NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UK stock of Series 4 Elder and Big Red should be hitting most shops and online retailers from today.

Hi, first post. I know some may have moved on from this topic, but here in the UK we've only just got our hands on the Elder/Big Red combo, and I have to say that the Elder's paintjob is every bit as bad, (and then some) as It has been made out to be. Shame to ruin a proper good sculpt at the last minute.

Bad form, NECA.

Hi, first post. I know some may have moved on from this topic, but here in the UK we've only just got our hands on the Elder/Big Red combo, and I have to say that the Elder's paintjob is every bit as bad, (and then some) as It has been made out to be. Shame to ruin a proper good sculpt at the last minute.

Bad form, NECA.

It's s shame that those great sculpts are ruined by bad paint jobs.:gah:

I just can't get worked up about the less then great paint apps on these guys. The base sculpts are just so good. They are huge. And (relatively speaking) inexpensive. We used to pay so much more for a kit version of these guys with no paint, clean up work and a sculpt no where near as good.
Look at the new P2 "maquette"
It does not appear to be that much bigger. Sculpt on the Neca is on par if not better, but certainly comparable and its 1200 plus shipping
Now we will see how paint compares, but that paint job and netting ain't worth $1100 plus shipping.
I think we have to keep perspective on these guys and think about the value we are getting out of them

Really. Hope to see the Wasp Predator in quarter scale with that alien head spear :)

Welcome Predfred :)

Oh they're fantastic figures, no question, I have the other 1/4 scale preds and the finish on them doesn't leave anything at all to be desired. With that in mind I can't believe It would have been that much trouble to do a better job here, on a figure so eagerly awaited as the Elder, because I do think It's quite sloppy, regardless of how It compares pricewise to supposedly higher end figures.

As It is I'm going to see If I have any latent talents with regards to using an airbrush, I surely can't make him any worse.

I still absolutely love these guys btw :)

Sucks about the production of Elder, I don't blame you guys hatin on it. I still like it but not the paint job, so I'm repainting him.

Hopefully the next 1/4 installment is better than this. Big Red on the other hand wasn't too bad. Still haven't pulled the trigger on him tho. :)

I think I'm done with the 1/4 Preds after the Elder. I used to hope they'd do the whole Lost Tribe but not if I have to repaint them all. Heh.

I was just sizing up the finish on the Warrior Predator to see how to go about repainting Greyback and the difference between the two goes beyond merely a disappointing paint job on the latter. There's no discernable attempt here to even try to approximate anything resembling skin colouration or pattern, apart from a few yellow blobs on my figure. I'm quite looking forward to painting him myself though, once I've sufficiently psyched myself up :)

Yeah it really looks like they literally crapped the Elder out the door as fast as they could. I'm pretty psyched about how mine is turning out though. :D

It would be cool if Neca made a battle damage City Hunter with closed mouth and a new netting.

Which differend licenses have Neca for Predator ?
1/4, 1/2, 1/1, 1/10, etc. ?

Just received my Big Red and Elder, Elder really could have been great but it looks so plain with the paintjob AND NECA did not include his jaw piercing on mine :( it only has one ring and not the ornament :( gotta make it myself I guess...

I've got them all now, but I think I'll leave it at this

Last edited:
Not had the chance to take some predator pictures in a long time. But now i have an excuse to

isos.jpg

286y.jpg

I also unpacked Big Red and must say it is top quality, great paintjob, the skincolour is perfect, feels heavier than the others and stands perfect. Fixed the gap in the visor (again!) and I made a leather (well cotton) collar. Love this figure, now onto customizing the elder, pffff

Last edited:
My Elder arrived today and he is going back to the store. The left leg is covered in glue and can't move. There is glue on the head and all over the dreads, with white hazing all over. I'm glad I ordered him at TRU for an easy return.

Elder looks ****. Even every "good" picture he looks ****. Nothing like he should. Big Red however is so god damned good

Back