NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA 1/4 Predator

You'll love it too. I came back home to OK and Randy let me bring one home with me and it's freaking great. I fixed the mask by resetting the top part down into the lower part.

Awesome. That's why NECA rules, you guys really go that extra mile and do whatever you can to make the best figure possible.

If i can ask, was the original 1/4 mask a new a sculpt? Or was it the original sculpt, and the enlarging process accentuated the visor gap in that larger scale?

You'll love it too. I came back home to OK and Randy let me bring one home with me and it's freaking great. I fixed the mask by resetting the top part down into the lower part. After all these years it feels great to know this guy is being made. I feel greedy now because I want P2 and the Elder made big like this. The P2 sculpt turned out so good that I feel only doing it 8 inches would suck but at least the lost tribe will follow. Way so cool indeed. I can't wait to see you do you're thing on one with the paint. The net might be a problem though. Getting it to come off I mean.

I have learned how to remove fish nets off of others pretty well :yess:

Yeah dude... really looking forward to painting it up!!! Got a few mods I want to do as well....but I would be no where with out the awesome base to work on!

It's a ____ing little thing. Fact. Tankman, dont fix nothing. It's fine. If you guys dont ____ up the paint, this thing will be amazing.

Anyone who has a problem with that little gap shouldnt buy the figure, as they are too picky to buy anything. This isnt like the Hot Toys Alien. This is a teeny, tiny little minor detail that's only a tad bit a miss. Not even worth the effort to fix.

Are you asking him not to fix the issues? :cuckoo:

If the product gets delayed a few weeks I think that would be fine so long as the product is released with all the issues worked out.

The less mods I have to do the better the product is I would say.
Right now, I'm impressed the way this figure has turned out.

I have learned how to remove fish nets off of others pretty well :yess:

Yeah dude... really looking forward to painting it up!!! Got a few mods I want to do as well....but I would be no where with out the awesome base to work on!
so... how tough do you think it would be to add some LEDs to the masked version? related question - if possible, could you provide said service?

Are you asking him not to fix the issues? :cuckoo:

Yes. Why? Because. Nothing is perfect. Not one single thing in this world.

That Predator looks good. The sculpt is great, and it's incredibly detailed. If people can even....nit pick..the fact his helmet visor is off just a tad (nit pick, not notice.)...then they dont deserve it.

Getting sick of all these people just...nit picking little...useless details...it's just so....asinine. Makes this forum section really annoying to come to.

But I digress. If you want it to be delayed to fix that visor, go ahead. Then you'll find something else that's off, ask Tankman to fix that, then he'll do it, and it'll be delayed again, and you'll yet again find something that's off....and it will go on forever and ever and ever.

Please, the only other issue is the net (and it looks like that won't be fixed). The lens gap, however, can be. Tankman said so himself, so if it's that easy, why not? We're still getting it anyway, but if it takes minimal effort to make it all it can be, then I say go for it.
This isn't some hopeless petition, not after the sculptor himself said it's not a problem.

It's like if you had to choose between a 95% or a 100%. They're both A's, but tell me you wouldn't shoot for 100% if it took only two extra minutes to get there.

Getting sick of all these people just...nit picking little...useless details...it's just so....asinine.

So you're sick of Tankman? Because he's the one constantly talking about accuracy and details regarding his stuff. And then the Bio has a huge inaccurate gap around the visor. The irony.

Anyways.. P2 looks good. Hopefully that gets made at this scale.

He'll always second guess himself. He's allowed to. But still....the visor aint that big of a deal. But whatever. I can never keep up with this accuracy stuff. If it looks like the monster I saw on screen, that's good to me.

Watch. Someone will find something else. You just watch.

Nothing is a 100%. Nothing.

Fine, 98 or 99%. Either way, it still beats a 95%. I hope this percentage talk doesn't digress from my original point, but we've pretty much all given our opinions by now.

He'll always second guess himself. He's allowed to. But still....the visor aint that big of a deal. But whatever. I can never keep up with this accuracy stuff. If it looks like the monster I saw on screen, that's good to me.

Then why comment!? :lol:lol:lol

If the discussion is about accuracy why chime in why you admittedly have no clue about what's accurate and what isn't? If you like it as is, great. But it's kinda stupid to get mad at people who DO know what's accurate and what isn't and can clearly see the visor on that Bio is wonky. And remember: this is a big ass piece. So it's not something that'll only be noticeable from hi-res pics. It'll be noticeable in-hand.

And it's not like NECA had to take liberties in making the Bio i.e. they din't have to make it fit a Predator face. Since the Bio isn't removable they didn't have to worry about that.

And with all the accuracy/detail talk from Tankman you'd think something that obvious and apparent wouldn't be missed.

Doesn't sound like a deal breaker though.. I think everyone who was planning on buying still will. So it's just conversation to pass the time.

Seriously, if he can make it right, why would you want to keep it wrong? Especially since he WANTS to make it the best possible thing he can...

Watch. Someone will find something else. You just watch.

Nothing is a 100%. Nothing.

facepalmfk.jpg

Back