NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neca prototypes always look so high end, but the production pieces often suffer. I really hope they can get the paint apps close to these prototypes, but I'll wait and see.

Neca prototypes always look so high end, but the production pieces often suffer. I really hope they can get the paint apps close to these prototypes, but I'll wait and see.

Neca? Uh their 1/4 figs turn out great. What figures are you talking about that suffer? All the neca figs I have look great.

dbaccba849912c4a7b7317e928572ce1.jpg

628719f5e13e166692583456efefd7ef.jpg

52de8342d7a1b84c2341677acfc51e7d.jpg

032913e29a26d30ec1837b911a550d48.jpg

Fantastic shots. I still can't believe after all these years we finally get 90s Turtles, and at this level of quality.

Usually not far, Arkham Knight & Penguin are amazing. Bale's Batman is even better

So glad I ordered Donnie and I'll definitely be getting the rest! These look so good! I really like the cloth parts on the masks too

Even when you think about it, all four of these AMAZING looking turtles don't even come CLOSE to your regular (ONE) 1/4 offering from HT, $$$ wise. It is INSANE how some try to justify their prices with plain BS. Sure they are nice, sure they look better than NECA's offerings (with a $500 difference? LOL).

This is not me judging people buying 1/4 HT, or HT at all. But the way some "experts" justify their insane, plain rape prices is funny when NECA can produce this beautiful set, for less than $100 each, and still make money out of their fans.

Look at the 1/4 IM mark whatever. Does it look better than the NECA counterpart? You'd be blind to say that it doesn't. $500 better? jesus efin christ.

Anyway, rant's over. Can't wait for these. It's the most excited I've been for a figure in a long, long time.

Good points.

Put a Ferrari badge on a standard road car and watch buyers put their money down on it regardless.

These guys are a great bunch of characters for NECA to do in the large scale regardless of Hot Toys this or that.

The other 1/4 NECA stuff is decent to dodgy looking at best (with perhaps the Predators as exceptions), but the 1990 film Turtles translate beautifully to this particular format & medium; the practical suits the actors wore aren't like an actual human being in clothing represented in this scale.

As mentioned earier, they're perfect analogues - & I couldn't give a **** if HT were making them, they'd be QC nightmares in the waiting.

Im relatively new to the Neca and toy world, is the excitement for the 1990 TMNT line about on par for most releases our is this something special?

Paint on the final production piece is the only area where Hot Toys would likely do any better at these anyway - and it'd be a nice paintjob but not necessarily an accurate one (see Robocop)

Sculptwise Hot Toys wouldn't beat these. And there's a chance they'd use rubber parts too. **** that.

Last edited:
Yep, I mentioned the rubber thing earlier. My appreciation for them in the last six years, has gone from almost unconditional praise to a healthy cynicism. :lol

Im relatively new to the Neca and toy world, is the excitement for the 1990 TMNT line about on par for most releases our is this something special?

I'd say a bit above average. These designs hold a special place in many fans' hearts and haven't seen a proper or affordable representation before. Prime 1 statues are great but one Turtle is equal to the cost of all 4 NECA, Playmates did figures supposed to be movie representations but came out too cartoon looking. NECA has nailed depicting not only the costumes but each character's personality perfectly.

I think a lot of people in this thread agree with you. Can't beat these Turtles in value for money.

But still, where to order these when you are not in the US? :lol

Even when you think about it, all four of these AMAZING looking turtles don't even come CLOSE to your regular (ONE) 1/4 offering from HT, $$$ wise. It is INSANE how some try to justify their prices with plain BS. Sure they are nice, sure they look better than NECA's offerings (with a $500 difference? LOL).

This is not me judging people buying 1/4 HT, or HT at all. But the way some "experts" justify their insane, plain rape prices is funny when NECA can produce this beautiful set, for less than $100 each, and still make money out of their fans.

Look at the 1/4 IM mark whatever. Does it look better than the NECA counterpart? You'd be blind to say that it doesn't. $500 better? jesus efin christ.

Anyway, rant's over. Can't wait for these. It's the most excited I've been for a figure in a long, long time.

I think it's true, as quality gets higher, the price does go up exponentially, instead of in a linear fashion like you would imagine. Meaning it tends to costs more for less and less gain as you go higher, it's not just what we pay but also what it costs to produce in the first place, they have to spend way more just to up the quality a notch in the factory, until there's a noticeable difference. Think about the cost to make TV shows vs Movies, or Saturday cartoons vs Pixar. Same thing with HT stuff, yes they are overcharging us in the end but it aint exactly cheap to produce what they are making. I think NECA is smart in that they design their figures in a way easy and cheap for the factories to produce, they both have their place.

The thing is, there's more to it then just the price tag; you have to live with whatever you buy so make sure you're getting what you're really after cuz buyer's remorse is a b**** and it can work both ways. Even if you save money by spend $100 for a Neca instead of $400 for an HT, if it just turns out that's really not what you wanted you would still feel like you're $100 short, the money saved doesn't necessary transform it into something you want.

That being said, I prefer these Neca Turtles to the Prime1, I like the meaner more stern faces. But what I really wanted are the SSC maquettes so personally that's what I'm going after. It's crazy how many options we have today.

---

Last edited:
Back