NECA 7" Michael Keaton Batman (Movie Version) Figure!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also read from a couple of UK guys that the documentary actually depicts Batman 1989 in a negative light from Warners point of view. Other than a two minute opening with Michael Keaton looking back at the film fondly, they said the rest is David Goyer and current WB execs/producers knocking it. They supposedly say crap like "your movie doesn't have to be any good as long as opens huge." :lol

If true, great legacy and tribute for the 25th anniversary.

Yeah, I have heard this as well... which bums me out. Like I said- When they approached me for contributions on this, I had no say on what they wanted or what direction the documentary would take... but I wasn't about to turn down a chance to work on something '89 Batman related. Just a shame it wasn't better. The movie deserves better.

I personally would apply that ""your movie doesn't have to be any good as long as opens huge" logic to what filmmakers (including Goyer and the current regime) are doing now and not to what was going on back then.

Sallah

Yeah, I have heard this as well... which bums me out. Like I said- When they approached me for contributions on this, I had no say on what they wanted or what direction the documentary would take... but I wasn't about to turn down a chance to work on something '89 Batman related. Just a shame it wasn't better. The movie deserves better.

I personally would apply that ""your movie doesn't have to be any good as long as opens huge" logic to what filmmakers (including Goyer and the current regime) are doing now and not to what was going on back then.

Sallah

WB just doesn't seem to care. They have this "out with the old, in with the new" mentality. A few years back I remember when they were shunning the 60's stuff. It took a long time for them to embrace it. Also, I'm sure they agreed to the NECA figure just to bolster sales for the Diamond Blu. At 1,500 sold in 24 hours, you know it's not the disk set that's doing that. You just know they're sitting on some goods that have yet to see the light of day. Every couple of years cool new tidbits get leaked, surely there's more. Why you wouldn't want to celebrate an anniversary to the maximum and instead, tarnish it (if the feature is true) is beyond me.

I haven't really spoke of it online, but I've been following your Production Stills features. That's a great substitute from someone that actually cares. You've done more as a fan for the anniversary than they have as an entire production stuido. From the never before seen art work to the Batman Returns memorabilia store tidbit, to the recent Joker gang photos, every week pumps me up for '89 Batman. So thank you. Why they never thought to put out a full color behind the scenes book with some of these photos (and more) just seems silly.

WB just doesn't seem to care. They have this "out with the old, in with the new" mentality. A few years back I remember when they were shunning the 60's stuff. It took a long time for them to embrace it. Also, I'm sure they agreed to the NECA figure just to bolster sales for the Diamond Blu. At 1,500 sold in 24 hours, you know it's not the disk set that's doing that. You just know they're sitting on some goods that have yet to see the light of day. Every couple of years cool new tidbits get leaked, surely there's more. Why you wouldn't want to celebrate an anniversary to the maximum and instead, tarnish it (if the feature is true) is beyond me.

I haven't really spoke of it online, but I've been following your Production Stills features. That's a great substitute from someone that actually cares. You've done more as a fan for the anniversary than they have as an entire production stuido. From the never before seen art work to the Batman Returns memorabilia store tidbit, to the recent Joker gang photos, every week pumps me up for '89 Batman. So thank you. Why they never thought to put out a full color behind the scenes book with some of these photos (and more) just seems silly.

Personally I'd love a in depth behind the scenes book, I mean I have the john mariott one from 1989, but a real in depth book, like the ones released recently for the original star wars trilogy would be great. Sadly wb seem to just want to focus on the current batman.

I also read from a couple of UK guys that the documentary actually depicts Batman 1989 in a negative light from Warners point of view. Other than a two minute opening with Michael Keaton looking back at the film fondly, they said the rest is David Goyer and current WB execs/producers knocking it. They supposedly say crap like "your movie doesn't have to be any good as long as opens huge." :lol

If true, great legacy and tribute for the 25th anniversary.

Wow... What a load of crap if true. Especially coming from that hack Goyer. Ever since Batman Begins and TDK I really feel like Batman 89 has been lost in the shuffle when it comes to it's importance in the history of comic book films. All credit seems to go to Nolan these days, while Burton seems to get very little. Certainly not as much as he should.

Wow... What a load of crap if true. Especially coming from that hack Goyer. Ever since Batman Begins and TDK I really feel like Batman 89 has been lost in the shuffle when it comes to it's importance in the history of comic book films. All credit seems to go to Nolan these days, while Burton seems to get very little. Certainly not as much as he should.

When 89 Batman came out it was "cool" to trash the Adam West Batman, and the same thing happened to the Burton films when the Nolan trilogy came out, and the same will happen to the TDK trilogy when the Battfleck films come out. It's what WB and "fans" do best...

So is there only one seller selling this? This an exclusive to just that seller?

Aww, thanks man! Glad you are enjoying it!

It has been one heckuva wild ride at the site this year... Between the video press kit, the preview video, and the galleries, it has felt like the 25th anniversary was just asking to be celebrated...and Warner didn't listen. I was happy to take whatever part I could in commemorating it. :)

Sallah

This legionsofgotham site is reporting that supposedly these will be available at Toys R Us too.

I just checked with Randy... He said they never stated that and he has no clue where they came up with it.

Sallah

Yeah, I figured as much. They were the only site to state that.

Unless you count this (Blu ray released by itself and half the movie comic adaptation), then no.

displaymediaphp.jpg

To be fair, WB shot most of it's wad with the anthology collection. All those movies had commentaries and good documentaries for each film. Still, it would have been nice to see a few other things added to this most recent blu-ray. The most glaring thing to me is the lack of a new 4k transfer. The most recent release of Ghostbusters 1 and 2 had new 4k transfers and those movies look fantastic. Not that the current blu-ray for Batman 89 is bad by any means, but maybe it could look even better in 4k. Also would have been nice to see a new commentary track. Ideally one with Michael Keaton, but I know he hasn't really talked much about Batman in the years since so I know that may have been a bit unrealistic. Maybe a more realistic option could have been Michael Uslan along with someone else. Danny Elfman maybe? I think it would have been really cool to have Bruce Timm there as well since Batman 89 obviously had such a huge impact on him and his animated series. Again, this just an ideal fanboy scenario. As for new documentaries, as I said, WB already did pretty well for themselves with the anthology release several years back, but considering the new feature with this new release apparently seems to take shots at the film instead of showing it the proper respect it deserves they lose major points.

Sallah

It's a shame when people trash Batman 1989. It was the first live-action Batman that was dark and brooding, wore body armor (black, yet faithful to the comics), and used a speargun. The Gotham set was phenomenal. The Batmobile, Batwing, and Batcave were amazing designs and menacing at the same time.

Though he wasn't a big guy, Keaton was a very intimidating and believable Batman. Jack Nicholson gave an iconic performance as The Joker, intelligent, dangerous, and full of mad glee. The film created the template for a modern live-action Batman (Lindy Hemming admitted that the Batman Begins Batsuit borrowed a lot of elements from the Batman 1989 and Batman Returns suits). Batman 1989 deserves more respect.

I've been waiting for a 6-7 inch Michael Keaton Batman ever since I started collecting (I once paid $250 for a custom DCUC Keaton Batman; luckily the customizer refunded me after messing me around for months). I'm so glad NECA, of all companies, finally got to make this figure for us. It's a dream come true.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.257918091060677.1073741825.257916604394159&type=3 (some of my Batman collection)

Back