NECA 1/4 Superman man Of Steel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just can't believe this is the figure that NECA has been bragging about for months. Seriously? :dunno

Have some faith in Neca. They seem pretty consistant and generally release a good product when all is said and done. I do admit though, those pics look pretty bad. Don't know why they would even show it lookin that bad.

942133_526419000753823_1797846562_n.jpg

YIKES thats bad

There's no way that can be the finished piece. :slap
The Playarts Kai version looks like this and they are horrible at face details. I doubt that Neca will be out staged by PlayArts!:lecture

There's no way that can be the finished piece. :slap
The Playarts Kai version looks like this and they are horrible at face details. I doubt that Neca will be out staged by PlayArts!:lecture

I haven't seen any Play Arts figs that looked that good to me when they were based on real-life counterparts.

Their video game stuff has been pretty good, though, especially the Final Fantasy, Mass Effect and Metal Gear stuff.

This looks absolutely terrible. It's hilarious how NECA was saying "just wait, ours is much better." :rotfl
:lol what other figure were they comparing to theirs? the Mattel Movie masters?
Aside from the bad head sculpt, is it just me that thinks the figure looks way to stubby? If it were life size, he looks like he'd be 5'6
I didn't notice it before but yea, his legs look a little short :lol
I just can't believe this is the figure that NECA has been bragging about for months. Seriously? :dunno

:rotfl

I wonder, if this franchise turns out to be as big as the Nolan Batman stuff for Hot Toys, if we might get a QS release at some point?

I think, if this turns out to be a hit, we might see a 1/4 with the hype of a sequal, but I doubt a 1/4 for the first movie. But HT does tend to go against what we find to be a normal business plan and instead think that we all want nonstop Iron Man :lol

The new Superman looks Horrible period! No matter what scale or what company. He looks stupid. Movie better be good.

I think it is coming along okay. The cape just needs to be a little darker and the face sculpt needs a little tweaking, especially the mouth. It could be just the paint throwing it off too.I like the body and sculpt of the suit. It has nice articulation. Fabric cape is awesome, so glad they are not trying to sculpt these like Mattel would.

You guys have to remember this is like an $80 mass market action figure. If you are looking for more detailed sculpts, stellar paint and seamless joints, obviously you need to wait for the Hot Toys version. I think this will turn out okay.

people cant be critical of the look of something just because they haven't watched the movie its based on?

Yeah I didn't notice it before, but the legs are too short, and well, yes the face is stupidly bad, I really hope they fix a least that, I do like the cape a lot.

Regarding the movie, I've no doubt the movie will work for me, can't wait to see it,

people cant be critical of the look of something just because they haven't watched the movie its based on?

Yeah! I've been hugh Superman fan for along time. The last movie sucked. I don't like this "darker" suit look. But I'm hope this will be an awesome movie. And this new suit grows on me.

I think the main problem is that the head is out of proportion to the body. If you just look at it from the neck down, it's not bad. I don't mind the joints since it's supposed to be an action figure. i shrunk the head by a smidge on the right copy.
942133_526419000753823_1797846562_n_zps4b6cb635.jpg

Last edited:
The problem is the head sculpt. I can't believe they'd even show picture's of that monstrosity. Henry Cavill is a handsome fella, that's why I think a lot of companies are going to have problems getting his likeness just right.

Back