Action Figure NECA 18" Predator conversion to "Elder Greyback" *UPDATE 9/20 **FINISHED PICTURES**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adegregorio

Super Freak
Reaction score
NECA 18" Predator conversion to "Elder Greyback" *UPDATE 9/20 **FINISHED PICTURES**

Ok, here we go! :yess:

I'm going to attempt to convert the NECA 18" Predator into the Elder "Greyback" from P2 with a little help from my buddy Joe. :hi5:

There will be some sculpting as well as some customizing, hand fabricated and modifications done to the piece.

When I'm done, it will be raw with sculpted parts and accesories that will be ready to be primed up for painting.

Then I'm shipping it off to Joe Dunaway for a wicked paintjob on the Predator as well as all the accesories. This is when it will start looking like the Greyback.

When Joe's finished with it, It will come back to me for final assembly.

Now it won't be exactly movie accurate in some areas of the customizing (I know there are some fanatics here), but I will surely try my best.

49c9dd88881ba7219593eb9ee1834fb9_image_364x550.jpg
elderscreenshot1.jpg

So I started with the Flintlock pistol. I acquired one of these at my Comic shop. It's from the 18" Jack Sparrow figure. I remove all the parts that I don't need.

I shorten the bottom barrel. I cut the handle of the gun down and sculpt & smooth a small half circle to the end of the handle.

I sculpt in part of the hammer, pan and a frizzen on the flintlock using a part from Jack Sparrows gun. I also add that signature gold ring to the top.

I sculpt the plate which Raphael Adolini's signature is written and add some straps on the middle and end of the barrels.

IMG_0401.jpg
IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg
IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

More to come so please stay tuned..... :panic:

Last edited:
Re: NECA 18" Predator conversion to the "Elder Greyback" WIP

this is what I have been waiting for, cant wait to see more progress pics man

Can't wait to see the final custom - keep up the great work!

new favorite thread. this is gonna turn out way better than anything NECA could (but won't) make.

Lots of updates please. I don't care how miniscule they are. Post 'em! I love when people take on big projects like this. Especially if it's a collaboration.

Re: NECA 18" Predator conversion to the "Elder Greyback" WIP Update 6/5

Thanks guys, this should be alot of fun. :hi5: I'll post as much as I can. I'm doing this in between projects.

Ok, I threw the left hand into the microwave for a few minutes to soften up the rubber. Then I bend the fingers to the closed position.

I then immerse it in ice cold water to shock it. Then I tied some rubber bands around it to keep it's shape.

IMG_0416.jpg

With the hand in the position I want, I set the bone in it. I found these bones at Micheal's craft store last Halloween. It's a perfect fit!

IMG_0420-1.jpg

Looking at reference pics, I freehand the Predators blade on a piece of very thin wood. Then I use my dremel and cut out the shape.

IMG_0422.jpg

From looking at the reference pics, the Elders bone has four articular cartilages pointing out. So I sculpt in two more on the top of the bone.

IMG_0427.jpg

And then the finished product. When the time comes, after paint, it will be wrapped with different cloth and chords.

IMG_0428.jpg
IMG_0429.jpg

More to come.....soooooon! :yess:

the blade should get wider toward the end and curve in more on the barbed side. like a machete. it looks like you got the length right though.

Made a little modification to the blade tip.

If I don't like how it loooks at the end of modification, I will change it up.

Thanks for looking everyone...:hi5:

IMG_0552.jpg

the end needs more curve to it.

here it is with the Halcyon P2 kit.
5042093214_de65d2ab43.jpg

basically like a big machete.

you sir are a madman and i love it....great work!

much better. so what's your plan for the dreads?

the grayback's dreads are longer, like almost down past his shoulders. and they have beads/jewelry instead of the bands. sounds like you've got some sculpting to do.

edit - actually, he's got the bands too.

the grayback's dreads are longer, like almost down past his shoulders. and they have beads/jewelry instead of the bands. sounds like you've got some sculpting to do.

edit - actually, he's got the bands too.

I added some stiff thin wire to some of the front dreads so they lay in a natural position over the shoulder cannon and his other shoulder.

I will sculpt a few dreads for the front. Not too many...but just enough.

The hair and bands will be painted by Joe, then I will add all the different style beads when I get him back...:yess:

Thanks for the help. :hi5:

if you need a good reference for the dreads, nothing beats Windrix's sculpt.

elderpred2.jpg

I beleive the Elder has P2 Gauntlets, I have never really been 100% sure, maybe someone hase some pics of the gaunts

both his gauntlets are from P1, but the right one has the P2 blade housing.

Back