NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my second from Calendars, which I'm waiting to hear back from them to return.

P16CsIH.jpg

My phone doesn't quite capture the dark spot prominence in how it looks in person.

Bandana was supposed to be dirty, because of the fight etc.

I think you'll probably have to find one on ebay with no dirty paint as all of mine and my friends' Raphs had the weathered paint from calendars. This batch seems to have it.

I got a guy I've been trading messages with for a few days now that's in my town... a little difficult for him to understand what type of pics I want, but it appears it's mostly a good one with next to no dark spots. The front is clean and that's the most import part.

My Raph has a dirty bandanna but I think it looks great. I watched the movie the other day on Blu-ray and his bandanna does get dirty in the film so it's accurate.

Now My Donny, that was a different story.

Mine had 5 HUGE spots on his chin... it looked awful.

I used fingernail polish remover and now it looks so much better. I left a little bit of it on there to give it the dirty look like in the movie.

The spots RUIN these figures.

So, is there any word at all for a trench coat and hat for Raph? Anyone of us freaks making sets?

These are such a success for NECA I'd be amazed if they don't release another Raph figure with the trenchcoat and hat. All of the Turtles in fact - with brand new facial expressions.

Bandana was supposed to be dirty, because of the fight etc.
Exactly I really don't see a problem with it ..I'm glad I'm not too @n@l about stuff like this. I get it you want it to be perfect but that'll never happend even with Hot Toys. To each their own but seriously why go throught all that hassle when a $1 acrylic paint or nail polish remover can take care of paint defects.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Seriously I'm just glad I'm getting all 4...if I check ever defect than I'll probably wouldn't have neither one at moment. Not once has anyone that came to my house said (why does Donnie have those spots) they however be like holy ishh those are bad a$$.
6139141372f446eb10cebdb0dea3447f.jpg

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

I got a guy I've been trading messages with for a few days now that's in my town... a little difficult for him to understand what type of pics I want, but it appears it's mostly a good one with next to no dark spots. The front is clean and that's the most import part.

Is it mine? Lol

I might end up just keeping what I got. The really dirty Raphael I was able to scrape off the paint without hurting the bandana. But now it has like a shine to it since I scrubbed it. What do you recommend to mute the shine so it's more matte?

Back