NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said, i'll wait for Toys R Us.

Uhg, I guess I'll be doing the same. For some reason I doubt my TRU will order these though. They didn't have any Prometheus figures and said that they weren't sure if they were going to get any despite the fact that many people have been asking about them.

so ToysRUs might not even bring any? I was hoping they got them so I didn't have to buy it online I wanted to be able to pick it up myself and buy it at the store. If they don't come to Toys R Us I won't be able to get it at all :monkey2

Got two guys already.Have to say NECA did a good job.
the painting and sculpt are worthy of its scale and new body looks more fit than P1.
Hope NECA make P2-18in-figure into a whole series.

so ToysRUs might not even bring any? I was hoping they got them so I didn't have to buy it online I wanted to be able to pick it up myself and buy it at the store. If they don't come to Toys R Us I won't be able to get it at all :monkey2

I would look into other online stores, my Toy r us will not get them for sure

First time poster, here.

Received my two new Predators this week, after playing miss the mailman 2 times with UPS,
had to pick them up at the depot,
since signature was required.

After reading through many of the reviews and posts, I have one or two things to say.

First, my boxes came in perfect condition, double packed in a single cardboard box, with no padding.
Next, these figures are a bargain for the size/likeness/quality (you may have some stretched plastic or broken netting, so what.
Last, use a hair dryer to soften any parts which are sticking or to soften them up to repose.

Here are some pictures (note the Predator 2 Spear is partially collapsed)

Predsa1.jpg

Predsa2.jpg

Now bring on the "Boar"!

Last edited:
Yeah, thanks Tankman and all the NECA staff for a jawdropping representation of this figure.

Now imagine if you guys made these in 1/6 scale. I'm sure the profits would be bigger for NECA.

Yes. :exactly::lecture:goodpost:

NECA really needs to get into the 1:6 game and start giving HT some competition.

And I dont just mean releasing their fully sculpted figures in 1:6. Im talking full on soft goods and everything.

Im surprised they are still working in the medium they are considering the big boom of 1:6 right now.

Why try to enter into new territory (so to speak) when NECA already has a huge niche they've cut out in the industry and they're the reigning kings in it?

I wouldn't compare Hot Toys jumping to 1/4 scale remotely the same as NECA jumping to 1/6 scale. Different types of design, sculpting, manufacturing, etc. HT's jump makes sense as they essentially scaled up their 1/6th figs to 1/4 scale; NECA would have to change the way they do things completely and begin using 1/6th scale bodies, fabric design and fabrication, etc. Whole different type of market than what NECA has done...

That said, NECA has made some 1/6th scale figure that were great IMHO - I love the 12" Marcus Fenix and 12" Kratos - two of my favorite 1/6th scale figures - and for less than $40 each when they originally came out!

I wouldn't compare Hot Toys jumping to 1/4 scale remotely the same as NECA jumping to 1/6 scale. Different types of design, sculpting, manufacturing, etc. HT's jump makes sense as they essentially scaled up their 1/6th figs to 1/4 scale; NECA would have to change the way they do things completely and begin using 1/6th scale bodies, fabric design and fabrication, etc. Whole different type of market than what NECA has done...

That said, NECA has made some 1/6th scale figure that were great IMHO - I love the 12" Marcus Fenix and 12" Kratos - two of my favorite 1/6th scale figures - and for less than $40 each when they originally came out!

That's why I've always said NECA should start delving into 1/6 with aliens and preds. Little to no mixed media and the bodies are all specific to each creature anyway (with small commonalities).

That's why I've always said NECA should start delving into 1/6 with aliens and preds. Little to no mixed media and the bodies are all specific to each creature anyway (with small commonalities).

Better paint and better netting is all they'd need. They could be priced at $130 (same amount HT Predators used to go for) and high-end collectors would gladly pay it. Since there wouldn't be too many in-store impulse buys, they could be sold exclusively online and have a limited run of each character, say 2000 to 3000 tops. The line could be called "NECA Deluxe" or something. 1/6 figures, mixed media only in the netting and trophy neckaces (preferably individually sculpted skulls though, rather than the sculpted string between clusters of them), and the same bodies they're using now (since they already boast great poseability without too much noticeability).

Better paint and better netting is all they'd need. They could be priced at $130 (same amount HT Predators used to go for) and high-end collectors would gladly pay it. Since there wouldn't be too many in-store impulse buys, they could be sold exclusively online and have a limited run of each character, say 2000 to 3000 tops. The line could be called "NECA Deluxe" or something. 1/6 figures, mixed media only in the netting and trophy neckaces (preferably individually sculpted skulls though, rather than the sculpted string between clusters of them), and the same bodies they're using now (since they already boast great poseability without too much noticeability).

Then replace Hot toys:lol

Thats why I think they should. :lecture A complete over haul.

If anything, the only way to attract more customers would be to LOWER the price point - there's no reason a 1/6th scale figure in this same fashion/style should be more expensive than its 1/4th scale counterpart - IF they were going to do this and if I understand you right (by essentially make 1/6th scale (14"+) figures of the current 8" Predator and Aliens figure lines), NECA would need to price the 1/6th plastic figs around $85 or less to keep competitive with other companies and products - that's simply my opinion, but if I can get a 1/4 scale Pred 2 for $95, there's no reason I'd ever pay $130 for a 1/6 scale Pred 2 that looks identical except for a better net and individual trophy skulls.

The market just won't tolerate that sort of product at that type of price. Heck, I remember when people thought $50 for a 1/4 scale NECA figure was too much...and now you can't find the 1/4 Robocop for less than $150 on the secondary market (wish I'd bought them up when I saw them for $25 each at Spencers on sale!)

A lot of it depends on popularity of figures though and personally I think NECA has found their cog in the toy industry machine and is keeping it well oiled and maintained - if anything, NECA should release more 1/4 scale Preds and Aliens more often - the could set a base price of $90 or so and then release a new one every quarter - they could easily do the entire Lost Tribe, a number of new Aliens, and more and fans would eat them up...

Back