NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My calendars raphael has a dirty bandana but it is not bad and is less dirty then some of the bad ones I have seen. One question, his belt is loose/hanging down low(have not opened the box). Is the belt supposed to be glued on or do I just need to pull it up higher on the midsection once I open him.

I thought Raphael was supposed to have a dirty bandana or have I got that wrong? I'm sure on the box pics it was dirty so I didn't think anything of it when mine was like that.

I might end up just keeping what I got. The really dirty Raphael I was able to scrape off the paint without hurting the bandana. But now it has like a shine to it since I scrubbed it. What do you recommend to mute the shine so it's more matte?

I've used acetone on the end of a Q-tip to lightly wipe across areas to take away some shine on other projects. You don't want to go crazy with it, you just want to use a little teeny bit and work at it in multiple light swipes over and over to get the effect. I would test it on the back to see how it looks first but it's an option I think might work.

Also some soft scrub on the end of a qtip working it around a little then use a wet paper towel to wipe off the residue should remove the shine and dull it a bit...

My calendars raphael has a dirty bandana but it is not bad and is less dirty then some of the bad ones I have seen. One question, his belt is loose/hanging down low(have not opened the box). Is the belt supposed to be glued on or do I just need to pull it up higher on the midsection once I open him.

I had a loose belt Raph too. It's easily adjustable though. I added some glue to make sure it stayed in place but it seems to stay without it once adjusted.

I've used acetone on the end of a Q-tip to lightly wipe across areas to take away some shine on other projects. You don't want to go crazy with it, you just want to use a little teeny bit and work at it in multiple light swipes over and over to get the effect. I would test it on the back to see how it looks first but it's an option I think might work.

Also some soft scrub on the end of a qtip working it around a little then use a wet paper towel to wipe off the residue should remove the shine and dull it a bit...

I just know if I did that, I'll end up stripping the paint.

It breaks my heart we'll never see these in 1/6. They look so amazing

Popcultcha updated shipping from 13th of April to the 30th then back to the 28th.

I hope we don't get this hassle with Leo...

Any update on the 'extras' packs?

Just got mine in from Calendars. Dirty bandana and very loose torso, difficult to pose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still confused by all the talk of the dirty bandana, is that not how it is supposed to be? If not why does he have a dirty bandana in the pictures on the back of the box.

For those of you wanting a flat clear coat this one does the trick: https://www.amazon.com/TAMIYA-TS-80-Clear-Spray-Laquer/dp/B000ZVO3YS

Of course you'd need to mask the eyes but it is hands down the best clear I've come across. Dries fast too. Here's a before and after comparison from when I was doing my custom Wonder Woman.
2017-02-26_12.47.20.jpg

I'm still confused by all the talk of the dirty bandana, is that not how it is supposed to be? If not why does he have a dirty bandana in the pictures on the back of the box.

They are definitely supposed to have some dirt on them as seen in the actual movie!

For those of you wanting a flat clear coat this one does the trick: https://www.amazon.com/TAMIYA-TS-80-Clear-Spray-Laquer/dp/B000ZVO3YS

Of course you'd need to mask the eyes but it is hands down the best clear I've come across. Dries fast too. Here's a before and after comparison from when I was doing my custom Wonder Woman.
View attachment 337107

How do you put that on. Just spray it or could you apply it with a brush or something?

It gets shiny when you try to rub off all that dirty gunk.

Ah okay. I'm still debating on what to do. Maybe I'll order that, with some masking tape.

I guess just quick little peppering of it will do.
Yeah, a light spray and you'd be sorted. There are quite a few figures a light spray of that does wonders for. It helps remove that plastic sheen. Handy to have a can because a light application of it to many of NECA's figures makes such a huge difference.

I'm personally fine with some imperfections in these, considering the price.

Got mine from Calendars today. The box is literally beat to ****, and I can see some dark, dirty looking spots on the bandana (Raph) but it's all good considering I paid $91-92 shipped?

All my boxes go to the trash anyway.

Back