NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA 1/4 Predator

I'm happy enough with the electronics, improvements in the bio mask and the possibly better looking mask weathering. Neca just needs to start providing some diorama bases at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, well, yeah, but is it possible considering the figure's price, and NECA's paint app track record? If not, what realistic revisions would you want? I think they went out and said the netting will be the same, so I'm just hoping they use the same painting technique they used for the 1/4 City Hunter, at the very least. Its paint looks more diffused and alive.

Make no mistake NECA 1/4 Preds are great figures actually that great that I would be happy to chip in a few extra bucks for even better paint work and netting. I'm more than happy with the way it is if they resolve seam and visor gap. But with NECA effort making such a great Preds I cannot help and stop toying with the idea of NECA going the extra mile. But at the end of the day I know villains like sales, economy etc. will prevail...

Make no mistake NECA 1/4 Preds are great figures actually that great that I would be happy to chip in a few extra bucks for even better paint work and netting. I'm more than happy with the way it is if they resolve seam and visor gap. But with NECA effort making such a great Preds I cannot help and stop toying with the idea of NECA going the extra mile. But at the end of the day I know villains like sales, economy etc. will prevail...

For sure. I just stopped hoping for that when the price was set at $99. That said, I'm more than happy with my closed mouth 1/4 Jungle Hunter, and can't wait on my pre-order of this masked LED version to ship at the end of this year. I'd be delighted to have it as is, but NECA's already confirmed that the visor gap and seam issues are gone for the new edition.

9ba2ab2054957874c1a66758978a9ab5.jpg

It's perfect. Even without custom paint jobs and what not, it's perfect.

I don't know what to do when the masked LED arrives - keep both? Or sell the body of the closed mouthed one and keep its head for swapping with the new body? Decisions decisions...

PS. Jordan's look of fear mixed with disgust is suiting, seeing as he's looking up at one. ugly. mother. füccer.

i must remind it's almost perfect, and the imperfection is lower half being in a larger scale than another half. like 1/45 to 1/5. and that makes all of them look wrong in proportions - no bulky upper side. Winston predators had a very low waist level compared to their whole body, and these don't have it.
on these two pictures two legs fit perfectly - they are in the same pose, on the same distance from a viewer, and they have absolutely the same size and shape. red lines are where the scale goes wrong. the higher you get, the bigger the difference is, which means it's not just shorter body or smaller head but another scale.

Attachments

• movie-neca-compared.jpg
    movie-neca-compared.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 202
  • movie-neca-compared-1.jpg
    movie-neca-compared-1.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 195

i must remind it's almost perfect, and the imperfection is lower half being in a larger scale than another half. like 1/45 to 1/5. and that makes all of them look wrong in proportions - no bulky upper side. Winston predators had a very low waist level compared to their whole body, and these don't have it.
on these two pictures two legs fit perfectly - they are in the same pose, on the same distance from a viewer, and they have absolutely the same size and shape. red lines are where the scale goes wrong. the higher you get, the bigger the difference is, which means it's not just shorter body or smaller head but another scale.

Good eye as always, my friend. There's another picture earlier in this thread/jungle, that compares the set pic to the left with the figure posed in exactly the same stance. There, the differences are minimal at best. Although maybe not perfectly perfect, this is still the best figure representation of it out there, imo.

Ironically, though, what holds it back from flawlessness, is that NECA managed to fulfill what the SW costume crew tried and decided against: making the legs seem longer by moving up the belt and crotch pieces.

I don't know what to do when the masked LED arrives - keep both? Or sell the body of the closed mouthed one and keep its head for swapping with the new body? Decisions decisions...

PS. Jordan's look of fear mixed with disgust is suiting, seeing as he's looking up at one. ugly. mother. füccer.

Keep both. That's what I'm doing. It's the ultimate P1 display. When NECA gets around to making Scar at this scale then I may do what you are pondering.. One body with interchangeable heads. I hope the electronics allow for the heads to be swapped.

Keep both. That's what I'm doing. It's the ultimate P1 display. When NECA gets around to making Scar at this scale then I may do what you are pondering.. One body with interchangeable heads. I hope the electronics allow for the heads to be swapped.

Yeah, I think I just might keep both of them (P1 closed mouth & LED masked). With the 1/4 masked City Hunter, it will probably look monstrously bad-ass.

Definitely keeping my closed mouth P1 to go alongside this. Just need to find room for another Predator figure, probably going to have to move Iron Man somewhere else ...

Dan

to fulfill what the SW costume crew tried and decided against: making the legs seem longer by moving up the belt and crotch pieces.
funny story! is it a fact?
it's always good when a bad idea fails.

alien-concept-o-bannon_alien.jpg

Do you guys have any idea how much an open mouth Neca Predator goes for nowadays? Been thinking of selling mine since I have my eye on a certain 1/4 figure for PO.

Back