NECA 1/4 Scale Batman Returns Danny DeVito Penguin Figure!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lastest picture of Penguin from NECA's twitter.

c7CqO260.jpeg

So lifelike! To Neca vets, what are the chances of a production piece to look like THAT?

Unfortunately, close to 0. The dirt on the clothing would be okay, but the face paint would most likely be flat.

EDIT: Here's the difference between the proto paint of NECA Keaton vs Production paint.

Proto

bmn.jpg

Production

13727583664_02d4d5aa99.jpg

Unfortunately, close to 0. The dirt on the clothing would be okay, but the face paint would most likely be flat.

EDIT: Here's the difference between the proto paint of NECA Keaton vs Production paint.

Proto

bmn.jpg

Production

13727583664_02d4d5aa99.jpg

Both pictures look really similar in terms of paint and sculpt. I'd say NECA did a pretty good job with the 1:4 Batmen so far. It's the fully unmask heads that suffer from the poor paint apps.

Both pictures look really similar in terms of paint and sculpt. I'd say NECA did a pretty good job with the 1:4 Batmen so far. It's the fully unmask heads that suffer from the poor paint apps.

If you have a 1/4 Keaton Batman that has a paint job that look just like those protos above, then congratulations, you have a very rare NECA product.

If you don't have a Keaton Batman at all, I'll try to look for a better photo of the final product. The eyes are no way like the proto (it's almost always wonky on the final product), while the skin tone is flat and the lips are pink,but can't really be seen in pictures.

EDIT here's a couple from EpicReview.

IMG_3237.JPG

IMG_3238.JPG

If you have a 1/4 Keaton Batman that has a paint job that look just like those protos above, then congratulations, you have a very rare NECA product.

If you don't have a Keaton Batman at all, I'll try to look for a better photo of the final product. The eyes are no way like the proto (it's almost always wonky on the final product), while the skin tone is flat and the lips are pink,but can't really be seen in pictures.

I just took a quick snap with my Batman figure. It's basically the same paint application NECA would provide with their 7" but with a little bit more detail. You can't expect multi layered paint application to the head sculpt for what NECA is charging. I don't think the end products look that different from what I saw from the Toy Fair pics. the lips are painted with a pale pink paint and it's not glossy like the picture you shown. I do admit that it's weird that most of the Batman figure I've seen have the left pupil painted slightly higher than the right. I've picked through a few Batmen before I settle for the one I have now.

P1110574_zps11a78eba.jpg
P1110573_zps444ce69a.jpg

Lastest picture of Penguin from NECA's twitter.

c7CqO260.jpeg

it really is an amazing sculpt. I think huebertm. is correct though, final product will suffer slightly. im down though, unlike other bat villains the penguin has never seen much figure time. if any at all at 1/6 and 1/4. i think with the cloth coat, umbrella and penguin commando he is going to make for 1 amazing display piece.

I just took a quick snap with my Batman figure. It's basically the same paint application NECA would provide with their 7" but with a little bit more detail. You can't expect multi layered paint application to the head sculpt for what NECA is charging. I don't think the end products look that different from what I saw from the Toy Fair pics. the lips are painted with a pale pink paint and it's not glossy like the picture you shown. I do admit that it's weird that most of the Batman figure I've seen have the left pupil painted slightly higher than the right. I've picked through a few Batmen before I settle for the one I have now.

You are indeed lucky. I went through all the stocks available at the local shop and all of them got wonky eyes.

it really is an amazing sculpt. I think huebertm. is correct though, final product will suffer slightly. im down though, unlike other bat villains the penguin has never seen much figure time. if any at all at 1/6 and 1/4. i think with the cloth coat, umbrella and penguin commando he is going to make for 1 amazing display piece.

Yeah, with sculpt this good and De Vito Penguin figures this good being rare (even when HT unveils theirs), I might end up getting one. I think this would be easier to repaint though, given that his being untidy can give you more freedom to "mess up" :)

The first things to suffer from prototype to mass production will probably Penguin's hair, the fantastic paint around the eyes and the way the teeth are painted.

Any idea when this will go up for PO?
How long did take for their West and Keaton figures to go up after their reveals?

I can't wait to own this.

I always loved the ickle Penguin figures years ago. My favorite was the Animated Series figure, and I remember the official Returns figure was comic version!

Batman-Bin-15-Batman-Returns-The-Penguin-front.jpg

I have that Penguin figure. I had A LOT of good times with him and my Batman TAS figures as a kid. Unfortunately my mum got mine 2nd hand from a garage sale, and had had his mid-section "touched up" with whiteout...I remember it was IMPOSSIBLE to find a Penguin figure when I was a kid.

Really annoyed me that figure, I wanted a penguin that looked like devito, a new sculpt.

One of the very few times kenner dropped the ball. Generally kenner made great toys.

Back