NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
''And they woulda got away with it too if it weren't for those pesky NECA guys''

LOL thats the first thing I noticed right off the bat with Raph.... Once I saw the Prime 1's and lack of Spots.

Aside from some of the not 100% spot on likeness of the Prime 1's--for Donnie and Leo really because I think Mikey and Ralph look great--is the fact that the Prime 1's seem to lack....maybe a grittiness? The color green for the skin looks a bit dull compared to NECA, and overall, it just seems like they threw the statues into some sort of car wash--like they almost look too clean.

I do think Mikey looks incredible though. And I love how they all look together, even if the likeness is off. But for so much money, there's definitely quite a bit that's off.

Aside from some of the not 100% spot on likeness of the Prime 1's--for Donnie and Leo really because I think Mikey and Ralph look great--is the fact that the Prime 1's seem to lack....maybe a grittiness? The color green for the skin looks a bit dull compared to NECA, and overall, it just seems like they threw the statues into some sort of car wash--like they almost look too clean.

I do think Mikey looks incredible though. And I love how they all look together, even if the likeness is off. But for so much money, there's definitely quite a bit that's off.

Yeah thats what I am getting at... It's pretty sad that Prime 1's sculpts were 3d printed and get get it dead on. But Hand sculpted and it's pretty much bang on... I mean you look at any of the NECA's and they capture all of the Turtles exactly. The Prime 1's are iffy. Now if they were 2-300 it would be passable but at almost 600 that's unacceptable its missing so many details.

Too bad I can't buy them since I live outside of the US. Can someone give me an American online shop that ships to Europe for a reasonable price?

Pixel dan Video:

Two Shredders are coming, Randy wouldn't say what scale.
I'm pretty sure one of those Shredders will be 1/4 1990 Shredder.

Best news I heard all day. :)

A 1/4th Super Shredder? We're looking at something the size of the HULK. Super Shredder was huge in the film!

Best news I heard all day. :)

A 1/4th Super Shredder? We're looking at something the size of the HULK. Super Shredder was huge in the film!

I wouldn't get ur hopes for Super Shredder.... 1990 Shredder yes.... Besides Super Shredder was in TMNT II not the original 1990 film which the Turtle figures are based off of.... Wouldn't make alot of sense to have the 1990 Turtles and no Shredder from that film....

This Shredder....

tumblr_lvwht4nef01qla11zo2_1280_by_auxiliary4-d6kl5qr.jpg

OVER this any day:

11230802424_6e50d23f05_b.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn't get ur hopes for Super Shredder.... 1990 Shredder yes.... Besides Super Shredder was in TMNT II not the original 1990 film which the Turtle figures are based off of.... Wouldn't make alot of sense to have the 1990 Turtles and no Shredder from that film....

This Shredder....

tumblr_lvwht4nef01qla11zo2_1280_by_auxiliary4-d6kl5qr.jpg

OVER this any day:

11230802424_6e50d23f05_b.jpg

True......but NECA's known to drop a few oddities here and there. I mean, what other Shredder could it be?

1990..... the other Shredder my guess maybe from the comics.... Or Toon based Shredder my guess.

I still just can't believe that there are currently two options for 1990 Turltes. That said, NECA knocked these out and I cannot wait to finally have these guys in my collection. :panic:

Maybe not 100% accurate, but I could see them doing this outfit, it could mainly be the same figure with a different color and a few new parts, right up NECA's alley.

tmnt23.jpg

Maybe not 100% accurate, but I could see them doing this outfit, it could mainly be the same figure with a different color and a few new parts, right up NECA's alley.

tmnt23.jpg

I loved the SOTO Shredder design and I'd be game for that look in a heartbeat!

tmnt23.jpg

True but they ahven't evven done an movie Shredder will just have to wait and see I guess. I'd rather have 1990 Shredder to be honest.

What visible joint most are covered by elbow and knee pads. NECAs Raph is more accurate. Has the spots, Raphs scar on his face,Raph's scratches on his shell.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

One is $100, the other one is $574. Both look equally as good to be honest.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how that can even be a hard choice.

Think of your posing options with the NECA version vs the same pose forever with prime1.

Trust me. I'd love to purchase NECA's and save a ton of money. I'm straying away from visible joints in my collection.

Trust me. I'd love to purchase NECA's and save a ton of money. I'm straying away from visible joints in my collection.
But what visible joints are you referring to? The elbow and knee joints are covered.

Even though Randy said the TMNT 1990 7 INCH may happen. He confirmed on twitter that its not gonna happen for awhile my guess at least 2 years.

10171702a.jpg

10207568a2.jpg

Complex characters like the Turtles with various skin effects, blushes, and weathering... we'll see.

Yeah it might not be as bad, but we'll see. At least the sculpt is there so an nice repaint can fix what ever the production pieces miss.

But what visible joints are you referring to? The elbow and knee joints are covered.

Even though Randy said the TMNT 1990 7 INCH may happen. He confirmed on twitter that its not gonna happen for awhile my guess at least 2 years.

What are you talking about? The shoulder, elbow, ankle, hip and knee joint are all visible. Raphael's joints are inconspicuous in these photos but look at Mikey and Donny.

Back