NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA 1/4 Predator

We did set out to make the most accurate P1 and the mask is in fact off. I'm glad someone noticed and hopefully we can fix it. The figure hasn't gone into full production and the mask is very important to many. So glad fans are liking this guy even with the gap problem I hope gets fixed.

I stand corrected, but I still will stand by my original feelings of, I get annoyed by people pointing out little things. I will express my feelings just as they will theirs. It is a win win.

This is not a little thing anymore. They still have time to fix it.

I understand that, hence the I stand corrected part. And I will decide what I deem to be little and I think that is a little thing. What I believe to be little may be different to what you believe is little. Different people, different views.

It's a ____ing little thing. Fact. Tankman, dont fix nothing. It's fine. If you guys dont ____ up the paint, this thing will be amazing.

Anyone who has a problem with that little gap shouldnt buy the figure, as they are too picky to buy anything. This isnt like the Hot Toys Alien. This is a teeny, tiny little minor detail that's only a tad bit a miss. Not even worth the effort to fix.

Sorry to go off topic but regarding the Terminator figures -

Tankman, any chance the Steel Mill T-1000 might come with an extra clean headsculpt (same one as Galleria figure) and a normal left hand? And could the motorcycle cop have a normal human left arm? They seem to be light on extras and these would be the most desirable additions if it were possible.

It's a ____ing little thing. Fact. Tankman, dont fix nothing. It's fine. If you guys dont ____ up the paint, this thing will be amazing.

Anyone who has a problem with that little gap shouldnt buy the figure, as they are too picky to buy anything. This isnt like the Hot Toys Alien. This is a teeny, tiny little minor detail that's only a tad bit a miss. Not even worth the effort to fix.

I don't get it :dunno. Tell me why not to improve it if there is still a possibility to do so ?

Yeah, really. Plus, this whole thing is being hailed as the biggest and most accurate P1 figure ever made... so why not go for broke? If it's not 100%, then somewhere down the line, this thing's spot on the pedestal might be taken away.

Like you said, CelticP. It's a little thing. So why let the accuracy of the piece fall short because of one, tiny, completely-fixable issue? There's been too much work done to have it barely miss the mark due to a lense gap that's too wide. Fix it, NECA :)!

Well yeah I agree, if it can be fixed, troublefree, it makes more sense to do so than it does to just leave it.

Don't get so close to perfection only to just say '..meh' on a conceivably avoidable, no matter how minor, issue.

If there is any type of inaccuracy, it's okay to point it out. If it's as small as the one with the Bio and you start complaining about it, then you deserve CelticP's rant.
No offense to you CelticP, I know you're proud of your ranting. :wave
It's always good to have a problem fixed no matter how small, though.

Ranting is my life. :lol

But still, this nit picky stuff is silly. You guys wont be happy...ever....so why even go into this hobby? Name one figure that's 100% PERFECT.....

No it's not. He shouldnt have to do that.

And plus, why would he go and perfect the Predator, but the Alien got the shaft with that hidious dome head?

The dome was more of an issue....but that stayed unfixed. Bah....

Okay, after extensive searching and study, it seems clear that the 8" Masked version will not have the larger gap in the visor.

Here is the very first 2-up proto of it from Toy fair '10"

pmask3.jpg

Dead on, and accurate.

The catalog shots of the 2-up proto:

pmask2.jpg

Pmask1.jpg

Once again, accurate and perfect.

And the actual 8" factory-produced figure at this year's toy Fair:

pmask6.jpg

Looks good to me. Small, thin slit between the "nose" and "Brow"

Now, here is the test shot of the 1/4th:

pmask4.jpg

The gap is definitely noticeable if you look closely.

And the figure from this years Toy Fair:

pmask5.jpg

A big difference between this and the others.

I wonder if this mask for the 1/4th is a brand-new sculpt, or if the up-sizing process to make the figure so big made the normally small slit at an 8" or 16" scale, much larger.

Either way, the figure still looks great and I'm sure everything will be done to fix it. Just though I'd chime in to show that ya don't have to wory about the 8" scale one's mask.

Back