NECA: 1/4 Marvel Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA: 1/4 The Avengers

For me, what ultimately wins out is the realism. Had Hot Toys been the same price up front as NECA it never would have been a doubt in my mind, but what it came down to before was, it was like $350 to get the HT Hulk I wanted vs $230 for this, and it's bigger, and the prototype paint job was actually pretty impressive for me.

I'd love to own both, truly, but my Hulk collection is full of action figures and I just badly wanted one realistic looking representation of a favorite design, so the HT deal I got was just beyond too good to pass on, and I'm ultimately happier, but I'm not looking to dump on what NECA's achieved, just discussing Hulk as he's a favorite. The Avengers Hulk is great because it's like a weird mix of my two other favorite Hulks looks, Lou Ferrigno and the Kirby/Buscema style comics.

I do give NECA props for pressing on with the pants and giving him movie pants instead of the promo art ones which didn't translate well to this size, they're ok on Hasbro figures.

I'm actually not a fan of HT Hulk arms, I much prefer exposed joints.

I've grown to fear any joints covered by rubber.

Sure they look nice but they suck the life out of posing.

But still, you did get an incredible deal.

That is a strong point in NECA's favor, integrity of the figure, though thankfully, HT isn't rubber like their older figures and a pliable soft vinyl type material, my Enterbay 1/4 scale Rambo uses the same material for his torso.

There's things about each figure I like a lot, which is why I'd love to have both. I love how bulky the HT arms are, makes him look stronger, but I love the tension and flexing of muscles in NECA's upper body.

Even seeing it for it's best in hand, HT's roaring head still can't hold up to NECA's, I do know a moment in the Hulkbuster fight that HT looks like, but NECA just went for a general rage and it works great.

Yeah props to NECA on their Hulk but the HT AOU Hulk is all I need in my collection to represent the Hulk.

NECA: 1/4 The Avengers

Are there any comparison pics between Neca Mk43 and Hot Toys QS001? I'm curious about the height..

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

NECA's shipping calendar has him listed for September 12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avengers: Age of Ultron – 1/4 Scale Hulk By NECA Available Now on Ebay and Amazon

CrY0lxhW8AMXAWc.jpg

:panic: :panic: :panic:

NECA: 1/4 The Avengers

Looks pretty good for the most part. I ultimately made a tough decision and decided to pass on this one. I really like him but I'm definitely more of a DC guy and about $400 CAD shipped is way too expensive.

Damn it, I guess I'll be living off Kraft dinner for a month

Frank and Sons has it already for anynoe that lives in Socal.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Someone posted a picture of Hulk next to their daughter the other day on NECA's twitter. The damn thing is nearly as big as her. :lol

Has anyone asked NECA why Hulk doesnt come in retail packaging?

BBTS: "No retail packaging (comes in plain corrugated box)"

Has anyone asked NECA why Hulk doesnt come in retail packaging?

BBTS: "No retail packaging (comes in plain corrugated box)"

I'd like to know that myself. I collect 1/4 MIB, and generally display them side by side in their packaging as the windows on the front make the figure visible. The lack of retail packaging on this one irritates me.

Back