NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These guys are a great bunch of characters for NECA to do in the large scale regardless of Hot Toys this or that.

The other 1/4 NECA stuff is decent to dodgy looking at best (with perhaps the Predators as exceptions), but the 1990 film Turtles translate beautifully to this particular format & medium; the practical suits the actors wore aren't like an actual human being in clothing represented in this scale.

As mentioned earier, they're perfect analogues - & I couldn't give a **** if HT were making them, they'd be QC nightmares in the waiting.
Yeah these are a whole different ball game than average offerings from Hot Toys. NECA stuff is usually pretty decent but nothing that really wows me I guess. Personally I've found a lot of their 1/4th stuff a bit pricey for what it is and the quality. The Turtles translate well in this format because it would be hard to make them in mixed media form considering they'd be mostly comprised of rubber. I probably won't get these because I don't collect 1/4th scale but if they ever made 7" figures I'd be in.

Yeah these are a whole different ball game than average offerings from Hot Toys. NECA stuff is usually pretty decent but nothing that really wows me I guess. Personally I've found a lot of their 1/4th stuff a bit pricey for what it is and the quality. The Turtles translate well in this format because it would be hard to make them in mixed media form considering they'd be mostly comprised of rubber. I probably won't get these because I don't collect 1/4th scale but if they ever made 7" figures I'd be in.

I'm sure one way or another NECA will find an way to make them in 7 inch.... Now to the whole public that remains to be seen.

I'm sure one way or another NECA will find an way to make them in 7 inch.... Now to the whole public that remains to be seen.

I collect 7 inch but I'd have no need to own the Turtles at that scale. Because my Turtle collection would likely begin and end with these four I'd want them to be high-visibility and therefore 1:4 is the best choice for me. And even at that scale I think they'll look nicely compact what with them being small characters anyway.

I collect 7 inch but I'd have no need to own the Turtles at that scale. Because my Turtle collection would likely begin and end with these four I'd want them to be high-visibility and therefore 1:4 is the best choice for me. And even at that scale I think they'll look nicely compact what with them being small characters anyway.

Yeah and the likely hood of an movie Shredder and Splinter is pretty damn high....

NECA is a much larger company than HT is anyway, they can afford to charge less on certain items due to the sheer scale of sales they will get. HT prices aren't that bad in HK where they are made, it's our distributers that throw on their extra GP%.

I also agree that these look better than the Prime 1 statues and look at the price tag on them.

NECA is a much larger company than HT is anyway, they can afford to charge less on certain items due to the sheer scale of sales they will get. HT prices aren't that bad in HK where they are made, it's our distributers that throw on their extra GP%.

I also agree that these look better than the Prime 1 statues and look at the price tag on them.

Yep I think these will be pretty good come the final paint job. I mean look at thier first 1/4 paint job. It was pretty damn accurate to the proto type... Or look at thier original Penguin.

Yeah and the likely hood of an movie Shredder and Splinter is pretty damn high....

The mention of those concerns me a little. Would I feel compelled to buy those and subsequently end up going completist and buying whatever they make for this movie. That's always my concern about branching out into things I previously hadn't planned on buying.

Is there anyone who feels confident that they only need the Turtles? How will you block that collector tendency towards expansion and 'completion'

I'd be fine with just the turtles in this scale. Seeing as I don't normally collect figures this size I wouldn't want too many as I feel they are more of a centrepiece. I also think Splinter wouldn't translate well in this size with plastic fur. Shredder is a character I'd get at a smaller scale.

I think a lot of people in this thread agree with you. Can't beat these Turtles in value for money.

But still, where to order these when you are not in the US? [emoji38]
They are available for pre order in the UK and Aus right now. You would need to check your local retailers to see if they will stock it.

I'd be fine with just the turtles in this scale. Seeing as I don't normally collect figures this size I wouldn't want too many as I feel they are more of a centrepiece. I also think Splinter wouldn't translate well in this size with plastic fur. Shredder is a character I'd get at a smaller scale.

I approve of this thinking. That may be helpful

I have a few questions...first, do we know if these come with any kind of stand? Or do we just stand them flat footed like the turtle figures we bought as kids?

Second, part of the bandana appears to actually be cloth. Is that true, or am I just seeing what I want to see there?

Lastly, do we expect these to be available on Amazon, or do we basically just need to keep checking BBTS to see if they/Donnie goes back up for pre order?

Not an Deal breaker at all for me... Your not gonna be looking at them constantly that close. And your comparing an very low res screen shot to an high res dslr pic. Not exactly an fair comparison.

This is from the bluray:

attachment.php

full resolution:

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13613502_10154357117539346_8118619498608789942_o.jpg
yep, thanks for clarification! scales are definitely there.

Fantastic shots. I still can't believe after all these years we finally get 90s Turtles, and at this level of quality.
i'm still afraid of cheap paint on actual figures. when they announced 1/4 predator, he was beautifully painted. real figure looked a lot cheaper.

I have a few questions...first, do we know if these come with any kind of stand? Or do we just stand them flat footed like the turtle figures we bought as kids?

Second, part of the bandana appears to actually be cloth. Is that true, or am I just seeing what I want to see there?

Lastly, do we expect these to be available on Amazon, or do we basically just need to keep checking BBTS to see if they/Donnie goes back up for pre order?
Randy said they will be on thier Amazon/ eBay when they are in stock. The second part of the bandana is cloth. My suggestion for stands are the Kaiser doll stands

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

yes yes yes and yes...i'll take them all thanks...being creative with skins and fabrics...predators were amazing also, has earnt you a very high score in my book...they could have been lazy on this, but didn't...respect.

NECA is not a larger company compare to Hot Toys. For one fact, Hot Toys have 2 stores, one in Hong Kong and another one in Shang Hai. NECA doesn't have a flag ship store. NECA can charge less because of the opposite reason. They are a smaller company and therefore have less staff. It reduces the cost because less labor is involved. Which is why you get more for your buck than what you get from Mattel or Hasbro.

NECA is not a larger company compare to Hot Toys. For one fact, Hot Toys have 2 stores, one in Hong Kong and another one in Shang Hai. NECA doesn't have a flag ship store. NECA can charge less because of the opposite reason. They are a smaller company and therefore have less staff. It reduces the cost because less labor is involved. Which is why you get more for your buck than what you get from Mattel or Hasbro.

So, Apple should charge more than everything and everyone else does because they are (and they are) HUGE.

Like HT, they charge what they want because they can get away with it. People always find ways to justify their prices.

I love apple, I just don't need to justify the fact that I'm getting screwed with their prices. But that's on me.

Last edited:
I'm stuck between NECA's and Prime 1's Raphael. NECA's sculpt looks better but the visible joint are a little off-putting for me. With that said, I'm leaning towards Prime 1.

I'm stuck between NECA's and Prime 1's Raphael. NECA's sculpt looks better but the visible joint are a little off-putting for me. With that said, I'm leaning towards Prime 1.
What visible joint most are covered by elbow and knee pads. NECAs Raph is more accurate. Has the spots, Raphs scar on his face,Raph's scratches on his shell.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Back