NECA: 1/4 Marvel Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA: 1/4 The Avengers

Bought a Mark 43 today. I'm tempted to mod the shoulder pads, so that they're attached to the arms, not the body.

I intend having it in a more dynamic pose than this guy...

IMG_20160525_014742.jpg

Well I got my hands on 1/4 Mark 43. Overall a great piece but a few issues that bother me.

The chest light doesn't seem as bright as the other lights, a bit dim in comparison. Wondering if that's a normal thing?

And I got a bit too touchy with the two flaps on his back and they came off. I notice there's a red bit where they slot onto but the plastic on mine were practically broke so it's no use. Had to super glue them both on but left one wouldn't fit in properly in so I *gasp* had to trim off bit off plastic to make it fit. So they can't flap open anymore and remain somewhat shut. Ugh.

Any chance we'll see more 1/4 Iron Man from NECA?

Well I got my hands on 1/4 Mark 43. Overall a great piece but a few issues that bother me.

The chest light doesn't seem as bright as the other lights, a bit dim in comparison. Wondering if that's a normal thing?

And I got a bit too touchy with the two flaps on his back and they came off. I notice there's a red bit where they slot onto but the plastic on mine were practically broke so it's no use. Had to super glue them both on but left one wouldn't fit in properly in so I *gasp* had to trim off bit off plastic to make it fit. So they can't flap open anymore and remain somewhat shut. Ugh.

Any chance we'll see more 1/4 Iron Man from NECA?

The chest light difference isn't normal. If it really bothers you, I would try contacting @NECA_CS on Twitter to try and get a replacement.

Sorry to hear about the flaps. They are cool, but you definitely need to be careful.

I feel like more 1/4 Iron Man figures are very likely, especially since they sell so well. But I feel like we won't get another for a couple years as Neca seems focused on a lot of other projects right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Neca definitely has plans in the works for a new 1/4 Captain America! Wouldn't be surprised if it's his Civil War suit.

I've really come to dislike Cap's Avengers outfit, it's what NECA had to work with so I don't hold it against their figure, just costume design on the movie. His more recent costumes are better modern looks that retail the feel of his TFA suit.

I've really come to dislike Cap's Avengers outfit, it's what NECA had to work with so I don't hold it against their figure, just costume design on the movie. His more recent costumes are better modern looks that retail the feel of his TFA suit.

Definitely. Figure wise, Neca did a decent job on their Captain America's but it isn't the same level of awesome as stuff like Mk 43 Iron Man or Arkham Knight Batman.

When it comes to the movies, I 100% agree. His Avengers outfit is his worst MCU costume, but I don't outright hate it like most. It still looks weird though. Then we got the Stealth suit which had such a badass design, and then in AOU I was so happy they took that suit but gave it actual Captain America colours. The AOU/CW suits are super awesome and some of my personal favourite superhero costumes in a movie ever.

Avengers costume looks ok with no mask/hood, but once it's on, it just looks to cartoony and contrasts against the world it exists in, could always chalk it up to Coulson being a horrible fashion designer lol

Neca did a great job with the head/face/chin on their Cap, even if the source material is lolz.

I think NECA's figure takes heat because the costume is not plastic figure friendly. It gets a pass with Hasbro because all their stuff looks like toys, but there's no way to make a figure that doesn't look like a toy and accurately depicts the suit.

Managed to send back my Mark 43 Iron Man for refund/replacement on eBay. Hope to get another one soon.

So is anyone else a bit concerned that there's been no news on the 1/4 Hulk lately? I wonder if he's even coming this year now?

Managed to send back my Mark 43 Iron Man for refund/replacement on eBay. Hope to get another one soon.

So is anyone else a bit concerned that there's been no news on the 1/4 Hulk lately? I wonder if he's even coming this year now?

Yea I've been a little worried about the lack of news on Hulk. He's definitely coming this year though, he was almost done when we saw him at Toy Fair.

That's fine as long as the delays means they're improving his pants. :lol

His head and size are the best things on him.

I find his chest to be too flat and those pants atrocious.

I've just about thrown in the towel on Hulk, I want him still, but a local store is going out of business and had the deluxe Age of Ultron Hot Toys Hulk for $260 and I couldn't pass that set up, 2 heads, 4 hands, Hulk smash torso, plus, who knows what the final paint on NECA will be like, and once I get a chance to do photos, PERS will be very handy for me.

That's a great deal, was it new?

Great price even if used.

But you're going to have a hard time resisting Neca's once you see in hand photos! :lol

That's a great deal, was it new?

Great price even if used.

But you're going to have a hard time resisting Neca's once you see in hand photos! :lol

Brand new, previously marked at $380, but store's closing and marking everything down, I couldn't pass up such a deal.

Any other HT figs on sale like that?

Nope, they had the 1/6 Harry Potter and like some of those HT art figures and such. Hulk was the only 1/6, I didn't even expect Hot Toys in the shop, their main stuff was NECA and such and by the time I got there, a lot had already sold out, I didn't know they were closing, I walked up to the counter to pay and say Hulk's box in a display. At first I thought it was the first Avengers version, then the clerk opened it so I could inspect him and as soon as I saw the extra smash torso and had to take the deal. NECA has the superior roaring head, but I prefer the teeth showing angry snarl head most of all.

Best part is that it turned into a birthday present from my girlfriend.

image.jpeg

All my Hulks from her, I'm very lucky.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Back