NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA 1/4 Predator

You should try. You might be surprised by the level of interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll make a couple this upcoming weeks ...to see how they do . I'll try to do 2 this weekend . [emoji4]

Nice pics man. Makes me glad I have the closed mouth P1, can't wait to open him up soon as I've moved. What did you get him for?

I'm also getting the new LED masked P1, as I just started collecting these and missed out on the first release.

Thank you.

I missed out on them as well so looking forward to 2.0 and Alien 2.0.

His shelf presence is incredible.

Last edited:

Found this photo from different angle of our old newbie Pred. Looking sweet...

Nice. Any more angles/closeups?
22455bbacec6f543b47b9c79fd8a089f.jpg

That's one of the initially released Toyark pics, no? Anyway, I appreciate the effort, thanks dude. Can't wait to see fresh batches of pics as its release edges closer. Already preordered though.

Not Predator related but had an amazing night at the Conan the Barbarian screening tonight (Arnold's birthday today btw).

Randy from NECA was present handing out very cool prizes and he even hanged out to watch the movie!

image.jpg
View attachment 200849
image.jpg
image.jpg

Randy was wearing his Terminator shirt that says in big letters on the back **** You ******* :lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:

Looks like an awesome time. Randy is a great guy, met him at SDCC 2014 and spent a lot of time with the NECA crew. All of 'em are good folks who really have a passion for what they do. But by far Randy has to be one of the most down to Earth and fun guys in the business to shoot the **** with.

Wouldn't mind having that Conan figure. I've got a different one but never did find that particular one with the warpaint. Could probably get it on ebay I suppose, the last time I was looking for it I had never used ebay. Alas I fear what it would cost now just wouldn't be worth it.

Here TRU gives us an unintentional comparison shot of the old bio mask vs. the new bio mask. The full body picture to the left is the old figure with photoshopped light gimmick. The picture to the right appears to be the actual 2.0 sculpt with better weathering IMO and the smaller visor gap. It also appears to be rounder in the cheek and jaw areas but that may just be the angle.

736cc249ea191e6c7daed849db07a502.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^ About weathering I really do hope production examples do get revised paint job. We will see...

What would you like them to revise, paint wise?

Well greygoose pretty much nailed it. As you have noticed while browsing the forum there are many artists, customizers that repainted that amazing NECA sculpt. More movie accurate paint apps and netting and 100$ looking figure looks like several hundered $$$ statue...

Well greygoose pretty much nailed it. As you have noticed while browsing the forum there are many artists, customizers that repainted that amazing NECA sculpt. More movie accurate paint apps and netting and 100$ looking figure looks like several hundered $$$ statue...

Oh, well, yeah, but is it possible considering the figure's price, and NECA's paint app track record? If not, what realistic revisions would you want? I think they went out and said the netting will be the same, so I'm just hoping they use the same painting technique they used for the 1/4 City Hunter, at the very least. Its paint looks more diffused and alive.

Back