NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought BVS Batman.

I opened it, good looking fig. But then again, it reminded me of that abomination of a film. I admit (something most won't do around here) I let hype got the best of me and got him, there was absolutely no attachment whatsoever in any way. It didn't remind me of anything good. So I sold it for almost double the amount I paid and then some more.

With that money, I bought Donnie, and I had some $$$ leftover to do nice things with family and friends.

This figure reminds me of how amazing was being a kid in those times. I absolutely love this figure.

BVS Bats? Flavor of the month crap.

The thing about that figure is. Yea batfleck is good but the universe he's sorrounded in is meh rn. The joker is some riff raff jim Carey reject and we don't know to much about this batman. If justice league flops along with Wonder Woman that batman is getting rebooted. They are starting off bad as it is.

This figure reminds me of how amazing was being a kid in those times. I absolutely love this figure.

Too right! I still remember the Friday night we rented the VHS. As a kid watching your favourite TV cartoon come to life was amazing. :) The reason why it's crushing that these are priced out of my league. :(

Too right! I still remember the Friday night we rented the VHS. As a kid watching your favourite TV cartoon come to life was amazing. :) The reason why it's crushing that these are priced out of my league. :(

Yes!

How expensive are these around your area?

And I was finally able to figure out this picture signature thing! Thanks again!

I remember back when figures were like 180 at the highest. I once got an iron man for 200 . Now a damn basic figure such as captain America can be close to 300

I remember back when figures were like 180 at the highest. I once got an iron man for 200 . Now a damn basic figure such as captain America can be close to 300

Yeah i remember i got the hot toys lost predator in 2008 for $159. Its amazing the jump in pricing in 9 years. Figures are double now what they were in 2007/08. I just flat out refuse to pay for the 1/6th scale figures hot toys are releasing nowadays. $600 plus shipping for 2 figures. I don't think so..

Last edited:
Yep, Hero Turtles over here. They didn't want a kids TV show to have the Ninja theme attached to it - Hero is more kid friendly. :lol

That's some crazy censorship :lol still I loved that show, at the time had no idea the name had been changed.

franpincho said:
I bought BVS Batman.

I opened it, good looking fig. But then again, it reminded me of that abomination of a film. I admit (something most won't do around here) I let hype got the best of me and got him, there was absolutely no attachment whatsoever in any way. It didn't remind me of anything good. So I sold it for almost double the amount I paid and then some more.

With that money, I bought Donnie, and I had some $$$ leftover to do nice things with family and friends.

BVS Bats? Flavor of the month crap.

If you hated the movie that much you were obviously going to resent the figure, why you bought it is in the first place is a mystery. A lot of people did at least like the movie though and the figure is flat out awesome. The likeness is extraordinary, its the most poseable Hot Toys Batman ever in arguably his most comic book accurate movie suit to date.

We all have great nostalgia for our childhood favourites but shouldn't blindly fall into the trap of thinking everything 'was better in my day'. My parents still think Adam West was the best Batman and despised the Keaton version when it came out, no good music was made after the mid 70's, actors weren't what they used to be, even the weather used to better apparently. As for the Turtles and Ghostbusters I adored as an 80's kid you can guess what they thought of that, 'flavour of the month crap'..though not quite in those words. :lol

I just looked up the 90's Turtles movie and was surprised to see it sitting at only 40% on RT, it seems it was critically panned much like BVS. Critics opinions certainly won't stop me loving the 90's Turtles and likewise I'll still think BVS is a flawed but visually stunning film with the best live action Batman I've seen to date. Affleck's solo movie will be free of those issues so I don't doubt it will do very well. Snyder is hopefully finished with DC movies after JL.

Yeah i remember i got the hot toys lost predator in 2008 for $159. Its amazing the jump in pricing in 9 years. Figures are double now what they were in 2007/08. I just flat out refuse to pay for the 1/6th scale figures hot toys are releasing nowadays. $600 plus shipping for 2 figures. I don't think so..

This is exactly why I have no interest in most of Hot Toys figures just crazy prices. I just rather spend that extra money on two or three NECA 1/4 or an 1/12 Mezco... But That's just me I guess.

Basic economics.

Corner the market
Raise your prices.
Basically Hot Toys did what any company would do when you capitalize on a "hot" product.

You know once you develop a strong fan base and customers who will buy your products. Now you can raise your price and they will still buy the products.
I would have did the same thing if I owned the company.

Basic economics.

Corner the market
Raise your prices.
Basically Hot Toys did what any company would do when you capitalize on a "hot" product.

You know once you develop a strong fan base and customers who will buy your products. Now you can raise your price and they will still buy the products.
I would have did the same thing if I owned the company.

And still keep hold of the Predator license and do **** all with it; and when they do it's inaccurate or reused parts. Time to give that 1/6 Predator license to another company to have a bash at.

And still keep hold of the Predator license and do **** all with it; and when they do it's inaccurate or reused parts. Time to give that 1/6 Predator license to another company to have a bash at.

Still waiting for an new Chopper and Wolf from them but I doubt it'll be accurate.

Unless as a kid your aunt bought the VHS of it for you and you taped over it with episodes of the cartoon because you hated it so much because it wasn't enough like the cartoon.

This is exactly why I have no interest in most of Hot Toys figures just crazy prices. I just rather spend that extra money on two or three NECA 1/4 or an 1/12 Mezco... But That's just me I guess.

I'm with you on that. I ALMOST bought Returns Batman from Hot Toys but upon thinking of how out of scale the NECA Penguin would be as well as HT's utter neglect over non-Disney/DCEU licenses, I'm with NECA here on out when it comes for the larger figures.

Mezco's 1:12 stuff are too pricey for my tastes.

I've yet to pay hot toys asking price. It's pretty simple, the secondary market is so crappy I've been able to pick up each of my figures for 20 to 40% off. Hell, I have an exclusive silver centurion thats been up for sale for six months at a hundred and fifty bucks. Not even a nibble. So yeah, stop paying full price! lol

$100 ??? come on Goose. sell something . you have to get these

$100 ??? come on Goose. sell something . you have to get these

They're more like $200 for us though after shipping and customs tax. The weak pound is crushing us to. It doesn't seem long ago $100 was just below £60, now its over £80 and showing no signs of improving. If it was a single figure it wouldn't be as much as an issue but around $800 to get the set is a major investment especially the with Blitzway Ghostbusters coming this year to.

If someone from the us could buy it for us with free shipping and then uses usps with the cheapest rate. It would also mean no customs, and I'm sure it could be like $140...

Back