NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes very soon and this whole last year has been Freddy, Predator, Terminator, Iron Maiden and now Rambo. It's been the best year of fun for me for sure. It's like being back in high school and feeling like more then 20 years haven't really past. So much fun. I'm enjoying the fact the 19inch Predator is here finally.

Rambo too! Excellent news!
While on the topic of new licenses, any efforts to obtain Clint Eastwood's likeness? NECA, within the last 3 years or so, has obtained a majority of my favorite movie rights. The last movies that I would love figures from would be Eastwood's Dirty Harry and The Man with No Name. I know this is a far fetched one but I'd also love a Charles Bronson from the original Death Wish.
Next time you talk to Randy, ask him, Tankmaster. :pray:

CM isn't accurate to the film but still a great looking peice and the fact it's sculpted by Steve Wang is a +++. You know... the guy who helped paint and prep the original suit!

That's is one of the reasons I had to get the CM. It's very cool to know Steve did the sculpt and I'm a huge fan of his stuff. When it comes to design he's the best out there. I love his new Predator mask he did and I'm hoping SS will let him do some new Predator originals PF statues.

Rambo too! Excellent news!
While on the topic of new licenses, any efforts to obtain Clint Eastwood's likeness? NECA, within the last 3 years or so, has obtained a majority of my favorite movie rights. The last movies that I would love figures from would be Eastwood's Dirty Harry and The Man with No Name. I know this is a far fetched one but I'd also love a Charles Bronson from the original Death Wish.
Next time you talk to Randy, ask him, Tankmaster. :pray:

If they did a "Man with no name" id be all over that.

I really think its funny how crazy people get over an $80 figure and how the slightest imperfection will send them in a frenzy about how crappy the company making the figure is. I think for the price, its a great piece. Yeah its not perfect, who cares really. Maybe we can get a delorean, Rig it up with a flux capacitor, kidnap the predator while they are in the middle of shooting a scene, come back...shrink him down to size and make a mold of him. Not only that but match up the paint exactly as it appears on the costume, then charge only $20 for something that would take $100,000,000.00 to make. Maybe just maybe everyone would be happy with the figure.

I think no matter how hard a company tries there will always be some sort of an inaccuracy to the film version of the creature. I think its nearly impossible to make something 100% accurate. Even if the paint was better people would probably still be complaining it was not the right shade, color...something is wrong with the texture. Bottom line is....its an $80 figure and a damn good one at that!

:goodpost:

I can't wait for mine. I will have the mask version for sure and maybe I will get the close mouth version. Both are looking great. Neca this time really done a good job and I hope the quality stays in the future. Also I am happy because they will improve the future predators like the P2 one. They will have ball joints at the hip area which is a good thing.

tankman, your sculpt is obviously the best sculpt to date and I can't wait to get my Preds. Is there not a part of you that wishes your sculpt was on a higher end figure though? This is great at $80 but people would pay $200 plus for this sculpt on a higher end figure. :)

Yeah sometimes I think about it but for me it's still way cool to be able to play with the figure. It would be so very cool to see this guy with HT cool bells and whistles being put into it but all in all I'm very happy with it and it's a lot of fun to see something I did 13 inches get blown up to 19 inches. Back when we started doing 18inch figures at McFarlane I couldn't help but think if only we'd do the Predator. 12 years later the geek in me is smiling to see these guys are here. I think for 80 bucks it's as good as he can be. Knowing my sculpture will be turned into a cheaper plastic figure is OK with me really. I still enjoy trying to make the sculpt be very realistic and accurate and just hope for the best when the figure comes out. I think true Predator fans should go for this guy even if their scared it might break or whatever. I can't wait to see some of the guys custom stuff show up. That's is way fun for me.

I want to buy this P1 but I still have to see in hand pics and hopefully by then im not too late but I have so many things on PO and other items I still have to PO plus its summer so I have to make it rain at the clubs:slap:thud:

Neca rules! tankman rules! I cant wait for mine.. tankman you have inspired me to try to start sculpting, but the only thing i can sculpt is a glob of clay. :/

Awesome work tankman, hopefully we get a p2 elder to go with these aswell

I'm so hoping this will happen. I'd love to see P2 and the Wolf get the 19inch treatment. It would be fun to go in and redo the Wolf and make it have better articulation.

I'm so hoping this will happen. I'd love to see P2 and the Wolf get the 19inch treatment. It would be fun to go in and redo the Wolf and make it have better articulation.

Ooooh, wolf would be great too, hopefully it goes down

Under redo you think about not just simply redo the articulation points but the complete sculpt right? If yes than I am in.

I want to buy this P1 but I still have to see in hand pics and hopefully by then im not too late but I have so many things on PO and other items I still have to PO plus its summer so I have to make it rain at the clubs:slap:thud:

:rotfl I hear ya man...D'Jais is a good time, but you gotta get at least one of these Predators...just go easy one night this summer and you will easily be able to pick up at least one, from the savings on the bar tab.

Under redo you think about not just simply redo the articulation points but the complete sculpt right? If yes than I am in.

I think the sculpt is really solid but just needs a few tweaks here and there. The articulation would need to be completely changed.

Neca rules! tankman rules! I cant wait for mine.. tankman you have inspired me to try to start sculpting, but the only thing i can sculpt is a glob of clay. :/
:goodpost::clap
Yes, They both rule, This Pred looks amazing, I really don't see the problems people talk about, is just perfect
and the size, is just Wow!!
amazing, totally looks like the Pred on the screen,

yeah, I have an itch for sculpting but I wouldn't know where to begin :slap I guess I should google a tutorial or something...

I think the sculpt is really solid but just needs a few tweaks here and there. The articulation would need to be completely changed.

Thank you the answer Tankman. I do not like the little 7 inch Wolf figure. It looks ugly, but maybe it is because of the articulation and the paint. The head with the mask is wrong... but if you guys will upgrade him than I will defenetelly want to buy him in the future. But first bring on the P2 Hunter 1/4. If Neca will agree on Wolf than you will be the one who will upgrade him?

Back