NECA 7" Michael Keaton Batman (Movie Version) Figure!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where did you find these pictures? And isn't that the 18inch version on the back?

Those aren't the only pics. :) I got the pics from the Ultimate Toy Collector :) And yes, that's the 18 version on the back, it's easier to use that one, I guess.

v3wA5ot.jpg

Ordered mine. It'll be a shame to open that package, as I fondly remember the originals. So far I've managed to keep Mattel's Super Powers anniversary figures in the package, but this guy's getting ripped right out of his. I have the video game version in my pile of loot at BBTS, and I'm really excited about that one as well.

I was disappointed with the Toy Biz figure even as a kid, so I don't have much attachment to the package when it comes to opening it up. However, if this were Kenner inspired Dark Knight Collection like the mock ups someone here did, then I'd need two :)

got mine ordered! kool deal indeed! glad I didn't get the 8 bit video one,it was $25 by itself.
I think the video game version is cool in its own right too. I like that line quite a bit to be honest. They're something unique and I love the way they design the packaging to look like old NES packages.

I think the video game version is cool in its own right too. I like that line quite a bit to be honest. They're something unique and I love the way they design the packaging to look like old NES packages.

it's cool too. to each his own I guess.

I just noticed the shipping keeps going up on these, mine was $3.99 shipping, then it went up to $6.00 , the last time I looked its $14.65 shipping.glad my locked in at $3.99.

Last edited:
Well this certainly was a pleasant surprise. I knew we'd eventually see a movie/black suit version like this from NECA despite the licensing issues, but I didn't think it would be in this fashion, or so soon.

Needless to say, I just ordered two. Very cool, very nostalgic. As a kid I was never a big fan of the Toy Biz Batman figure, in fact I hated it. :lol I always preferred the black Super Powers movie repaint prototype/mock up on the back of the card but that obviously wasn't made available. For me, the Kenner Dark Knight Collection Batman '89 figures were the superior toys. They were better quality and looked better. Still, I'd be lying if I said I didn't dig the cardback design they went for. It looks fantastic, instant nostalgia.

At this rate, I fully expect more uses of this tool/mold. Last year when we got the 1/4 version, everyone kept asking Randy/NECA if we'd see a 7" figure. They straight up said it wasn't happening and don't expect any. Then this summer we got the 7" NES Batman '89 game version and everyone proceeded to hound Randy/NECA about a proper film colored version. In the next year I bet the licensing loosens up and we see more options for different Batman figures, loop holes or not. After seeing the success of this exclusive version, I'm sure Warner Bros/DC is seeing dollar signs. Eventually things will change as far as agreements go. I know a few weeks back I asked Randy if Kenner versions were possible with the mock up designs I did and he said it couldn't be done. Well, after seeing this new loop hole with WB and the Blu Ray, I'm sure we'll see more options. This figure will be the next Robocop, Predator. The sculpt is too good to be a one and done, especially when they post behind the scenes things like this,

IMG_8958.jpeg

Terrific sculpting. I've been imagining how awesome the Video Game 89 Batman would look like if it were in movie colors, and awesome indeed it is.

Here's another link Batman 25th Anniversary Blu Ray Diamond Luxe with Action Figure PRESALE 12 9 | eBay

$11 shipping? **** that. Price hiking *******s.

I already have the Blu-Ray, so there's no way i'm paying $40 for the figure alone. Especially since I only paid $50 for the 18 inch during Entertainment Earth's one day deal a while back.

AND with Neca's QC track record lately, I could end up getting one with a ****** paint job.

546144639ff2e010411343d9ed8316cd.jpg

Yeah.... I like to see my Neca figures in person before I buy.

Disc 1 is the same as the previous release... Disc 2 features the new documentary "Birth of the Modern Blockbuster" (that I actually had the pleasure of contributing content to). The packaging is also new.

Sallah

That's cool that you got to contribute to that. Any idea how long/ in-depth it is? I fear it'll be a bit on the thin side like the recent Ghostbusters 1 and 2 blu-rays that had those pathetic 20-30 minute round table discussions for each film with Aykroyd, Reitman and some doofus moderator. Granted, the documentaries on the original Batman blu-ray/dvd were fantastic, but it still would have been nice to see maybe a couple of other new features added to this one as well. At the very least a new 4k transfer should have been done.

He looks really good, I sorta caved into ebay and bought him with the price hike...they say it's limited, and I'm not chancing it. I don't have a Blu-ray of it yet so this is a plus.

Back