NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine seems a tad loose in the shell but I thought it was supposed to be that way

For those who have used a hair dryer to loosen up the joints, how long did you do this and is there a preferred level of heat to use?

For those who have used a hair dryer to loosen up the joints, how long did you do this and is there a preferred level of heat to use?

its not an exact science... you are just looking to heat up the joint to loosen it. hair dryers usual have hi and low... just hit the joint on hi for about 10 seconds with the tip of the dryer close to the joint. should do the trick. try it... if it's still stiff... do it a again and just increase the time by a few seconds. nothing to it and pretty straight forward.

giphy.gif

Isn't the torso meant to be "floating" around in the shell? I didn't think that was a QC issue.

Isn't the torso meant to be "floating" around in the shell? I didn't think that was a QC issue.

Turns out the real world answer to this question is:

"The carapace is the dorsal (back), convex part of the shell structure of a turtle, consisting of the animal's ossified ribs fused with the dermal bone. The spine and expanded ribs are fused through ossification to dermal plates beneath the skin to form a hard shell."

I always thought the shell was detached from the body at some point. Turns out it's a form of skeleton. :lol

Turns out the real world answer to this question is:

"The carapace is the dorsal (back), convex part of the shell structure of a turtle, consisting of the animal's ossified ribs fused with the dermal bone. The spine and expanded ribs are fused through ossification to dermal plates beneath the skin to form a hard shell."

I always thought the shell was detached from the body at some point. Turns out it's a form of skeleton. :lol
giphy.gif

Post a picture of that faulty figure in standing pose.
you wouldn't notice anything in a picture. It looks fine standing up.. but its loose to the point i just have to tap it to move it side to side.. It definitely feels like it isn't connected to anything.. I am gonna try talking to neca and see what they can do..

The irony being that even with BvS being the most heavily criticised movie on this forum most still went out and bought the figures.
Lol so true... I liked the movie alot. But haven't bought the HT BvS Bats. Did buy the Neca 1/4 though. Might get the HT in a couple of months. But yes the same people talking bad about the Movie are the ones that bought it first.

C'mon guys Batman is my favorite Comic character But Donnie took Figure of the year...so go vote for 2016 figure of the year thread if you agree. Here's some motivation
e91fc4699cccc20f2d28591797e71cb1.jpg

Lol so true... I liked the movie alot. But haven't bought the HT BvS Bats. Did buy the Neca 1/4 though. Might get the HT in a couple of months. But yes the same people talking bad about the Movie are the ones that bought it first.

Yep, which is why I don't trust most of the crap people write in the movie threads. :lol

Yep, which is why I don't trust most of the crap people write in the movie threads. :lol

I've learned to keep my distance from the movie threads. Seems no one there likes anything... of course that's an over generalization but negativity is always louder than positivity, unfortunately.

I've decided to pass on this line, sadly. I really hope a 1/6 line comes through with just as much awesomeness. As great as the price is, I don't see 4 of these guys getting the proper display they deserve in the forseeable future.

The irony being that even with BvS being the most heavily criticised movie on this forum most still went out and bought the figures.

Are you forgot that 1990's TMNT movie was so cheesy and crappy? It was bad movie all around if you are take off those nostalgia glasses.

But figure is nothing to do with its movie. If its looking good, people will buy.

Are you forgot that 1990's TMNT movie was so cheesy and crappy? It was bad movie all around if you are take off those nostalgia glasses.

But figure is nothing to do with its movie. If its looking good, people will buy.

Back in the early 90's the turtles looked as real as a cartoon character could on screen. It's far superior to the current TMNT Shrek Turtle movies which already have cheesy looking CGI turtles from day one.

And no, if I don't like a movie I won't buy any merchandise from it. I guess that's just standard internet double standards these days though. Bash a movie with your internet friends but then go out and buy the figures because deep down you actually like it but can only admit it by blowing hundreds of $$$ on a cool looking toy. :lecture

C'mon guys Batman is my favorite Comic character But Donnie took Figure of the year...so go vote for 2016 figure of the year thread if you agree. Here's some motivation
e91fc4699cccc20f2d28591797e71cb1.jpg

Hear hear. I love the BvS Bats, but a figure of him was inevitable. A 90's movie Donatello of this sculpting level and quality was something I never dreamed I'd see. Easily the best figure 0f 2016.

Whats wrong with having figures from movies you don't like? Plenty of people loved Batfleck but didn't like the movie as a whole or just loved the Dark Knight Returns vibe the figures have.

I liked the movie, it's too flawed to say I love it, but all the BVS figures are awesome. I really didn't like SS but love Harley Quinn so her figure was an instant preorder.

Donnie is as good as any figure released in 2016 quality wise and represents far better value than Hot Toys figures but only for US buyers. A figure of the year candidate needs to be available in more than a single country IMO. I still hope to own this figure in 2017 but it's gonna be expensive!

Back