NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't seen any indication that Toys R Us is getting this. I've checked the website and can't locate the item anywhere.

Can anyone shed more light on this?

I never saw the first set of 1/4 scale preds at retail, but TRU did have them for sale online last year. I ordered an open mouth and instead they sent me two closed mouth versions. I don't think they are selling them this year for some reason, I've been checking everyday.

------------------------------------------------------------

My Predator 2 City Hunter arrived this morning right before I had to leave for work. I've been playing around with him for the last hour. Overall he is a great figure and highly recommended.

PROS:
Much improved paint job, although they did miss some spots on the forearms
Better articulation in the knees, hips and ankles
Knee pads are separate parts with a stretchy material holding them on, can be moved around
As with the P1 before it, the P2 sculpt is top notch
Disc fits very securely into the holder on his thigh, no worries about it falling out

CONS:
Skin appears polished and is distractingly glossy, more so than any other toy I own
Hands are difficult to swap, have stress marks from the switch
Only way I can display the spear closed is by keeping it exactly parallel to the earth's gravity field, small spear tips stay nicely in place while open, but slide around loosely when closed
Netting could be better, arrived with one tear

I ordered from ToyWiz and my box arrived crushed, the inner packaging was busted up on both sides but the figure itself was undamaged. It arrived in a large box with old school styrofoam packing peanuts which I'm not a fan of as they get everywhere and due to static electricity they stick to everything. I'm still finding bits and pieces on the floor, on my arm, etc.

Last edited:
I never saw the first set of 1/4 scale preds at retail, but TRU did have them for sale online last year. I ordered an open mouth and instead they sent me two closed mouth versions. I don't think they are selling them this year for some reason, I've been checking everyday.

------------------------------------------------------------

My Predator 2 City Hunter arrived this morning right before I had to leave for work. I've been playing around with him for the last hour. Overall he is a great figure and highly recommended.

PROS:
Much improved paint job (although they did miss some spots on the forearms
Better articulation in the knees, feet and ankles
Knee pads are separate parts with a stretchy material holding them on, can be moved around
As with the P1 before it, the P2 sculpt is top notch
Disc fits very securely into the holder on his thigh, no worries about it falling out

CONS:
Skin appears polished and is distractingly glossy, more so than any other toy I own
Hands are difficult to swap, have stress marks from the switch
Only way I can display the spear closed is by keeping it exactly parallel to the earth's gravity field, small spear tips stay nicely in place while open, but slide around loosely when closed
Netting could be better, arrived with one tear

I ordered from ToyWiz and my box arrived crushed, the inner packaging was busted up on both sides but the figure itself was undamaged. It arrived in a large box with old school styrofoam packing peanuts, which I'm not a fan of as they get everywhere, and due to static electricity they stick to everything. I'm still finding bits and peaces on the floor, on my arm, etc.

great review
thanks a lot bro :yess:

I ordered from ToyWiz and my box arrived crushed, the inner packaging was busted up on both sides but the figure itself was undamaged. It arrived in a large box with old school styrofoam packing peanuts which I'm not a fan of as they get everywhere and due to static electricity they stick to everything. I'm still finding bits and pieces on the floor, on my arm, etc.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Box was crushed and the cellophane had come undone allowing packing peanuts to invade the Predator's nice looking box. A ton of peanuts were all over the figure sticking to it like glue. Got'em all off but just stupid on Toywiz's part to package this thing like that. I don't collect unopened, mint collectibles but if I did I'd be sending off a barrage of unhappy emails to Toywiz's customer service department.

On to the figure--PURE ****ING WIN RIGHT HERE! Just a superb figure all around and I am so glad I picked this up as I can see the prices on this piece skyrocketing as it blows away the sculpt, paint and everything else over Neca's first 1/4 scale classic Predator. Love it. Thanks Neca.

Just picked up the 1:4 Warrior Pred from my LCS... Was torn between the two, but I have all sorts of representations of City Hunter so I decided to go for big blue instead. Can't wait to get him home after work and set him up! He looks phenomenal in the box:hi5:

Same here. Box was crushed and the cellophane had come undone allowing packing peanuts to invade the Predator's nice looking box. A ton of peanuts were all over the figure sticking to it like glue. Got'em all off but just stupid on Toywiz's part to package this thing like that. I don't collect unopened, mint collectibles but if I did I'd be sending off a barrage of unhappy emails to Toywiz's customer service department.

On to the figure--PURE ****ING WIN RIGHT HERE! Just a superb figure all around and I am so glad I picked this up as I can see the prices on this piece skyrocketing as it blows away the sculpt, paint and everything else over Neca's first 1/4 scale classic Predator. Love it. Thanks Neca.

Same issue here, mine just arrived today from Toywiz and of course it had the packing peanuts inside the Preds box.
On their site they claim "Professionally Packaged" yeah right.
It doesn't matter anyway, what counts is what's inside the box.
The sculpt looks real nice, the paint doesn't matter for me as I'll be giving him a total makeover anyway. Here's some quick pics I took with my phone.
1019021324.jpg

1019021335a.jpg

Last edited:
:google :computer GOOD LUCK!!!!

+1 good luck! :)

got no space for such a thing but must say as a complete predhead i think it looks damn good. stoked to get the smaller scale masked city hunter in the next neca wave.

not sure why but alwys liked city hunter the most out of all preds.

Uhg, I guess I'll be doing the same. For some reason I doubt my TRU will order these though. They didn't have any Prometheus figures and said that they weren't sure if they were going to get any despite the fact that many people have been asking about them.

Back