Neca 1/4 Scale Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
High end is on the eyes of the beholder... being expensive or made with high quality materials doesn't make it better.
I am saying, in THIS particular case, the NECA Gollum/Smeagol looks better or closer to the source than Sideshow's. Of course, as a collectible the Sideshow one might look nice at first, but once you examine the paint-apps, the details, the textures (or lack thereof) then you see my point.
And yes, a plastic articulated figure can look a LOT better than a "high-end" overpriced statue... another example is the T-800 PF vs. the Hot Toys one... thought to be fair HT is definitely higher end than NECA. But still...

NECA makes great stuff and I'm not going to argue with you because it's personal preference and you like it better so that's all that matters. All I'm trying to say is that I bet that if I put both of them on a shelf and asked people to say which one was more impressive, I'm sure at least 9 out of 10 would say the PF.

NECA makes great stuff and I'm not going to argue with you because it's personal preference and you like it better so that's all that matters. All I'm trying to say is that I bet that if I put both of them on a shelf and asked people to say which one was more impressive, I'm sure at least 9 out of 10 would say the PF.

But it's mostly because of the pedestal.. but if you take the PF Gollum and compare it to NECA, the SS one looks awful, specially the paint job... as a collectible, yeah SS is more impressive due to the design, but as an accurate representation of the character, NECA wins in my book... :peace

Last edited:
This thing is great. Picked him up a few days ago at Toys R Us. Definitely worth a purchase, especially if you can get one at under $50. The hair needs a bit of work, but the paint and sculpt look so nice in person and out of the box. Feels sturdy too.

gollum_zps866037ca.jpg

Last edited:
First Gollum, now Bilbo, if they're going the "bad guy-good guy-bad guy" route i hope Azog is up next, loved his look and it'll be stunning in 1/4 scale.

Gollum is specifically a LotR version, not the Hobbit. So they can bounce around from each trilogy. I imagine they will stick with Hobbit and dwarf sized characters for the time though before giving us larger characters.

I was already sold on Gollum/Smeagol when I saw them at TRU, but I was able to get a better deal on Ebay for both with free shipping.
Man, these guys are some of NECA's best work to date!!
A-mazing!!
I'll post pics later!! But they are soooo awesome!!
:rock!

Is the NECA Gollum available in stores?

Bilbo looks great!

They should be in Toys R Us stores and comic/hobby shops. I only saw them once at TRU by my school before Christmas break and haven't seen them anywhere else since. Should've just grabbed it and left it in opened while I decided on it

Trimmed Gollum's hair and plucked out a few strands. I think it makes him look pretty.

geegolly2_zpsc893668e.jpg

geegolly_zpsc597fbc1.jpg

So is he actually 1/4 scale, wondering if he'd fit in with the Sideshow 1/6 Hobbits since they were too big? Either way this piece is very impressive from the pics I've seen n

Back