NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA 1/4 Predator

In regards to the closed mouth, I like to pose my figures in non action poses so that's why I like the closed mouth. Action poses are good but I prefer the more natural and everyday poses.

Saying that, all three will be on display so it won't matter:lol

In regards to the closed mouth, I like to pose my figures in non action poses so that's why I like the closed mouth. Action poses are good but I prefer the more natural and everyday poses.

Like wise. I like having them standing straight up with them holding little to no accessories.

I wouldnt doubt that closed mouths pred heads will showup on ebay probably. Its just my opinion, but iconic or not, I think the roaring mouth is just tired, to me he looks more serious with the mandibles closed and of course the helmeted version.

i'm with you, i like the closed mouth over the open best, he looks meaner to me.. but i like the masked one over all. so im getting closed mouth and masked, passing on the open mouth.

Pretty much how I think.. Statues should be the ones in more actiony/flexible poses.

well, I am Actually Glad to read so many of you liking the closed mouth, that's pretty good
the reason i say this is because a couple of weeks ago when all the dolls online were sold out on preorders, (before toysrus got them) the only one that was not sold out was the close mouth, the masked and open mouth sold out pretty fast, but the open mouth never sold out, it was always available,
so, I am getting open mouth and masked only, but, I am glad to read your opinions

well, I am Actually Glad to read so many of you liking the closed mouth, that's pretty good
the reason i say this is because a couple of weeks ago when all the dolls online were sold out on preorders, (before toysrus got them) the only one that was not sold out was the close mouth, the masked and open mouth sold out pretty fast, but the open mouth never sold out, it was always available,
so, I am getting open mouth and masked only, but, I am glad to read your opinions

You still going to try and snag the closed mouth if you find him?

Plus on BBTS, they lowered the PO price by $10 for the closed-mouth version. Talk about underappreciated... all three variants look so good it's hard not to want all of them.

Plus on BBTS, they lowered the PO price by $10 for the closed-mouth version. Talk about underappreciated... all three variants look so good it's hard not to want all of them.

oh, that's true, it was 10 dollars cheaper, still never sold out, it was always available,

I still think one unmasked is enough, open mouth and close mouth don't have anything different besides the mouth, one smart thing they did at Neca with 7 inch Wolf and the hundred versions they did of him (masked, unmasked, battle damaged etc...) is that all the accessories changed , I like the close mouth, I just think the open mouth is enough,

I love them all, of course. But the closed mouth + mandible version is the most iconic.
I understand that the roaring version is the most popular, but if I only remembered ONE thing from Predator the first time I saw it, it would be when his Bio had been dropped in the water and my jaw had dropped to the carpet. :lol

The closed mouth + mandible has more, like, character, imo.

I agree totally, sure the roar is quite iconic, but in my opinion, to capture the look and feel of that scene in a static pose is quite hard. Inturn the closed mandibles version translates better into a figure, and hence why I've opted for the closed-mandible and helmeted versions. Not to say the open-mandible version is not a good choice, I think they're all great! Ahhh can't wait for these guys!! :yess:

but if I only remembered ONE thing from Predator the first time I saw it, it would be when his Bio had been dropped in the water and my jaw had dropped to the carpet. :lol

The closed mouth + mandible has more, like, character, imo.

Can you imagine re-living that moment of your life again. Seeing his face for the first time:horror

I think they're all great! Ahhh can't wait for these guys!! :yess:

Indeed:rock

Can you imagine re-living that moment of your life again. Seeing his face for the first time:horror

The first time he revealed his face, I said,
"You're one ugly mutha ____er!"

Then, I heard Arnold say those same exact words! Right after I said it!

Yeah.....I just made that up. Sorry.

I had the closed mouth pred on pre-order, but I went ahead and ordered the SS legendary scale bust, so because of that I canceled the closed mouth and got a PO on a helmeted. If it doesnt sell out, i might try and swing a closed mouth pred somewhere down the line.

Back