories.

My TRU STILL hasn't gotten these in. I'm starting to wonder if they ever will...

I work at Toys R Us, and a customer returned a Superman yesterday because the left leg snapped in half at the knee. I can't rule out that they handled the figure too roughly, but with all of the stories about quality control issues...

Speaking of quality control, the majority of the Superman figures remaining on the shelf have varying paint slop/paint application issues.

Back