NECA 1/4 Superman man Of Steel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is EPIC! What a repaint. I'd pay several hundred dollars to get a Neca Superman that good out of the box. What we got is barely passable as is.

I just got mine. It does look at lot better in hand then it does in pictures. Mine does have a black spot on his left cheek but I think a repaint will definitely help this figure.

The only problem I have is he can't stand on his own at all. Maybe something is wrong with the feet on mine but he's definitely going to fall over if he's not leaning on something.

Is there any articulation on those hands? It looks like they should be able to go up and down on the peg but mine barely move.

Last edited:
I think I will like it the most because the joints will be harder to see. I really look forward to this one.

Yeah they did a really great job hiding those joints, especially the ab joint. I'm really liking the cape on this superman. I can't wait to see the Keaton Batman. Gotta wait till probably middle or end of October for him.

I'll post images. That sculpt really popped out of that toy. It looks really good! Damn!

025154mk8oowfyay8quf47.jpg

025100xwxgii9x1itvbxdf.jpg

Thanks for posting those! repaint looks good. Hairline could've been done better but it shows that this sculpt definitely has potential.

I've been using ordinary acrylics from Walmart for over 10 years. What's important is to seal it when you're finished.

The repaint looks GOOD but the sculpt still looks off!Regardless,i think i'll pick this figure up and give it a repaint.Either go with the black suit ver. or the end-battle version,i'll know when i get this figure in my hands.Gipetto,you picking up this figure bro?Folk Art isn't bad especially since it's water based.I think there's also a acrylic paint by the name of Apple Barrel that is sold at Walmart ,right?I like using Vallejo paint and Testor's Model Master but Folk Art has come through for me on many occasions!^_^

Okay, I usually don't get 1/4 scales but I had to get that one. I wonder how huge he is in comparison to 1/6.

Anyone has this in hand could please post a comparison pic? My idea is to shrink the head to 1/6 for a custom to quench my MOS thirst until HT releases theirs! :)

Last edited:
The repaint looks GOOD but the sculpt still looks off!Regardless,i think i'll pick this figure up and give it a repaint.Either go with the black suit ver. or the end-battle version,i'll know when i get this figure in my hands.Gipetto,you picking up this figure bro?Folk Art isn't bad especially since it's water based.I think there's also a acrylic paint by the name of Apple Barrel that is sold at Walmart ,right?I like using Vallejo paint and Testor's Model Master but Folk Art has come through for me on many occasions!^_^

I used to use tamiya acrylic for gundam model kits. I wonder if that would work well with this figure. I'm not sure what kinda of sealer to use since I used to use future floor wax or something.

This is figure looks way better in person, definitely needs a repaint on though. But the sculpt is fantastic I think. Needs a stand as well. Ultimately is a great figure.

9575866702_7f1b7d67f2_c.jpg

Back