NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'll do that, they passed the finger test, pressing my index finger against their chests to see how they want to sway and right now they're resting comfortably against the wall slightly, the pennies help.

I also thought about tying some fishing line around a couple of their dreads in the back and tying that to a screw in the wall.

yes that would work too.
it would be a shame for them to fall,and end up broken

Amazing pics! I, too, am starting to think none of the bio helmets have the perfect visor (and I doubt they will be fixed in future waves). Or maybe, VERY FEW of them do, and the unboxed pics CSC posted on here happened to show one of them.

Not too bummed about that, seeing as how everything else is just flat-out great. Loving the gauntlets, wrist blades, and glove paint apps. So much excess plastic and slop on the smaller 7" blades, but scaled-up... damn. Totally crisp.

Amazing pics! I, too, am starting to think none of the bio helmets have the perfect visor (and I doubt they will be fixed in future waves). Or maybe, VERY FEW of them do, and the unboxed pics CSC posted on here happened to show one of them.

Someone will get lucky and rub it in our faces when they do find a perfect visor.:lol

I just picked up my Closed Mouth Pred today from CSC. It's actually looks a lot better in person than in pictures. One thing the guy there told me was that the masked version will start selling for $115.00 and the rest for $79.00. Looks like supply and demand is alive and well.

I didn't find a PERFECT visor - but it was closer (top and bottom) than any else that I've seen =) -- it's just a gluing issue -- they just glued most of them quite far apart and it's correctable ... so it's not like they ruined something in the molding process -- just variance in the assembly which can be fixed...

unfortunately I locked it away in storage -- that's the one set I'm keeping mib ... the one I'm opening isn't as great...

Awesome to see some of these are already skyrocketing in value. Great investment, folks. Get all three while you can. :rock

It's not like they don't look incredible, too. :chew

What I've noticed in more recent photos of the figures and has REALLY impressed me is the paint apps on the eyes. The eyes are so clear, crisp, and defined. They almost look like they're staring at you. The yellow and black combo on the pupils came out great along with the grayish/white eyeball part plus the whole eye has a "wet", glossy look like what we commonly find in Hot Toys' human figures.
Those relatively small details add an infinite amount of depth to the figure.

What I've noticed in more recent photos of the figures and has REALLY impressed me is the paint apps on the eyes. The eyes are so clear, crisp, and defined. They almost look like they're staring at you. The yellow and black combo on the pupils came out great along with the grayish/white eyeball part plus the whole eye has a "wet", glossy look like what we commonly find in Hot Toys' human figures.

this is the best paint work, i've ever seen on a neca figure.

I agree completely, what's also amazing is how fine edges and detail hold up even upon close scrutiny, the blades for instance as someone pointed out aren't nice only from far away but fall apart and look bumpy close up, they're clean, smooth and look razor sharp, almost as if they were cut with a laser.

The inside of the plasma caster has depth to it as well and there appears to be a piece of clear plastic deep inside that keeps it from appearing only like a hollow tube.

I swear I can't stop staring at them, wonderful, wonderful job, NECA.

The wait is realli killing me....I can't stop refreshing this thread to see other's predators....I hope BBTS will send us our preorders~~real soon....

God, I hope thos Preds show up on eBay germany soon.
I want a open mouthed and masked one.
They look phenomenal.
Then I´ll have 2 preds in 18" to the price of half an HT one.
:lol

Awesome to see some of these are already skyrocketing in value. Great investment, folks. Get all three while you can. :rock

It's not like they don't look incredible, too. :chew
until NECA makes more anyway. this isn't a HT pred.

They might keep to their 15,000 piece limit, who knows?

Years down the road, things could be different. Crazy how much some of the McFarlane stuff goes for nowadays.

Ive seen Spencer Gifts carry Horror Movie related merchandise from Neca and other companies over the years. I am wondering if they will get these in stock. Id like to pick up the masked version now :(

Spencer Gifts used to be my go-to place for figures but they no longer carry them, I don't even go in there anymore.

Ive seen Spencer Gifts carry Horror Movie related merchandise from Neca and other companies over the years. I am wondering if they will get these in stock. Id like to pick up the masked version now :(

Spencer Gifts used to be my go-to place for figures but they no longer carry them, I don't even go in there anymore.

Spencer's was my last resort. Ninety-nine percent of the time I could find everything I needed elsewhere. At times they would have some pretty good sales, though.

yeah spencers pretty much fazed that stuff out as far as I know. Most dont even really carry any toys anymore.

My triplets are here! And I swear they've got my fathers eyes. :D

Kidding aside, I am in awe of these, Tankman, what you have brought us cannot be understated, you have captured the very spirit of Kevin Peter Hall in these figures!

Like was mentioned earlier this figure seems to live and has a VERY natural organic quality to it, the skin texture, netting, spots sheen all suggest life, not plastic.

Damn.

Well, enough rambling, here's my boys, I placed pennies under their feet to give them better stability, very useful trick that I often employ...
Since you have all 3 and really like them all... Which do you like the best out of the open and closed mouths? I got the Bio one and I am looking to get either the closed or open mouth but I cannot decide which.

Thanks!
Jay

Well, I just ordered the Closed Mouth Version from ThingsFromAnotherWorld for $71.99 total! Found a free shipping Coupon.

Looks like it was the last one in stock too!:yess:

Back