Action Figure Neca 1/4th Predator Custom Mod Thread Only

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I modified the eye with photoshop:

2n21gsz.jpg

This is how it should look like:

2904_press04-001.jpg

predatoreye.jpg

2n21gsaaz.jpg

Sorry, just not digging the red armor on that piece. It just makes it look un-Predator-like and kills it for me. Too bright and shiny.

Not taking away from the guy's talent, it's an amazing paint-up, I just don't like the scheme.

like someone else already said. You've never seen the dead end samurai Pred before!? :slap. He's a very iconic Pred to the die hard Pred fans :wink1:

@ predarnold: I would be curious to take a look at your image bank of the Predator, you know! :monkey3

All these pictures are not hard to find.
Maybe I will upload them somewhere and share with others.
(PS: I collect pictures from 1987 Predator only.)
PS: I'm looking for some "The Making of Predator" scan pages from the Winston Effect book.

Last edited:
like someone else already said. You've never seen the dead end samurai Pred before!? :slap. He's a very iconic Pred to the die hard Pred fans :wink1:

What makes a die-hard Predator fan? The ones who read all the novels and call them Yatuja (or what the hell ever people call them) and watch the fan made videos on youtube? I'm a die-hard fan of the original Predator, which is the only real iconic one ever made. That's my all-time favorite movie, and favorite creature design ever! All others pail in comparison to the SWS original design done by Steve Wang. Because I don't know about some underground fan made interpretation of him I'm not a "die-hard" fan?

Nah, just because people know of some fan boy design in the underground realm doesn't qualify them as "die-hard-Predator-fans" :cuckoo:

Erm... Iconic my big fat A$$. :lol

He's just a red Pred. Parts of the design are really neat, others, not so much. Love the black, pointy stripe things, the yellow bawls :)lol), and the skin patterns/colors.

And Sprig, when I replied to Sabres post about the whole Yautja, die-hard Pred fan thin, I was kidding. :wave

He's just a red Pred. Parts of the design are really neat, others, not so much. Love the black, pointy stripe things, the yellow bawls :)lol), and the skin patterns/colors.

And Sprig, when I replied to Sabres post about the whole Yautja, die-hard Pred fan thin, I was kidding. :wave

All, I know :lol I was just using that name as an example of differences in Predator "fandome".

I'm 35. I was a huge Pred fan in '87 when this was released, way before the internet when everyone thought it was weird to be a fan of horror or sci-fi movies (in the area I grew up in). The www changed all of that. Now people who were fans of chickens wearing condoms over their head while whistling Dixie, found out there were 600,000 others who were fans of it, too. So to speak :lol My point being, through on-line interaction, people who grew up in less populated areas found out there is a huge circle of Predator fans all over the world. Some new who might have just watched it, or some old school ones like myself.

But still, if I show up at a family reunion wearing a Predator t-shirt, people would look at me like I had a pecker growing out of my forehead, but if I post a pic of me wearing it on here, people would say it was a cool shirt.

What makes a die-hard Predator fan? The ones who read all the novels and call them Yatuja (or what the hell ever people call them) and watch the fan made videos on youtube? I'm a die-hard fan of the original Predator, which is the only real iconic one ever made. That's my all-time favorite movie, and favorite creature design ever! All others pail in comparison to the SWS original design done by Steve Wang. Because I don't know about some underground fan made interpretation of him I'm not a "die-hard" fan?

Nah, just because people know of some fan boy design in the underground realm doesn't qualify them as "die-hard-Predator-fans" :cuckoo:

You pretty much answered your own question. I don't think your a die hard fan of anything and everything related to Predator's. People still use the term Yautja? :dunno

maybe iconic isn't the right word, but he's well known amognst a lot of ppl who pay attention to more than what's seen in the theatres.

I thought that whole Dead End thing was garbage. Including that atrocious red samurai/power rangers design. I give the makers credit though because the suits they made (regardless of my opinion on the designs) were REALLY well done. I'd say on par or even better than the suits in AVP, AVP:R and Predators.

PS: I'm looking for some "The Making of Predator" scan pages from the Winston Effect book.

Please, please upload them too as I'm also curious and interested. It would be great to have one source of hi-res predator images. I have the winston effect book and if get the chance and time, I'll scan the predator images from it for you. :)

@ predarnold: I would be curious to take a look at your image bank of the Predator, you know! :monkey3

Please, please upload them too as I'm also curious and interested. It would be great to have one source of hi-res predator images. I have the winston effect book and if get the chance and time, I'll scan the predator images from it for you. :)

+1... Only pictures of the original Predator interest me, and I can scan pics from the book too. :D

maybe iconic isn't the right word, but he's well known amognst a lot of ppl who pay attention to more than what's seen in the theatres.

Stick to your guns, don't back down because you got called out. I've seen those fan made movies, and I respect the craftsmanship of the suits, but they're garbage! P1 is what started it all, including that fanboy crap, and he is the only iconic Pred figure. But, you're not old enough to understand that, are ya :slap

Stick to your guns, don't back down because you got called out. I've seen those fan made movies, and I respect the craftsmanship of the suits, but they're garbage! P1 is what started it all, including that fanboy crap, and he is the only iconic Pred figure. But, you're not old enough to understand that, are ya :slap
You should watch Redemption. It's the most badass Alien/Predator fan film EVER.

looks suspiciously similar to the netting on the HT figures.

$(KGrHqUOKo4E3uWJmlyzBN+B+FeZk!~~0_3.JPG

now i'm gonna think my HT pred collection is covered in hair nets when i look at them

Back