NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just glad they went down to 12 inches on it and saved the 18 inch for us.

That's what she said.........:yess:

Oh I was talking to someone and I just realized something

the close mouth is the one of the three that seems to be selling less,
You think that one would end up making it to stores around? Like Toys R Us stores? I could see the masked version disappearing fast, and the open mouth is selling, but most of the pics are open mouth and, BBTS never sold out of the close mouth, even when all of the other 2 sold out,

I wonder if the poor close mouths would be seen at stores or the mall or something....

......and it will be the one worth the most down the line.....:lecture

Suits me - I'll buy another one. Closed mouth is my favorite look, even back in the day when I built and painted the Billiken USA figure.

Thanks, Centurion, I'm not finished yet, because of the netting the blood wants to settle in and expose the netting when in actuality the netting would have been cut by the bullet, I basically have to gob the stuff on and submerge the netting, don't want to cut it of course.

Wasn't as hard as I thought to get the blood, now if you'll excuse me I have to look for my left arm. :D

Thanks, Centurion, I'm not finished yet, because of the netting the blood wants to settle in and expose the netting when in actuality the netting would have been cut by the bullet, I basically have to gob the stuff on and submerge the netting, don't want to cut it of course.

Wasn't as hard as I thought to get the blood, now if you'll excuse me I have to look for my left arm. :D
:lol :hi5:

Hey guys, I know that I developed a sort of "troll" to some here. BecAuse my ideals to some seem out of this world, becuase they are acheivable. Then comparing me to others like Nox. I just want to start again.

On topic of our faviorite famous galaxy hunter, speaking of Predator 2, which is a underated sequel, thought it was amazing. What are some of yours opions on it?

All bets are on...2/1 you come home with one. 11/1 all three.:lol

Surf, I'd say go for it. The price is great and considering you're a Predator fan, getting an accurate 1/4 representation of the original character is a no-brainer, even if it's a stand-alone piece.

Sigh... I just want mine to arrive so I can build a shrine, er, diorama.

All right, I ended up with the open mouth version after all. Corner Store was out of masked versions, so there was no temptation there. Open mouth was my most likely target anyway since I've always wanted a Pred that could be displayed with face and no shoulder cannon.

Pics I've seen posted make it look a little under scale for 1/4, and it technically is, but I have to admit it does display well enough with my Aliens Warrior Maquette. And he'll make my 1/4 Queen look like a real badass when she's built and painted.

All right, I ended up with the open mouth version after all. Corner Store was out of masked versions, so there was no temptation there. Open mouth was my most likely target anyway since I've always wanted a Pred that could be displayed with face and no shoulder cannon.

Pics I've seen posted make it look a little under scale for 1/4, and it technically is, but I have to admit it does display well enough with my Aliens Warrior Maquette. And he'll make my 1/4 Queen look like a real badass when she's built and painted.

Congratulations on the acquisition Nathan. Can't wait to see you work your magic on this figure. And I am especially looking forward to the 1/4 queen.

Hey guys, I know that I developed a sort of "troll" to some here. BecAuse my ideals to some seem out of this world, becuase they are acheivable. Then comparing me to others like Nox. I just want to start again.

On topic of our faviorite famous galaxy hunter, speaking of Predator 2, which is a underated sequel, thought it was amazing. What are some of yours opions on it?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgbdx4JjTE0"]YouTube - Ben Stiller & Tom Cruise - Mission Improbable (Sub Ita)[/ame]

John Woo @ 2:50.

Congrats on the purchase.

PM sent.

I snapped a few more pics of this guy tonight. Thinking about giving it a go and fixing the seam, but have no experience with painting so kinda afraid I'll F up :lol

necapredator01.jpg

necapredator02.jpg

necapredator03.jpg

necapredator04.jpg

Anybody else displaying there predator on the bottom of a detolf? I was wondering if anyone has any idea's on a good way to rise him up some. He is around 10-12" from the second shelf and it looks kinda dumb with the huge gap in space. I was wondering if someone found something cool they could maybe stand him on so he basically is not standing on the floor. Something 6"-8" from the floor would look perfect, any idea's would be appreciated.

Even if I make a base for him I'm still going to have that big gap where the second shelf would be. It's a shame the shelves aren't adjustable.

Oh I was talking to someone and I just realized something

the close mouth is the one of the three that seems to be selling less,

I wonder if the poor close mouths would be seen at stores or the mall or something....

The closed mouth is a great sculpt. Maybe people are having a hard time trying to decode which one to buy. The masked seems to be the most popular but when it comes to deciding between the two unmasked heads buyers may be playing it safe with the tried and test open mouth sculpt.

Personally, the closed mouth is my favourite.:winner

Congrats on the purchase. Do you plan on customising yours now?

1/4 Queen, please tell me more.:yess:

They replied to me last week when I enquired about him and said they expected him afew days either side of the release date on their website.

I've preordered from forbiddenplant uk as well. On the website it says "Due for release on 29 May 2011" so dunno if were really going to have to wait that long until its released....i hope not ! The fig is looking mighty impressive ! Gonna have to make room in my detolf !

I've preordered from forbiddenplant uk as well. On the website it says "Due for release on 29 May 2011" so dunno if were really going to have to wait that long until its released....i hope not ! The fig is looking mighty impressive ! Gonna have to make room in my detolf!

I cancelled with forbidden planet and ordered from CSC. I'd say it's 99% they will get theirs at the date, if not later.

Absolutely great idea! I'm also thinking about diorama for Predators. I could use foliage, grass, rocks I normaly use for model railway, but with trees would be an issue! I have 1/87 HO scale, so the tallest trees are about 14 inches tall. And there is a space issue as well. Greygoose check this videos from mynewclear! His work is AMAZING!!!

YouTube - diorama berserker.MPG

YouTube - Predator Berserker Spacecraft .MPG

AMAZING!!!!! wow both videos rocks , i would like to have the second diorama

Back