Action Figure NECA 18" Predator conversion to "Elder Greyback" *UPDATE 9/20 **FINISHED PICTURES**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA 18" Predator conversion to the "Elder Greyback" WIP

Holy crap man that Laser for the Plasma Caster looks incredible , you have some talent buddy , i can't wait to see this beast complete

You are truly the God of customization.

:):) Thanks guys, details are everything...:hi5:

Quick update: I tore up the Elder's loin cloth in the back. I think it adds a subtle touch to the old look....

IMG_0714.jpg

OK, WIP pics of the head coming soon... :yess:

any chance you'd be up for making laser sights for the HT Elder too? he sure could use 'em.

Thanks for all the compliments and all the help through PM's. :clap

Ok, so we all know the head (and the body as well) is the original predator head modified to look more like an older Predator.

For example: the boney protrusions, broken tusk, more quills, colored dreads and beads, and multiple ridges in the forehead area.

All these things are what makes Predator Elder stand out. I saved the head for last because I knew this would make or break this custom figure. So here we go...

I started on the head detailing. I roll out some AVES in long tubes and run them parallel leaving a ridge right up the frontal bone.

I use a pointed wooden dowl wet at the end and start sculpting in my lines. I use irregular patterns to make it look more natural. I also smooth out the edges to make them blend in with the already sculpted head.

One trick I use to get multiple lines at once is I use a long threaded bolt. I take the thread side and lay it on the wet putty and twirl the bolt in different directions.

You can go deep or hard depending on how thick the threads are on the bolt.

IMG_0482.jpg
IMG_0488.jpg

More to come... :yess:

wow, totally nailed the forehead. what are you gonna use for 1:5 scale quills? or do you have those in your magical box too.

Joe's doing those. He's probably got an extra 10,000 of them laying all over his bench... :rotfl
yeah, i guess you'll have that when you pretty much specialize in customizing predator toys. i wouldn't mind having some put on my pred but Joe's evidently booked out the wahzoo. stupid high-demand exceptional talent!

good god man!!! that looks so freaking awesome so far. I cant wait to see more updates.

I sculpted this little box to house the LED and fiber optic cables on top of his shoulder cannon. I tried to make it look like part of the backpack.

The wires come from inside the box to the laser sight.

I know it's not movie accurate, but I needed it for the LED conversion.

IMG_0826.jpg

Now back to sculpting the rest of the head... :)

Thanks guys...:)

More head detailing...

Now onto the sides and lower mandibles. I spread some putty around the cheek bones simulating a half moon.

I use a little paint cap to position where I want to place the boney protrusions. Then I drop a little ball of putty on the circle and manipulate it into a little bone.

I mirror the same to each side of the cranium using the previous step.

IMG_0489-1.jpg
IMG_0491-1.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

I alter the mouth gums by adding two more sets of teeth. I also add some little boney protrusions on the lower part of his cheek.

I fill in those pesky break lines where the factory added the closed mouth on. For example: under his chin, sides of his cheeks and the top of the mouth.

IMG_0495.jpg
IMG_0496.jpg

More to come...:yess:

good job on the head. I like your work

Last edited:
Back