NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA 1/4 Predator

Just to slightly de-rail this convo:

2cqgt36.jpg

Yeah, and rzeznik wants to take his to a taxidermy shop and see about getting a jungle base for his. Another good idea for the masked one would be hollowing out behind the mask some and getting translucent lenses on the mask, and putting in green LED lights for his eyes. Just put the switch on the back of his head and the dreds will hide it.

And come to think of it, the cannon/med-kit assembly is removable .... I'm adding a blue LED to that, too! Now I'm SUPER excited about getting this :yess:

This all sounds very exciting.

If you have seen the film 'Small Soldiers' you'll have an idea of what I'm thinking in my head right now:rock:lol

Hows everyone going to be displaying these then?... Detolfs, Shelves, with the teddies on the bed:naughty

This all sounds very exciting.

If you have seen the film 'Small Soldiers' you'll have an idea of what I'm thinking in my head right now:rock:lol

Hows everyone going to be displaying these then?... Detolfs, Shelves, with the teddies on the bed:naughty

Never saw that one :dunno

Never saw that one :dunno

Watch minutes 3.00-4.00 in this video buddy:rock

Or minute 6.00 if you want a friendly Predator figure :D

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ib80mU80L4o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah, and rzeznik wants to take his to a taxidermy shop and see about getting a jungle base for his. Another good idea for the masked one would be hollowing out behind the mask some and getting translucent lenses on the mask, and putting in green LED lights for his eyes. Just put the switch on the back of his head and the dreds will hide it.

And come to think of it, the cannon/med-kit assembly is removable .... I'm adding a blue LED to that, too! Now I'm SUPER excited about getting this :yess:

That I am. :clap

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ib80mU80L4o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:lecture Brings back memories for sure!

Just to slightly de-rail this convo:

2cqgt36.jpg

lol, that makes me curious as to why she has that mask,
but, I guess I'll never know, I will never watch that show, seems pretty bad...:monkey3

lol Yeah I totally wish for a toy like that,
but, I still regret the day I saw that movie, I really wish I never had....:banghead

lol, that makes me curious as to why she has that mask,
but, I guess I'll never know, I will never watch that show, seems pretty bad...:monkey3

lol Yeah I totally wish for a toy like that,
but, I still regret the day I saw that movie, I really wish I never had....:banghead

She was trying to scare and surprise him. The type of mask plays no real part in the episode.

What's the big deal about the Oakley's on the mask?

Seriously, I'm only interested in the closed mouth version. I just wanted a good version of him like that, and I think they captured it well. If not for this version, I think I'd have passed on this altogether.

But thinking about the larger scale, I might try hollowing out his left forearm and adding an LED light-up feature for the computer gauntlet. Having that much room to work with, shouldn't be too hard. If I can squeeze a blue LED light, a switch and the wiring into that 1:6 cannon, I think I can manage that. (The battery pack is inside the back armor, behind the med-kit)

You and me both, everyone seems to only care about that typical roaring pose that everyone wants and everyone seen a million times. The closed mouth sculpt is where its at. Im just so tired of seeing the typical roaring mouth kneeling down pose.

Rogers Predator costume has made a few appearances though that i remember. Somebody in production must be a fan as it keeps getting slipped in every now an again @ American dad cap

Booo! It's a great film:yess:

Really can't wait to own the big P:rock

LOL I dont mean to be a hater, that film to me was just one of the worst I've seen lol :monkey3 but compare to bad movies today, yeah it is better than some of the really bad ones of lately

She was trying to scare and surprise him. The type of mask plays no real part in the episode.
oh thanks, I was wondering, I tried to watch one episode of this show, I couldn't finish it...:monkey3
You and me both, everyone seems to only care about that typical roaring pose that everyone wants and everyone seen a million times. The closed mouth sculpt is where its at. Im just so tired of seeing the typical roaring mouth kneeling down pose.

Yeah the close mouth is pretty awesome but I dont see a reason to have both open and close mouth, I just think is a waste of space, also, I have the weird feeling that the open mouth could become a close mouth with a little work, I dont know if it would work or not, but, is easier to make the open mouth into a close mouth,
I also like the open mouth more because I've seen the close mouth more, even the AVP preds I have had close mouths, the close mouth is a good look but the open mouth is more iconic, that's why you see it so much,

I wouldnt doubt that closed mouths pred heads will showup on ebay probably. Its just my opinion, but iconic or not, I think the roaring mouth is just tired, to me he looks more serious with the mandibles closed and of course the helmeted version.

Back