Action Figure NECA 18" Predator conversion to "Elder Greyback" *UPDATE 9/20 **FINISHED PICTURES**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA 18" Predator conversion to the "Elder Greyback" WIP

Ok, more updates...

The closed right fist will be modified to an open fist so the Elder can hold his necklace in his hand.

I just cut the hand apart and then cut the fingers and make them straight. I use a pin to add some strength.

Then I use some AVES putty and sculpt in parts of the fingers as well as the silver knuckle guards. No need to sculpt in the palm, you won't see it.

IMG_0458.jpg
IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

Now on too the left hand that holds the sword. I sculpt in more of the silver knuckles guards to match the right hand.

I widen the glove area a little more and sculpt in the rest of the hand.

I also did the other right hand while I was at it...just in case I wanted to switch out the hands.

IMG_0473.jpg
IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg
IMG_0465.jpg

Thanks for looking, commenting and helping with this project....Cheers guys! :hi5:

awesome. don't forget the little bony spikes/dewclaws on his wrists.

This looks very promissing! Congratulations!

Do you have any good pics of those?

:)
you can kinda see one poking out on his right hand down there.

elder.jpg

and here it is on the HT figure, but i'd advise against using their preds as a reference if possible.

predator_5.jpg

you'll notice the gauntlet is wrong.

Cool work so far... looking forward to seeing this progress :rock

Thanks for commenting and looking guys! :yess:

Ok, well here some belt details. I had to really think about how I wanted to do this, seeing as the legs move and pivot around the waist area.

The snake belt was rather easy, I just sculpted over the original belt. I used a small mesh onion bag to get the snake pattern.

While the putty is still wet, I lay the onion bag over the belt and push down. Can't push too hard or my fingerprints will show up.

I also sculpted in a loin cloth over the original one it came with.

IMG_0433.jpg
IMG_0589.jpg

The lower belt which hold the flintlock as well as the swords sheath was a bit more tricky.

Because the legs move and twist right next to the front loin cloth, I had to sculpt the belt higher on the sides and lower in the front running the putty line right next to the break in the leg.
I also need to take the legs off on that part to add the netting later so I opted to go this route.

You can see the tiny break line in the little v-shaped belt that holds the swords sheath. I hate break lines but this one needs to be there.

I had some extra putty left over so I beefed up his side pouch a bit. I also added little round hooks for the strap later on.

IMG_0604.jpg
IMG_0594.jpg

Well it's starting to come together...more to come, and thanks for lookin.... :panic:

IMG_0597.jpg

ha! i never noticed his belt was made of snakes before. i guess i'm just used to the one on the HT figure.

what are you using for references? you should ask tankman and see if he has any nice reference info you can use.

ha! i never noticed his belt was made of snakes before. i guess i'm just used to the one on the HT figure.

what are you using for references? you should ask tankman and see if he has any nice reference info you can use.

Yep, it's a snake...I was as surprised as you when I noticed it.

I have about 40 different pics I got from some of my friends on the Hunters Lair, as well as some screen grabs and photos from google.

There are a few discrepencies with the hot Toys Elder version, that's why I'm not using that as a reference.

I am using mostly the screen grabs enlarged.

:)

awesome. i wish HT would've used decent references. theirs is jacked up in a lot of parts.

do you have any decent pics of the scabbard? i've never seen what it really looks like.

The first pic is a few screen grabs blocked together. This is the best photo of the elder I have. You can see the side of the scabbard pretty good in this pic.

Seems theres a skull on the top of it with some beads and some kind of gold dangling thingy with some bones on it. The scabbard looks like it has intertwining rope along the edges.

I'll wing it when it comes to this seeing as there is not a really good shot of it around. The other pics are a little to small or out of focus.

Elderbeltdetails.jpg

elderpredator2123.jpg
elderloincloth.jpg

eldercap10.jpg
elderscreenshot.png

Thats a Cobra as his belt,very cool

Awesome job so far,looking forward to seeing it progress,good luck

wow, that top one is a great pic. you should send that to HT. oh, and it has a decent shot of one of the dewclaws on his wrists.

i wonder if there's any 1:6 scale monocled cobras i can use to make a belt for mine.

As much as we like to brag about being accurate our Elder is off in a few places. Our sculptor that did the belt sculpting was drunk through most of the work and made a mistake or two. He also came from McFarlane and was use to the just make things up if you don't know what it looks like way of thought. If we make the Elder 19 inches I'm going to personally go back and change a few things. Our spine that goes over this sword should be on the pouch that hangs from his shoulder belt. The sculpting on these spines will be improved too. If you watch the movie in some shots it's on his left side and in others it's on his right side. Ours is cool but not dead on and I'm hoping to improve the 19 incher if we do it. I use the Hunters Lair a lot and anything fans can find. It makes me sick for instance to see all the Alien pics I've seen long after I finished the sculpt. Man oh man how I'd love to go back and change some things on the Alien.

Dude, this is looking great. I love the snake belt. When is this gonna be for sale? :)

Back