Action Figure Neca 1/4th Predator Custom Mod Thread Only

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:yess: Ok guys, here ya go! These are the first progress shots of Joe's paintwork on the Greyback...and I must say...AWESOME!!! :yess:

Joe said he has a long way too go with this, and of course, he is very busy.

But I am so glad to finally see some paint on this Elder conversion...especially the head.

Can't thank you enough Joe...looks fantastic!!! :clap

aleld1.jpg
aleld2.jpg

wow!! awesome!!! :hi5:

:slap Sorry about that. I found these two suppliers in England -

https://www.creativemodels.net/index.php?manufacturers_id=37&osCsid=990464cc7124f47bdb812c8fa5424b91

https://www2.ripmax.net/8index.asp?PageNumber=3&Category=130PAINT

I found these links on the official Testors website.

Postage cost for the 1st website(creativemodels) is £3.00. If your order costs more than £50, then delivery is free.
I couldnt find the postage costs for the 2nd website(ripmax).

thanx tfg:hi5:

:yess: Ok guys, here ya go! These are the first progress shots of Joe's paintwork on the Greyback...and I must say...AWESOME!!! :yess:

Joe said he has a long way too go with this, and of course, he is very busy.

But I am so glad to finally see some paint on this Elder conversion...especially the head.

Can't thank you enough Joe...looks fantastic!!! :clap

aleld1.jpg
aleld2.jpg

In deed very nice

I'm speechless!!! This really came out better than I thought. Joe and his ability to paint like this mesmerizes me. Unbelievable!!!

Thank you Joe for another outstanding paint job to add to my collection.

I really hope NECA makes one of these for you guys. Kyle, get moving bud. :rotfl

Stay tuned all you pred headz for more progress pics. Once Joe ships this back to me, I will put all the finishing touches on it and modify it a bit...hair, beads, bones, netting, etc...

:):):)

alseld8.jpg
alseld1.jpg

alseld3.jpg
alseld4.jpg

alseld5.jpg

The work you did on the face is absolutely stunning.

Thanks guys! I love it too!:pray:

Yeah the face was very important in terms of making sure it looked like the Elder.

When I sculpted on all the extra stuff, it was kind of hard to picture how it was going to look painted.

And I knew Joe's painting skills would make it come to life. Came out real nice!

:)

Thanks guys! I love it too!:pray:

Yeah the face was very important in terms of making sure it looked like the Elder.

When I sculpted on all the extra stuff, it was kind of hard to picture how it was going to look painted.

And I knew Joe was the only one who could pull it off. Came out real nice!

:)

Yeah I agree. If anything the face just *needs* to be right in order for this custom to really feel like the Elder. Again fantastic job!

WOW that is absolutely amazing. Hey if any of you customizers need bodies I'm selling 2 NECA 1/4 Predator bodies. Pm me if interested.

Well, I received the Elder back from Joe, now it's it's time to add some accesories and make some adjustments.

A little paint and gloss here and there. Beads, netting, bones, weapons and add the laser sight harware to the shoulder cannon.

IMG_1219.jpg

More pics soon... :yess:

When I was talking to Joe, he mentioned that the Elder's accesories had to have that used universe look....seeing as the Greyback has been around for a while.

So to achive the old used grungy look, I'm going to heavily stain some of the accesories. Alot of modelmakers use this technique to really bring out the details in model kits before they lay down a base coat.

I have about 7 or 8 different colored stains that I have picked up at lowes over the years. The one I will be using for the Elder is a dark Rosewood stain.

I dip the parts in the stain and pull it out, let the stain seep in for about a minute, then pat them dry with a paper towel. I do this 3 or 4 times to each piece to make sure the stain is penetrating the surface.

IMG_1220.jpg

Same steps as above for the beads...

IMG_1222.jpg

I used some bright colored wood beads and the stain really makes them look old and worn. Even the glossy colored beads get a nice coat of stain. Then I seal them with Testors Dullcote.

IMG_1228.jpg

I made an old pop top that hangs from the Elders netting. I stained it a few times and let it dry. The look I wanted to achieve worked, it looks old and rusty.

IMG_1230.jpg

More pics soon... :)

Back