NECA 7" Michael Keaton Batman (Movie Version) Figure!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neca really needs to do something about their QC.

It's gotten so bad that I won't even bother ordering anything from them online. I have to be there in person to see/check it.

The Time Square toys r us in NY has a bunch of the normal blu-ray + batman figure in the NECA section. It came up to 25 plus tax.

I'm not a BR expert, but what's the difference between the TRU BR and the "Diamond Luxe BR?

Different packaging and a new bonus feature that runs about 25 minutes looking at the sort of legacy of the film and the effect it had on the genre. A couple of people, mostly journalist/reviewer types kind of bash the movie a bit by saying it's not the greatest film ever, but for the most part I think most of what was said was positive and respectful to the film. Other then that, though, the disc with the actual film on it is the exact same as the regular blu-ray with all the same special features.

Different packaging and a new bonus feature that runs about 25 minutes looking at the sort of legacy of the film and the effect it had on the genre. A couple of people, mostly journalist/reviewer types kind of bash the movie a bit by saying it's not the greatest film ever, but for the most part I think most of what was said was positive and respectful to the film. Other then that, though, the disc with the actual film on it is the exact same as the regular blu-ray with all the same special features.

Thank for the info :hi5: It's a bit strange WB would make a mini documentary celebrating the 25th anniversary and allow or show people saying negative things about the film. No film is perfect, but usually the point of a special feature like that is to celebrate the film. Weird.

Thank for the info :hi5: It's a bit strange WB would make a mini documentary celebrating the 25th anniversary and allow or show people saying negative things about the film. No film is perfect, but usually the point of a special feature like that is to celebrate the film. Weird.

Yea, the most annoying thing about it to me is that it actually ends with one of the journalists (The same doofus who moderated the Ghostbusters 1&2 round table discussions on those new blu-rays, actually) saying something to the effect of, "Is it the best movie ever made? Probably not, but it's a fun ride, and I like those movies!" Something like that. I was like, "Really? That's how you're going to end it? With that idiot getting the last word and not only that, but bashing the film with those words?" Michael Keaton was in the new documentary and it should have ended with him saying something about the movie and it's legacy instead of some hack journalist.

This is easily one of the best 7" scale figurs I've ever gotten, the accuracy, the quality, it really looks like a mini Keaton on my desk.

Our review is up for anyone that might want to check it out. :)

Great review man, good work. Loved the comparison to the other scales, especially the pictures. It's great to finally have them all. Your Iron Winch is looking snazzy and I dug the new "1989batman.com" animation at the end of the vid.

This figure was a great way to cap the 25th anniversary in my opinion.

This figure really makes me want the 18" version now, just imagining this cool a figure at that scale for less than $100, what a deal.

got mine from the wb ebay store.very pleased good paint apps.keeping this MOC until i find another one to open

Attachments

• bt.jpg
    bt.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 406
Are the ears easily fixable? I've seen a lot with the ears angled inward instead of straight up like they should be.

It's a bit of a preference, due to the materials, the ears had varying looks throughout the movie, sometimes curved a bit inward, sometimes straight up. I prefer the slightly curved and got lucky enough to score one of these with ears exactly how I like.

Are the ears easily fixable? I've seen a lot with the ears angled inward instead of straight up like they should be.

Depends on which one you get. I've seen a lot of varying ones.

Of the figures I've bought, they've all been straight up. Not sure if you can fix or bend them into place, heating them might work.

I worry about the rubber cowl having a Hot Toys moment and disintegrating.

I actually don't think it's rubber per se, certainly doesn't feel like it. Feels like pliable plastic to me.

Dunno if anyone had this from Toy Biz, but these quick change costumes were definitely rubber,

spidey_fig_trilogy_series1_spider-man_wrestling-2.jpg

The cowl, armor chest plate and trunks on this figure don't feel like that at all.

The cowl feels to me like soft vinyl NECA uses on a number of figures like the jackets on their T-800s.

Back