Action Figure Neca 1/4th Predator Custom Mod Thread Only

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!

You are correct that they are black fabric in the movies, I might replace them with black leather, but the (brown) leather doesn't bother me as it looks consistent and adds a bit more color. If I were to ever sell it, I'd definitely make it movie accurate.

I ripped apart a Ultimate Quarter Scale Hasbro figure for the hip ball joint and Dremeled away everything except the belt and cod piece from the Predators hip section. It's all held together with screws and can be easily disassembled if I ever find better netting. Considering this is the first time I've attempted modifying anything like this, I'm ecstatic with the results.

The material I used for the pants/bands is very thin leather with an ostrich pattern, I kept the skin texture side up rather than using the soft suede. The texture looks like this up close:

img_0264.jpg

Thanks man. I appreciate the help. Again, really great work on this! :clap

These customs keep getting better and better. I know i said this 2Xs before but this is one of the best P1 custom paintjobs in this entire thread. Really great.

Agreed. The paintjob is incredible! I really like it. The real leather loin cloth is a great touch and I love the fact that hes articulated too.

Here are some in-progress of my customized Pred. Still a lot of paint work to do (missing details & color blending right now), and he'll have an electrostatically applied suede finish on the leather parts, custom netting, and a jungle base.

prednew2x.jpg

296609_2439270949648_1488014891_32809838_872198024_n.jpg

Prednew.jpg

Haven't touched my 1:4 skull sculpture in a while, but he'll have that too. It's actually sized to the Pred, with eye sockets matched up (so a little smaller than 1:4)
quarterskull.jpg

Last edited:
This is the best 19 inch NECA Pred custom I have seen.

Well, there was one other I thought looked incredible.. It was masked though. What was the guy's name who did it..I think he has a Terminator as his avatar..he added lights..

But yeah, dude, you're doing an extraordinary job.

Endo's was a very nice piece of art, yeah.

Thank you very much. There are some truly great customs on here, but a few issues I wanted to address. For instance, I hadn't seen anybody focus on getting the spot patterns quite accurate.

Predator22.jpg

I'm fixing his trophies and everything too. I want to see how close I can get this guy to looking like movie snapshots, especially with the jungle diorama.

Very nice paint work there NJ. It looks like you might have already added some spines to the torso, if so, is that going to be a problem when you add the netting?

I'm going to create a jungle base for mine as well, NECA really needs to keep making more of these figures as they are amazing and easy to take apart to customize. I'm trying to decide how I'm going to paint my closed mouth Predator, I might go something more stylized rather than movie accurate. After painting the open mouth the other one just looks sad in comparison. I still think they would be well worth the retail price even if they came unassembled and unpainted.

Ok, heres a little update...

Worked on the sword and the sheath. Weathered the sword blade a bit with some transparent colors and then blotted it to get a rusty cracked look.

I also wrapped the bone handle with some twine and stained it with some Dark Walnut stain and added some little beads.

IMG_1289.jpg

For the flintlock, I didn't want to paint the gold pieces on around the handle and butt of the gun. I really wanted it to look authentic with some brass plates and fittings.

I found a couple of little brass finger rings. I cut out the pieces I wanted and glued them to the gun. I still need to weather them a bit, but you get the idea.

IMG_1294.jpg
IMG_1298.jpg

And here it is in the belt loop.

IMG_1318.jpg

More updates soon... :)

God Bless You,,It really looks Good,,I wish I had the Gift..

I've added the quills and the new netting. Next I want to color and tweak the leather parts. After "playing" with this figure for awhile I forgot how limiting the original articulation was. Having posable legs makes a HUGE difference.

Pred3.jpg

Pred2.jpg

pred1.jpg

I have enough leftover netting for several figures if anyone is interested.

Back