NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Costs close to $200US to get a turtle to me as well, but it really felt worth it once I saw it in person.

I can imagine a scenario, where 2 years from now, peeps wished they had simply swallowed the shipping & import costs for a $200 turtle.

Although, I can imagine rereleases, & deals popping up here & there, 2 years from now as well. Maybe even a 4 figure set package deal from Neca sometime after they are all individually released. Who knows? Don't really want to risk missing out myself. So I plan on pre ordering, & buying as they are released.

I'm just speaking from personal experience.
I have passed on many figures in the past and I kicked myself in the ass after I did it.
Because the price on the figure went up so high that I almost paid double for a figure that I could have got right away.

With these turtles , they will go up way more than double the price .
trust me.
These are going to Skyrocket soon once they're sold out .see you later.... Dig deep my fellow freaks

I would have no problem doing that for people.

If the shipping cost isn't as much as the Turtle itself I'd love to take you up on that :) Would the shipping cost be lower to have two turtles shipped at once instead of one at a time or does it make no difference? For example I could paypal you the money for both Turtles + delivery but send both together when Raph arrives. Although that would mean one of them taking up space at your place for a while so I understand if that's a favour too far.

Is Donnie still available anywhere over there? Still not showing up on calendars.com

I'm surprised to see that NECA costs $150-200 in other regions -- I thought collectors from our country are alone with that predicament. In my 5x visiting the US I bought a NECA quarter scale figure twice and those figures (whkch I got at US SRP) made the trip all the more worth it. Still, I'm looking forward to getting Donnie and the rest of the gang. This is stellar work from NECA and can't go wrong having the whole team in majestic quarter scale for less than the price of the new Deadpool PF.

On the other hand, this figure to me is a close second in MY book for FOTY 2016. I went for BvS Batfleck, which I don't plan to mod at all. Maybe it's my love for Bats being stronger than my love for the Turtles, maybe it's my love for the graphic novel that inspired the suit and IMO HT delivered in translating that muscle suit well, which I think is a breakthrough considering that they could have gone the same route as their Arkhan City Batman rubber suit.

Quick sketch of the diorama I will be making :wink1:

IMG_20170114_215947.jpg

They're more like $200 for us though after shipping and customs tax. The weak pound is crushing us to. It doesn't seem long ago $100 was just below £60, now its over £80 and showing no signs of improving. If it was a single figure it wouldn't be as much as an issue but around $800 to get the set is a major investment especially the with Blitzway Ghostbusters coming this year to.

I got the same problem here in Australia. With each of turtles coming to 200.00 AU I am looking at a hefty price tag if I want all four. Plus, add to that NECA's dodgy history with paint apps and QC issues, I really am hesitant to pre order these online so may just have to wait for each to show up in my local comic book shops and see them over in person before investing.

I'm just speaking from personal experience.
I have passed on many figures in the past and I kicked myself in the ass after I did it.
Because the price on the figure went up so high that I almost paid double for a figure that I could have got right away.

With these turtles , they will go up way more than double the price .
trust me.
These are going to Skyrocket soon once they're sold out .see you later.... Dig deep my fellow freaks

It happens to me too. I still to this day regret not picking up the NECA Spider Gremlin and the Alien Queen in her original paint colour. But at least from what the rumours are thanks to twitter NECA may be reissuing the blue Queen at least thanks to demand. Not so much the Spider Gremlin.

I'm surprised to see that NECA costs $150-200 in other regions -- I thought collectors from our country are alone with that predicament. In my 5x visiting the US I bought a NECA quarter scale figure twice and those figures (whkch I got at US SRP) made the trip all the more worth it. Still, I'm looking forward to getting Donnie and the rest of the gang. This is stellar work from NECA and can't go wrong having the whole team in majestic quarter scale for less than the price of the new Deadpool PF.

On the other hand, this figure to me is a close second in MY book for FOTY 2016. I went for BvS Batfleck, which I don't plan to mod at all. Maybe it's my love for Bats being stronger than my love for the Turtles, maybe it's my love for the graphic novel that inspired the suit and IMO HT delivered in translating that muscle suit well, which I think is a breakthrough considering that they could have gone the same route as their Arkhan City Batman rubber suit.

Most NECA's are available in the Philippines ever since at TRU and includes quarter scale figures.
You don't have to get them and haul back from the states and I don't think it's worth it too.
It takes too much space.
If you can't get them in your country then the nearest is in HK.
According to my Filipino friends, there's a NECA distributor over there (Arigatoys).
Unfortunately these TMNT quarter scale and even the 7"scale releases(2016 SDCC tmnt arcade sets and the NYCC comic book-foot clan set)
are not avai;able outside the US due to licensing restrictions.

Costs close to $200US to get a turtle to me as well, but it really felt worth it once I saw it in person.

I can imagine a scenario, where 2 years from now, peeps wished they had simply swallowed the shipping & import costs for a $200 turtle.

Although, I can imagine rereleases, & deals popping up here & there, 2 years from now as well. Maybe even a 4 figure set package deal from Neca sometime after they are all individually released. Who knows? Don't really want to risk missing out myself. So I plan on pre ordering, & buying as they are released.

I'm sure there can be releases but a 4 pack seems pretty impossible. Just the shipping alone would be way too much.

I'm sure there can be releases but a 4 pack seems pretty impossible. Just the shipping alone would be way too much.
Shipping all 4 in one box, would be cheaper than shipping them individually I think.

I got the same problem here in Australia. With each of turtles coming to 200.00 AU I am looking at a hefty price tag if I want all four. Plus, add to that NECA's dodgy history with paint apps and QC issues, I really am hesitant to pre order these online so may just have to wait for each to show up in my local comic book shops and see them over in person before investing.

Thats highly unlikely as they only have the license for the United States and the rest of the world will not be able to stock them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats highly unlikely as they only have the license for the United States and the rest of the world will not be able to stock them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. There's nothing to stop customers buying from the US to ship internationally but shops are unable to buy from the US to sell at retail.

More like $200 with shipping and taxes. $800 for the four turtles. Simply can't do it.

Is this because you feel the Turtles are from an "inferior" company, or $800 is just too much to spend on 4 figures?
Just so you know would be on the fence about spending that kind of cash, but it seems this license is something you love.
Did you get the BW GB figures? If you did those four run about what these four would cost you.

Is this because you feel the Turtles are from an "inferior" company, or $800 is just too much to spend on 4 figures?
Just so you know would be on the fence about spending that kind of cash, but it seems this license is something you love.
Did you get the BW GB figures? If you did those four run about what these four would cost you.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I assume it's because he doesn't want to pay double the going retail price. Doesn't matter what something else costs.

Back