NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered both Donatello and Raph from Entertainment earth because they had a free shipping deal on them. Still waiting on both. Neither has shipped yet.

New Raph pose
6d0e74e51de9f30fdfa07b64b57d153a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

They really aren't fussed about scale are they, particularly not across different lines. ^There being a prime example. Predators are over 7 foot tall (Kevin Peter Hall even without the suit was over 7 foot), the turtles are supposed to be, what, 4 foot something? Even if we allow for actors wearing those Turtle suits who were taller than that I still don't think the figures should be that close in height to a Predator.

Ultimately I don't really care about correct cross-franchise scale but I've always maintained that the Kevin Peter Hall Predator figures are too small even within their own lines and that does bug me.

Last edited:
They really aren't fussed about scale are they, particularly not across different lines. ^There being a prime example. Predators are over 7 foot tall (Kevin Peter Hall even without the suit on was over 7 foot), the turtles are supposed to be, what, 4 foot something?

So maybe it might be a good idea not to wish for Casey Jones or Shredder as they would most likely be the same height as the turtles and as a result not proportioned!

They really aren't fussed about scale are they, particularly not across different lines. ^There being a prime example. Predators are over 7 foot tall (Kevin Peter Hall even without the suit was over 7 foot), the turtles are supposed to be, what, 4 foot something? Even if we allow for actors wearing those Turtle suits who were taller than that I still don't think the figures should be that close in height to a Predator.

Ultimately I don't really care about correct cross-franchise scale but I've always maintained that the Kevin Peter Hall Predator figures are too small even within their own lines and that does bug me.
The turtles in the suits were 5'5. April is 5'7 with out heels so with heels thst would make her 5'9.

So maybe it might be a good idea not to wish for Casey Jones or Shredder as they would most likely be the same height as the turtles and as a result not proportioned!
If they made Shredder he be 18 inches nothing to worry about.

If they made Shredder he be 18 inches nothing to worry about.

He'd be the size of the P1 Predator though I suppose is what Bo Shrek was implying...not a problem for the Turtles line in isolation but if you display them next to the Predator line you'd be forced to call bull**** on anyone saying that these are all true 1:4 scale.

He'd be the size of the P1 Predator though I suppose is what Bo Shrek was implying...not a problem for the Turtles line in isolation but if you display them next to the Predator line you'd be forced to call bull**** on anyone saying that these are all true 1:4 scale.
Neca has always be in accurate for Thier Predators sizes except for AVP no surprise there. But all there other lines are pretty accurate in height wise.

Neca has always be in accurate for Thier Predators sizes except for AVP no surprise there. But all there other lines are pretty accurate in height wise.

Yup. But anyway that was just a discussion point I decided to bring up while I was otherwise bored toward the end of my workday. I'm home now once again enjoying Donatello. I hope I get similarly lucky with the other three because I got a pretty great example of Donnie. I'm blown away by the paintjob on mine. I've got him just standing in what I guess looks like a 'male model' type pose with his staff holstered on his back, looks incredible.

Yup. But anyway that was just a discussion point I decided to bring up while I was otherwise bored toward the end of my workday. I'm home now once again enjoying Donatello. I hope I get similarly lucky with the other three because I got a pretty great example of Donnie. I'm blown away by the paintjob on mine. I've got him just standing in what I guess looks like a 'male model' type pose with his staff holstered on his back, looks incredible.
Yeah he's awesome Raph is just as awesome

The turtles in the suits were 5'5. April is 5'7 with out heels so with heels thst would make her 5'9.

Josh Pais who played Raphael was the tallest of the actors at 5'7" plus the animatronic head had to of added another inch or more so I'm thinking Raphael stood between 5'8" and 5'9" fully suited up.

I purchased 2 of each turtle one to open and one to keep in mib. For Donatello I ended up with 1 with the black spots under the chin and one without which I much prefer. Which of the two would you open?

Back