NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'll do that, they passed the finger test, pressing my index finger against their chests to see how they want to sway and right now they're resting comfortably against the wall slightly, the pennies help.

I also thought about tying some fishing line around a couple of their dreads in the back and tying that to a screw in the wall.

I just went to Micheals and bought this gummy rubber substance to hold things together and it works perfect the longer stays still the sturdier its stays. it only costs like 2 bucks

Since you have all 3 and really like them all... Which do you like the best out of the open and closed mouths? I got the Bio one and I am looking to get either the closed or open mouth but I cannot decide which.

Thanks!
Jay

As much as I LOVE the open mouth version the closed mouth captures the intelligent/thinking side of the character far more than the open mouth version does.

We've seen the Pred in an aggressive pose many times before but to see him when he's more relaxed really brings him to life and makes that piece brilliant, you can see that he's not only a hostile being but a thinking one in that version.

I also appreciate that one more because NECA didn't even have to give us that one, or even the bio helmet version, they could have just made the open mouth version and that's it but they went the extra mile and gave us a Pred that differentiates itself.

As for Spencer Gifts no longer carrying toys, they do...just for, ah hem, adults.

I'm always shocked that they can have most of the ___ they sell just sitting out in the open where kids can see it, hell they have a parrot that swears at you when you walk by lol.

Last edited:
I just went to Micheals and bought this gummy rubber substance to hold things together and it works perfect the longer stays still the sturdier its stays. it only costs like 2 bucks

Where on the figure did you use it, on the joints?

What's the product called exactly?

Thanks.

Where on the figure did you use it, on the joints?

What's the product called exactly?

Thanks.

i just put on the bottom of his feet it feels just like gum. Its called HandiTak just apply and press firmly on ur shelf and pressto no falling over. Mines been standing perfectly for over a week

I shall post photos and a review tomorrow, way too tired for it now. I tried to fix the mask and it is super simple, or so it seems now. I will have a tutorial on how to do it as well. The bio is two parts though.

yeah spencers pretty much fazed that stuff out as far as I know. Most dont even really carry any toys anymore.

yeah for some reason they just don't carry that much stuff, but I can't blame them, just a couple of months I saw a 12 inch freddy and the 12 inch Jason on clearance, no one bought them even then,
they seem to still carry some of those living dead dolls, I sometimes buy some of those, but even those are stopped being sold, I guess is all about the adult toys now, (female adult toys most of the time lol)

just got an open mouth from ebay....amazing...just amazing.. hes huge and actually has quite a bit of weight to him

yeah he looks pretty heavy, one of those falling on your head could kill you lol

actually, one time I was standing over my shelves, and, a 12 inch hulk fell on my head, I didn't bleed or anything but, yeah, that hurt a lot, Hulk wanted to kill me...

Awesome to see some of these are already skyrocketing in value. Great investment, folks. Get all three while you can. :rock

It's not like they don't look incredible, too. :chew

until NECA makes more anyway. this isn't a HT pred.

Face it, people will be paying crazy money for this years down the line. I paid extra just to have it shipped over from the US because I wanted it so badly.:D

As much as I LOVE the open mouth version the closed mouth captures the intelligent/thinking side of the character far more than the open mouth version does.

We've seen the Pred in an aggressive pose many times before but to see him when he's more relaxed really brings him to life and makes that piece brilliant, you can see that he's not only a hostile being but a thinking one in that version.

All very true.:winner

Is it me or the photo's thats making me think that the predator is more orange/tan in colour then what was shown in the prototype ?

P1070728.jpg

vs
predator1neca.jpg

:goodpost:

I agree totally, and since the figure will remain static, the closed mouth version will be very believable / realistic in most poses. The open mouth is awesome, no doubt there, but it's kind of hard to capture that dynamic pose from the film in a static figure, especially with the articulation limitations on this guy. Having said that, they're ALL awesome whichever version you choose!!! :yess: I just wonder how long till these reach the shores of Australia... :impatient: hehe

@uzumaki_1: The prototype in that poster ad was never really related to this 1/4 Predator. The figure they used there was the same two-up they used when they were advertising their 7" line at Toy Fair 2010.

I also appreciate that one more because NECA didn't even have to give us that one, or even the bio helmet version, they could have just made the open mouth version and that's it but they went the extra mile and gave us a Pred that differentiates itself.

As for Spencer Gifts no longer carrying toys, they do...just for, ah hem, adults.

I'm always shocked that they can have most of the ___ they sell just sitting out in the open where kids can see it, hell they have a parrot that swears at you when you walk by lol.
Congrats GB.
Good to hear you got all three. They look awesome on your wall, by the way. Very nice set-up. :clap

Speaking of Spencer Gifts...last time I was in one was years ago when I was very young. It's funny how the theme of their toys change the further into the store you go. By the time you get all the way to the back, you feel like an expert in human anatomy. :D

Back