NECA: 1/4 Marvel Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took a few comparison shots with the Hot Toys 1:4 bust (I can't afford the full figure!). I also compared it with some weird 1:4 static figure I picked up a while ago...not sure who made it. No articulation, but still kinda cool. I got it fairly cheap. Anyway, enjoy!

Eyes and chests on:

Eyes and chests off:

Standing next to weird static figure:

A closer look:

Looks great! NECA did great job on MK42 & 43.
I think left one is Kaiyodo Mega Sofubi MK42.

Yes, it's the Mega Sofubi! I would have never remembered that. Weird little statue thing. I'm glad NECA fixed the eye problem from the 43. It bothers me when I turn on the eyes, the whole helmet kinda lights up and ruins the effect. The 42 lights up perfectly.

Wish I saw more people pick up Mark 43 and 42. Excellent figures and some of NECA's best work.
0b77eaf3a813a0483e3185fd7b6708f3.jpg

Anyone care to chime in with some thoughts on the Midas and Battle Damaged Mark VII figures? Thinking of grabbing them to go with my Mark 42 but I've never seen them in person. Some opinions from those that own them would be good.

Anyone care to chime in with some thoughts on the Midas and Battle Damaged Mark VII figures? Thinking of grabbing them to go with my Mark 42 but I've never seen them in person. Some opinions from those that own them would be good.
I used to have the Mark VII. I really can't recommend those older Iron Man figures at all. They absolutely pale in comparison to any of NECA'S recent 1/4 figures, especially the Mark 42 and 43.

First BD Mark VII I got had a broken arm within 5 minutes after I got it out of the box. Thankfully I got a free replacement (thanks BBTS!), but a couple months later the leg busted off and eventually the other leg did too. Proportions are all out of wack, I mean he looks seriously scrawny, almost anorexic compared to any other 1/4 figure. Legs are too long compared to torso and paint is really hit or miss. Eyes are bug like and overall plastic quality is poor.

Look, I've said it before and I'll say it again. I have bought 19 of these 1/4 figures over my collecting career and I just absolutely love them. Easily my favourite toy line. But those old Iron Man figures basically have zero of the traits that make me love these figures so much. Ironic considering that Battle Damaged Iron Man was the first 1/4 I bought haha.

I used to have the Mark VII. I really can't recommend those older Iron Man figures at all. They absolutely pale in comparison to any of NECA'S recent 1/4 figures, especially the Mark 42 and 43.

First BD Mark VII I got had a broken arm within 5 minutes after I got it out of the box. Thankfully I got a free replacement (thanks BBTS!), but a couple months later the leg busted off and eventually the other leg did too. Proportions are all out of wack, I mean he looks seriously scrawny, almost anorexic compared to any other 1/4 figure. Legs are too long compared to torso and paint is really hit or miss. Eyes are bug like and overall plastic quality is poor.

Look, I've said it before and I'll say it again. I have bought 19 of these 1/4 figures over my collecting career and I just absolutely love them. Easily my favourite toy line. But those old Iron Man figures basically have zero of the traits that make me love these figures so much. Ironic considering that Battle Damaged Iron Man was the first 1/4 I bought haha.
Cheers. Yeah, see I got into these slightly late. I haven't been able to see what those early runs look like outside of photos but they don't ever really reflect what something's like.

I'm up to 17 myself with Penguin, Catwoman and Leo on the way. When those Iron Man figures came up for half the price they usually go for that's what made me consider them. I've got the Mk 42 and completely agree, it's really impressive.

wow, awesome collection! I wasnt aware they made so many batmen lol

Deadpool is the best of the bunch for me, thanks for posting!

And the leggings he wears that makes it look like he doesn't have pants on haha.

lol I didnt even notice that at first! He's got speedo's and panty hose on

Still nice figure though, if I was a Batman fan I would have bought all of the NECA 1/4 scale figs in the line. Honestly They're better than those high end 1/6 figures to me.

I need that Captain America and Spiderman! Might do Dr. Strange. Depends on how it looks in person.

Im surprised they went with Deadpool first for a 1:2 scale. You would think Predator would be the thing to try out first.

Back