Action Figure Neca 1/4th Predator Custom Mod Thread Only

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... This is what happens when one is upset with lack of sleep. :lol

A good night and here we go again guys!... No worries

:peace

Ya know, you'd think with the media making homosexuality the latest fashion trend, that the material netting we all want to mod this would be mass produced in major retail stores, i.e. Wal Mart, K Mart, Sears or where ever. I mean, if I can pick up feminine hygiene products for my wife while I'm out, I wouldn't be embarrassed to buy mens fish-net stockings , for crying out loud! Just when the overweight cashier with 5 teeth and 10 lbs of make-up on at Wally World checks me out and looks at me strange, I'll just blow her ..... him ...... IT a kiss, and wink. Problem solved, I got my netting and Wanda gets something to help her ..... him .... IT sleep on that night :wink

Are you friends with David Tyree? :monkey1

A test of some netting I found. Not sold on it yet, but it's getting there. Some parts stretched more than I wanted it to.
I borrowed someone's pic:peace for comparison:
29bim8z.jpg
28nvo8.jpg

Looks great in this pic.
Closest to perfection, yet!

I found something similar, but they dont ship to the UK, either :(

https://www.watergarden.org/s.nl/it.A/id.152/.f

Last edited:
How did you get the holes in the skulls ?

After I cut the original string off with an xacto knife, I was left with a bit of string that is stuck inside the skulls.
I used a mini screwdriver to dig the remaining string out, which leaves a perfect hole to put the new leather rope in.
It was very easy to dig out.

Any questions, just ask.

A few suggestions if I may.

Lens mesh - weather it was actually there, or just a reflection, I have found some metal mesh at Hobby Lobby that is meant to be used to be used as a foundation for small sculptures or to make a rough copy of an object with curves and bends such as a face.
The cells are very small, but it can be expanded simply by stretching it.

Replacement body mesh - I don't know if the cell size on this is correct, but have a look next time you are at the super market. Potatoes and onions are sold in plastic mesh bags, although the mesh itself is often red or some other color, but this can be easily fixed with paint, dye or black plasti-dip.

Quills - Again, I don't know if this will work, but it might be worth looking in to.
Brooms! Hardware stores sell all types of brooms, sometimes these are made with very thick black bristles. A few snips with scissors and you could have thousands of quills ready to go.

Good point, Frank. Humor is saving! :duff
... And when the next upgrade of your Pred?

Soon :) I've been painting the feet and open hands. There's a lot of little details on those two things, so it's taking a while. On just the hands alone I'm using 12 different colors to paint them. Only 8 on the feet :lol

That's the place that sent me the better pic. I have a feeling it's exactly like what I got at Lowes except it's in bigger sections.

Awesome!
If you get it, please show some pics.
I wouldve ordered it for myself but they dont ship to UK.:monkey2
Ive been looking all day for some UK suppliers and have have found a few places that sell 1/4 netting.
The best is probably this -

finemesh.jpg

"Fine Mesh Side Net
Moulded 6mm mesh net, to keep out butterflies"

Ive even (Kind of) learned how to make real netting, too LOL -
SAM_1031.jpg

It's either going to be butterfly netting, pond netting, or something along those lines that's going to work. If you're going to go the fishnet stocking route they are going to have to be openings that are close to 1/4". Usually the strands start to look too think as the squares get bigger. Again, I think encline found the perfect look of the net, but the squares are just too large.

I think the one you found is good. But just like mine the crossings are probably going to be thick. That's really the only issue I have with this grout mesh I'm using.

It's either going to be butterfly netting, pond netting, or something along those lines that's going to work. If you're going to go the fishnet stocking route they are going to have to be openings that are close to 1/4". Usually the strands start to look too think as the squares get bigger. Again, I think encline found the perfect look of the net, but the squares are just too large.

I think the one you found is good. But just like mine the crossings are probably going to be thick. That's really the only issue I have with this grout mesh I'm using.

100% agreed.
Im hoping I can pull off making my own 1/4" netting.
Just need to find the correct string....which is HARD to find so far.:mad:
I want to use the same string as HTs used on their Predator 1. It allows the knots to be tighter.

Back