NECA 1/4 Superman man Of Steel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I finally finished my repaint on this badboy, this is my first time repainting a human figure. I gotta say, its kinda complicated than I thought. Anyways, here are the pictures.

9813076184_76b1811b56_b.jpg

9813155143_cd0f2d6842_b.jpg

9813075534_5a09bf6398_b.jpg

9813153203_88721373cc_b.jpg

9813070255_9576e0b4b6_b.jpg

9813071884_6c845de2c2_b.jpg

9813098406_e725ef4fc0_z.jpg

*these images are unedited, my laptop has a broken screen, so can't edit them.
Sorry if some of them are over exposed. :D

Last edited:
Nice work you have polished a turd,no it was not that bad to begin with but you have made a great improvement on it. That blue is great you realy made a good job of it.

Thats a very nice looking blue. Which paint did you use for it? The red is also amazing, it makes the symbol pop out.

Nice work you have polished a turd,no it was not that bad to begin with but you have made a great improvement on it. That blue is great you really made a good job of it.

Thanks man. I appreciate the comment.

Thats a very nice looking blue. Which paint did you use for it? The red is also amazing, it makes the symbol pop out.

I used a Tamiya Metallics and Model Master paints.

Dear god that sculpt is horrific!! The nose looks like Coco Austin bending over and the left eye has a cheeseburger for an eye lid. There's no excuse for something so bad, i don't care how cheap it is for it's scale.

Dear god that sculpt is horrific!! The nose looks like Coco Austin bending over and the left eye has a cheeseburger for an eye lid. There's no excuse for something so bad, i don't care how cheap it is for it's scale.

What is up with the nose? Looks like Neca might have rushed this one through...still consider buying this...not sure

That new paint job is pretty good, now it doesn't look like plastic and it hides the articulations a lot better, plus that's one nice looking blue, congrats!

The neca one has gigantic "asscheek" protrusions at the tip that Henry Cavill doesn't have on his.

Can't be a butt, I see two holes! Now I'd like to see someone photoshop a thong on that!:rotfl

My repaint. Still needs a few touch ups but it's finished. I couldn't get a true to life pic for anything so the colors are a little on the bright side.
IMG_20130926_191841.jpg

IMG_20130926_191915.jpg

IMG_20130926_191823.jpg

IMG_20130926_191749.jpg

Thanks pally.

Overall it's a little darker than the pics show. The blue is fairly close to the actual costume but I made the Shield a little more colorful cuz the cape is so bright. I tried it darker with more burgundy but it just looked blah so I spruced it up. Also, the negative spaces are a nice gold and not as yellow as the pics make it out to be.

Saw this today while at DCC and while not as bad as I thought he was, (quite nice actually) I just couldn't pull trigger even at just $60

He looks like LEGO. Terrible figure. Really wonder what their Dutch will turn out like at this scale. Should be better than this I think but NECA paintjobs at larger scales only benefit in being neater - they are no more complex than at the smaller scale to my eyes.

I think the Keaton Batman will turn out great. It's 90% straight black after all.

I hope Thor and the Hulk turn out better. The airbrushing on Superman was terriballs.

Don't get me wrong I own this figure. I love it and hate it at the same time. Damn thing does not like to stand and my paint job was very lacking on it. Plus mine looks a like he got hit in the face with a shovel and has a wonkey eye.

I actually think the Keaton Batman will be awesome. The black hides the joints, and not much paint across the board. The colors will help hide any flaws. I am excited for it. This Superman however.... easy pass.

Back