NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YES, their both Great figures, but they are not entirely what they promised to be. I did not contradict myself. I proof read everything before it is sent.

Looking at these pics and video, you can see that the finer details on are rather crude and uneven.
Stuff like that puts me off but as some have this as well as the Hot Toys version, perhaps I should't rule out getting one after all.

Though I honestly have no idea of where it will go.

I will ofcourse still by it because its awsome. And I love Any Time Predator, he is the ____. What he does is not nice, but he wasn't meant to be. And I love that.

Looking at these pics and video, you can see that the finer details on are rather crude and uneven.
Stuff like that puts me off but as some have this as well as the Hot Toys version, perhaps I should't rule out getting one after all.

Though I honestly have no idea of where it will go.

For the price, buying just one is worth a punt right.:D

Hahaha, Sure mate. I'll post some pics when hes done.
:hi5:

Cinemaquette 2000$ paint job (Pic taken by kinky queen)
p4290039.jpg

Last edited:
Tankman, accuracy is such and ambiguous word and you seem to be so self assured that what you're claiming to have made is the best of the best but it's not. It doesn't convey any of the onscreen presence of the predator from the movie. Thos standard neca bowed legs and all. nothings changed. Your sculpt looks lifeless and kind of dead when you look at it objectively and thats far away from being the best as far as Im concerned and thats the whole point of your posts telling us just how great you think it is but what else are you going to say when youre trying to sell them and give yourself more work. IF YOU ARE WHO YOU SAY YOU ARE. The photos only come out after they started showing up in stores. AFTER. No the slope on the head is too much and the amour looks wrong straight away I picked up on the missing details on the amour and the lack of texturing that was in the movie. the sculpt seems to be too heavily reliant on photos of pre production versions that were never used for filming and that makes what you are saying laughable. Stan Winston wouldn't say that it's THE BEST sculpt out there because it so obviously isnt. It a fair representation but that about the same as all the rest can claim with McFarlane being the exception. The netting the mask and the horrible cut joints and lack of articulation just show that neca didnt really care enough to do things right and now its up to fans with the skills to try make it look as good as it can. And you guys are trying to rip people off by putting out 3 different sculpts to get more deniro from us but I think its going to fail because the second and third wave will come out and with varying degrees of quality and they will be warming shelves and available for half the price or less just like all the 19"ers we have seen from neca before. And the whole good for the money argument shows us just how much neca doesnt care because they could have charged 150 and made the paint sculpt and articulation so much better but you know that neca has a bad name with quality control and that nobody but the low end market cares and neca is just a stepping stone to the real quality stuff. I used to love neca stuff until I got bitten once to many times to take any claims from them seriously. Sooner or later we will start hearing all the horror story's about broken parts and bad paint and people justifying it all because they only cost 80 bucks each blah blah blah. Nope this is just another example of neca grabbing cash and putting out a b-c grade product when things could have been so much better. I mean the wrist computer doesnt even open and thats such a basic thing and would have only added a few cents to the final cost of each to do but its profit before principals. And the paint just makes it all look like a plastic and cheap. Why not use some material for the groin cloth and add some spines to the face? Its so big and such a visible emission that it just makes me laugh when you say how great it is compared with all the rest. You arent getting my money after all this when everything could have been fixed from the start but its too late now even though everyone said what needed to be fixed and none of it was and it would have been so easily done at the factory but again its a case of money taking first place and keeping quality at a minimum to maximize profits. Its a sad day for Predator fans really because it could and should have been so much better. The unmasked versions should have come with a mask even though it couldn't be worn but it would have been cool to display it with it in their hands or at the feet or something. And even the masked version has a giant gap that isn't going to be as easy to fix as you suggested. not everyone has the skills to modify stuff like that most dont. That was a huge omission and there is no excuse for that AT ALL. And I only count about 20 unique people in this thread saying how much they like it on a forum of 12k so it's hardly a reason to be gloating about peoples reactions. Sideshow doesnt even sell neca so it shows a great deal of arrogance even being on this forum when you are a competitor and it says more about Sideshow being fair minded even allowing neca to be discussed here. I waited a long time to see final shots and I had a suspicion base don necas past that things would have changed much despite the old new factory card you guys are famous for playing and I cant say that Im really disappointed that things turned out the way they did because that how neca has always rolled. Im beyond disappointed because I prepared my self for this ____ from the start as soon as I heard the announcement. I was hoping that things would have changed but its still the same old neca stunts. You cant say its right when out of the box so many things are so obviously wrong. Everything people wanted changed neca didnt do for the lamest or reasons and then says we are all about the fans. That just a load of BS. Its not the 80s and neca makes stuff like it still is but charges so much more. It could have been the best but that just a dream now and whats done is done. Make me angry when everyone gave so much input that was all ignored for the sake of profit over quality.

227992_10150178291954663_748989662_6508019_6364611_n.jpg

Tankman, accuracy is such and ambiguous word and you seem to be so self assured that what you're claiming to have made is the best of the best but it's not. It doesn't convey any of the onscreen presence of the predator from the movie. Thos standard neca bowed legs and all. nothings changed. Your sculpt looks lifeless and kind of dead when you look at it objectively and thats far away from being the best as far as Im concerned and thats the whole point of your posts telling us just how great you think it is but what else are you going to say when youre trying to sell them and give yourself more work. IF YOU ARE WHO YOU SAY YOU ARE. The photos only come out after they started showing up in stores. AFTER. No the slope on the head is too much and the amour looks wrong straight away I picked up on the missing details on the amour and the lack of texturing that was in the movie. the sculpt seems to be too heavily reliant on photos of pre production versions that were never used for filming and that makes what you are saying laughable. Stan Winston wouldn't say that it's THE BEST sculpt out there because it so obviously isnt. It a fair representation but that about the same as all the rest can claim with McFarlane being the exception. The netting the mask and the horrible cut joints and lack of articulation just show that neca didnt really care enough to do things right and now its up to fans with the skills to try make it look as good as it can. And you guys are trying to rip people off by putting out 3 different sculpts to get more deniro from us but I think its going to fail because the second and third wave will come out and with varying degrees of quality and they will be warming shelves and available for half the price or less just like all the 19"ers we have seen from neca before. And the whole good for the money argument shows us just how much neca doesnt care because they could have charged 150 and made the paint sculpt and articulation so much better but you know that neca has a bad name with quality control and that nobody but the low end market cares and neca is just a stepping stone to the real quality stuff. I used to love neca stuff until I got bitten once to many times to take any claims from them seriously. Sooner or later we will start hearing all the horror story's about broken parts and bad paint and people justifying it all because they only cost 80 bucks each blah blah blah. Nope this is just another example of neca grabbing cash and putting out a b-c grade product when things could have been so much better. I mean the wrist computer doesnt even open and thats such a basic thing and would have only added a few cents to the final cost of each to do but its profit before principals. And the paint just makes it all look like a plastic and cheap. Why not use some material for the groin cloth and add some spines to the face? Its so big and such a visible emission that it just makes me laugh when you say how great it is compared with all the rest. You arent getting my money after all this when everything could have been fixed from the start but its too late now even though everyone said what needed to be fixed and none of it was and it would have been so easily done at the factory but again its a case of money taking first place and keeping quality at a minimum to maximize profits. Its a sad day for Predator fans really because it could and should have been so much better. The unmasked versions should have come with a mask even though it couldn't be worn but it would have been cool to display it with it in their hands or at the feet or something. And even the masked version has a giant gap that isn't going to be as easy to fix as you suggested. not everyone has the skills to modify stuff like that most dont. That was a huge omission and there is no excuse for that AT ALL. And I only count about 20 unique people in this thread saying how much they like it on a forum of 12k so it's hardly a reason to be gloating about peoples reactions. Sideshow doesnt even sell neca so it shows a great deal of arrogance even being on this forum when you are a competitor and it says more about Sideshow being fair minded even allowing neca to be discussed here. I waited a long time to see final shots and I had a suspicion base don necas past that things would have changed much despite the old new factory card you guys are famous for playing and I cant say that Im really disappointed that things turned out the way they did because that how neca has always rolled. Im beyond disappointed because I prepared my self for this ____ from the start as soon as I heard the announcement. I was hoping that things would have changed but its still the same old neca stunts. You cant say its right when out of the box so many things are so obviously wrong. Everything people wanted changed neca didnt do for the lamest or reasons and then says we are all about the fans. That just a load of BS. Its not the 80s and neca makes stuff like it still is but charges so much more. It could have been the best but that just a dream now and whats done is done. Make me angry when everyone gave so much input that was all ignored for the sake of profit over quality.

:nono:cuckoo::dunno

Lol are most of you who are "" Fortnox even reading what he wrote? Just putting smily faces? haha He actually has some pretty good points that I agreed with.

CM isn't accurate to the film but still a great looking peice and the fact it's sculpted by Steve Wang is a +++. You know... the guy who helped paint and prep the original suit!

LEARN TO INDENT A PARAGRAPH!!! :monkey4:slap

CM isn't accurate to the film but still a great looking peice and the fact it's sculpted by Steve Wang is a +++. You know... the guy who helped paint and prep the original suit!

I already knew this. Great statue but not amazing and way too expensive.

Last edited:
Me and Fortnox think the same and say the same things but unlike him I will get this, at the same time I feel gulty becuase they thing its a easy cash in and they will keep doing it untill their is no more deposits. At the same time I will feel like I missed out. But I will get it because of one reason only, Any Time.

Back