NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol. Almost made it the whole day in this thread without a 1/6 wish. So close. [emoji6]

Which 1/6 company do you think would do the best job of making the TMNT in that scale?

Hahaha, my bad. Hot Toys would be ideal but I doubt we'd ever get all four Turtles, given their track record. Any upcoming company like Threezero, Art Figures, ACI, etc. if they made quality Ninja Turtles, I'd buy them.

These came out of nowhere for me and a nice surprise. I of coarse pre ordered the Donnie one from Big Bad and look forward to the rest.

It would be interesting to see how they do Casey Jones, April and Splinter if they get to them. Would they do fur for Splinter and not sculpted ?

If only there was ever a confirmation ahead of time stating they will in fact be making a shredder. I'd hate for this to be like the playmates classic line where you get committed to it and then they up and cancel just before they release the 2 figures I wanted the most.

If only there was ever a confirmation ahead of time stating they will in fact be making a shredder. I'd hate for this to be like the playmates classic line where you get committed to it and then they up and cancel just before they release the 2 figures I wanted the most.

NECA is smart un like playmates they know how popular movie Shredder is... I mean how could you say no to be making this guy?

tumblr_lvwht4nef01qla11zo2_1280_by_auxiliary4-d6kl5qr.jpg

Not to mention they could easily get away with not needing likeness rights with a somewhat generic set of eyes. What would be very impressive is if they tackled his cape and pulled it off.

Not to mention they could easily get away with not needing likeness rights with a somewhat generic set of eyes. What would be very impressive is if they tackled his cape and pulled it off.

I wouldn't be surpised if they do have likeness rights to James Tomio Saito... That would be pretty awesome

These will be too damn expensive to collect at 1/4 scale. I can't just buy one! :panic:

I'm gonna lose my **** if they somehow end up releasing these at 7 inch AFTER I've already bought the 1/4's.

These will be too damn expensive to collect at 1/4 scale. I can't just buy one! :panic:

I'm gonna lose my **** if they somehow end up releasing these at 7 inch AFTER I've already bought the 1/4's.

Thats what likely will happen as with the DC 1/4's to 7 inchers.

I remember in the Pixeldan video that the NECA guy (forgot name) said they are scaling 1/4 figures down automatically in anticipation of getting the 7" license. And the way he was talking it sounded like they are going to do a lot with the turtles, so I would assume the 7 inch figures are going to happen. Just like @Psycho said, they've been doing this with the DC figures.

NECA seems to be exploring more options to get around the rights issues that prevent them from releasing things like DC and Marvel figures in 7" scales, one idea was a subscription type service where purchase of figures wouldn't be a traditional commercial outlet and might allow them to sell that way where the likes of DC, Mattel and Playmates have rights to stores like TRU.

I remember in the Pixeldan video that the NECA guy (forgot name) said they are scaling 1/4 figures down automatically in anticipation of getting the 7" license. And the way he was talking it sounded like they are going to do a lot with the turtles, so I would assume the 7 inch figures are going to happen. Just like @Psycho said, they've been doing this with the DC figures.

I've heard that it's easier to work around it when they bundle it with those useless DVDs because they can say the 30 dollars is for the movie and not the figure. But I don't know how true that is.

I'm not sure they go the DVD route. They missed the 30th anniversary which would have been a great chance for something. But I doubt they do the DVD option. They will come up with something and I will buy it and I will spend stupid amounts of cash on these.

I've heard that it's easier to work around it when they bundle it with those useless DVDs because they can say the 30 dollars is for the movie and not the figure. But I don't know how true that is.

It's mainly about the promotion, the figure is sold as part of a promo, not a standard release, there is some discounting but I believe that's more to help clear inventory. The DVDs available this past year with the DC figures were titles probably collecting dust somewhere so buy a full price figure, get a DVD half off.

For me, with any line I collect, I would rather have 1/4 scale size than 7" figures. The Classics line I believe were 6" so these wouldn't be a whole lot different. Sure materials and sculpts would probably look better, but still.

Back