NECA 7" TDK Joker, Reeve Superman, Adam West Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WB still out..all eBay auctions are bidding wars with Reeve. No Buy It Now :pfft:

What a disappointing promotion

Are the ball hip joints different between the right and left hip for these? Looking at mine, one has ratchet joints while the other doesn't. There's also a peg in one with the ratchets. What gives?

Are the ball hip joints different between the right and left hip for these? Looking at mine, one has ratchet joints while the other does. What gives?

Yup, I think it's a bad design because the weight of the plastic weighs down. That is probably causing the hip to leg breakage

I see that the Reeve Superman is going for $50.00 and up on ebay. Checked the sold listings and some went for more than a hundred.

Went to a tru in Jacksonville next to I think it was the orange mall. Place was in Christmas shopping mode and only had a single west batman.

Oh man, that's pretty close to me!

Gonna check Town Center TRU tomorrow. If I don't find these in stores, oh well. I will NOT feed the ebay scalpers.

I wonder how many should I get when/if I ever find this? I only need one, but with all of the issues I think I should buy a second. If the first one is problem free I could always offer it to another collector for the price I paid of course.

Also, comparisons with older figures are fair, there isn't a single NECA series that I haven't seen several broken joints of, from Predator, to the infamous Aliens, to Batman, lately the Joker, and now Superman, they don't seem to be slowing down.

So I will always give the benefit of the doubt to the owner when it comes to NECA breakages.

PS: NECA joints are not rocket science, they are basic and standard American articulation, you don't have to "work them" like you usually do with the superior Imports articulation, there's nothing to figure out except that you have to apply heat before moving them for the first time which you should not have to do.

Funny thing is the figure is barely worth $20 in the first place. If it weren't for the novelty of it being Reeve, it'd be clearanced within a month. It's a **** figure.

not sure i can agree with you on that lol :lol
i dont have one myself and im not sure im going to be able to get one being in the uk and all ,but this guys pics on the fwoosh make him look great and quality control permitting a great buy for $20

12243099_10153123022601906_299556882179756415_n.jpg

12243248_10153123022621906_84187241870752174_n.jpg
12243429_10153123022951906_6054201677857352940_n.jpg
12003865_10153123023166906_2686367011121996156_n.jpg

12118992_10153123023481906_5771641642180940085_n.jpg
12208838_10153123023601906_6083326956921740561_n.jpg
12219374_10153123023636906_2203241355680564653_n.jpg

that said anyone one with a spare or broken one or just buyers remorse lol ,lmk and id be happy to buy it from you

Well, after my last post I called a TRU far from my job, gave them the long pc number Guyver gave a few days ago. Waited a bit on the phone, girl came back and said she has them. I told her to hold one for me and I jetted! Got there, gave her my name and she reached down and handed me a miniature Christopher Reeve. There's nothing like finding something that you really wanted and have been searching for. Haven't opened it yet. So will let you all know how that goes later.

Well, after my last post I called a TRU far from my job, gave them the long pc number Guyver gave a few days ago. Waited a bit on the phone, girl came back and said she has them. I told her to hold one for me and I jetted! Got there, gave her my name and she reached down and handed me a miniature Christopher Reeve. There's nothing like finding something that you really wanted and have been searching for. Haven't opened it yet. So will let you all know how that goes later.

Congrats, I told ya :wave

It's all in the timing and the earlier in the day the better you get better service.

Take heed, I would heat the parts with a blow dryer, don't take the risk of breakage, I can't emphasize this enough.

Btw If I may ask how many did they have of Reeve

Did you checked the store anyway to see if they had more figures?

the drive was nearly a half an hour and I only have an hour lunch break. The cashier did say that the figure is really popular. So maybe they did have more.

not sure i can agree with you on that lol :lol
i dont have one myself and im not sure im going to be able to get one being in the uk and all ,but this guys pics on the fwoosh make him look great and quality control permitting a great buy for $20
You don't have to agree, it's a fact that this figure is not an example of good quality control, also $20 is more than enough to have QC that doesn't fall apart in your hands.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a damn near perfect Reeve figure in any scale, and I'm still trying to get my hands on one or 2, but I will not delude myself into thinking this is acceptable QC in any way, not even close, na-ah.

Don't give up. Try the number guyver gave earlier. Talk to the clerks. It never hurts to ask.

talked to 2 different TRU today gave the upc number both store reps said they only got the initial first wave in and that now not even their warehouse have them in stock and The 3 TRU in my area are all negative stock lol.FML

talked to 2 different TRU today gave the upc number both store reps said they only got the initial first wave in and that now not even their warehouse have them in stock and The 3 TRU in my area are all negative stock lol.FML
Same thing here in the Northeast Philly/Bensalem PA area. :(

Here's something interesting guys I got back a response to my Reeve second order from WB. My first is arriving this Thursday according to tracking.

Thank you for your message. I apologize for the delay on this item. This order is being processed as we are receiving them from the manufacturer. You will be notified of the tracking number once the item has shipped. I hope you have a great day!

Something's up..Maybe Neca is fixing these :dunno

Back