NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@wolverenz, I read no informations about a light-up feature. Also in this thread no informations about this.

The only thing is that neca revisted the shoulder canon. They added the laser on is, because the Elder have no helmet with it.

The problem with custom the netting is, that you must take apart the figure and some parts are fragile or glued.

And a repaint is not easy. The colors can change at the time.

I'm trying to decide between the City Hunter mask version or the unmasked version. Which one you guys think looks better?

IMO NECA Preds look great, both masked and unmasked. To me, their closed-mandible P1 is the best unmasked sculpt mass-produced so far. However, all I opted to go for the masked P1 and P2 NECAs, because I find their biomask designs iconic ( though inaccurate as some would say)in large scale, and to me they help differentiate the ugly mf's from each other. It's also funny to note that people who are not much knowledgeable on Predators think that the unmasked City Hunter and the Guardian are the same, thinking that Guardian was the masked version, not an entirely different pred :)

I'm sure you'd be happy with either choice. These NECAs are amazing for its size and value, my parents and siblings are amazed when they found out that they are a third of the price of my HT Classic Pred :)

I'm trying to decide between the City Hunter mask version or the unmasked version. Which one you guys think looks better?

I would say unmasked looks better because of all the detail. But Masked is more iconic and could be posed a lot more. You get more iconic poses with masked.

The thing about unmasked is really the work on the face. But some people hate that the mandibles are inaccurate.

I personally got the masked predator, but I regretted it. I wish I went with the unmasked predator. the more detail in the face looks better for me.

@wolverenz, I read no informations about a light-up feature. Also in this thread no informations about this.

The only thing is that neca revisted the shoulder canon. They added the laser on is, because the Elder have no helmet with it.

The problem with custom the netting is, that you must take apart the figure and some parts are fragile or glued.

And a repaint is not easy. The colors can change at the time.

that's what I was referring to, the light up laser on his shoulder cannon,
I do know he doesn't have a masked in the movie. :)

Here's the Elder I customized a while back using the NECA 1/4 original Predator.

It took ALOT of research and ALOT of work to get this to look like it does. Its not completely accurate, but its pretty close.

I hope NECA gets the detailing right on this one for you guys. It would really be a shame and dissapointment if they put out an inaccurate, mediocre Elder.

Elder3-2.jpg

:clap Looks awesome!

NECA are getting there:

53195851974145475491161.jpg

Elder and Big Red!

53195851974145475491161.jpg

Elder and Big Red!

Why Neca do not use their P2 body and leg? For the real elder if you guys pay attention to his upper body, he has long torso. And the leg of 1/4 P1 looks bending leg to me ... the legs' shape is like this :

( )

and refer to above picture, seems the dred too short...??? i hope thy did the dred like 7 inch version.
May Neca learn a lot of this elder by review on many pictures of real elder in the movie :pray: :pray:

Why Neca do not use their P2 body and leg? For the real elder if you guys pay attention to his upper body, he has long torso. And the leg of 1/4 P1 looks bending leg to me ... the legs' shape is like this :

( )

and refer to above picture, seems the dred too short...??? i hope thy did the dred like 7 inch version.
May Neca learn a lot of this elder by review on many pictures of real elder in the movie :pray: :pray:

From memory, Elder has Jungle Hunters body with City Hunters Wrist Blades and Left Gauntlet.

And obviously the laser pointer on the shoulder cannon along with the small add on bits like the machete and flint lock pistol etc...

From memory, Elder has Jungle Hunters body with City Hunters Wrist Blades and Left Gauntlet.

And obviously the laser pointer on the shoulder cannon along with the small add on bits like the machete and flint lock pistol etc...

Have not booth gauntlets on the Elder City Hunter style ?

And the Elder have no wristblades, but the armor part for this is City Hunter style, too.

I really hope the twitter pictures dont show the final sculpt.

They have to many errors.

And the Elder have no wristblades, but the armor part for this is City Hunter style, too.

Agree !
Hope they make a cobra belt for this beast !

Yeah! That's what I meant... "City Hunters Wrist Blades (Gauntlet) and Left Gauntlet"

The pic is just a prototype to test the packaging, I think...

i just want the elder to be more taller ! :pray:

Mine using P2 body and new leg (7in version) and the big red using original P1 body & old leg (cut joints).

Comparison height :
DSC06911_zps92420c91.jpg

May Neca pay attention to this ..

Have the 1/4 original closed mouth Pred for sale if anybody is interested? Shoot me a pm if you are. Comes with stand.

Back