NECA: 1/4 Marvel Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA: 1/4 The Avengers

Has anoyne re-painted the Tony Stark head sculpt on the 1/4 battle damaged version? I can't find this anywhere online. I want to see what it would look like pro painted.

Hi guys! Sorry to derail the current discussion on Thor, but I'd just like to share my NECA Iron Man.

Bought it 2 weeks ago at the New York Comic Con for just $70 (thought the price was too good to pass up). TSA Officers inspected my checked-in luggage though and split the figure's head open. There were lots of scratches as it seemed that they struggled to open it, and the tiny wires for the LED eyes were broken. Fixed the lights, and thought I'd give Battle Damaging the figure a try since it's been scratched anyway.

It's my first time to try this, and I don't have an airbrush so everything was done with old brushes. I'm pretty happy with the result. BD-ing this figure makes it look more expensive :) I hope you guys find it okay!

PA250657LR_zps61f99bbe.jpg

PA250658LR_zps5d32bf19.jpg

PA250659LR_zpsad835f2a.jpg

PA250660LR_zps95fcefb5.jpg

Fantastic!!

My Iron Man breast plate has turned decidedly pink! Has anyone else come accross this? Any easy repair for the not especially skilled? Any advice appreciated, as it's definitely not a good look!

My Iron Man breast plate has turned decidedly pink! Has anyone else come accross this? Any easy repair for the not especially skilled? Any advice appreciated, as it's definitely not a good look!

Wow, never saw the chest plate go pink on any figure but it's a pretty easy repair.

There's been a few threads with tutorials, this is the first I found doing a search:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99646

Fantastic!!

Thanks buddy!

Oh man. Sorry about your figure. I knew that there's a possibility of this happening though, when I realized that the chest plate is actually rubber (just a little thicker than the pelvic armor), when I punched holes on it during the battle damaging custom process. Mine's still okay, though. You've had your figure for how long, bud? Was it ever exposed to direct sunlight or incandescent/florescent light bulb?

Had mine for 6 months now and no paint issue at all. I've been playing with it quite a bit recently and got it to do the ground punch pose, which looks a little awkward due to the leg angles but since it sits on the top of my shelves the pose actually looks pretty good.

There's no denying that the HT are way better built, but this NECA really has great value. I did notice that all the panel lines on the NECA are not painted, so doing the panel lines with a dark marker would really bring out all the details. I may just try it on mine later and will post comparison photos...

mine was exactly like that straight out of the box first week of release in the uk ,i reckon it had missed the painting process ,you can see the inner center ring that it fits around is painted ,i just went over it with a permanent red marker ,not recommended lol ,it looks ok but a little streaky ,ill get round to doing it properly one day lol

Many thanks for the replies re. Iron Man's pink breast plate. FYI this lives in a home theatre room, so little or no light during the day, and no prolonged periods of other strong, direct light. Although I bought this in the UK it actually lives with me in Thailand, so it is subjected to heat, with considerable air-con enforced cooling every so often. Can extreme change in air temperature do this? I wouldn't have thought so, but it's the only thing that comes to mind. None of the other Neca figures that share the room seem likewise affected. This gives me a good excuse to get the recently announced gold suit figure, if nothing else!

Many thanks for the replies re. Iron Man's pink breast plate. FYI this lives in a home theatre room, so little or no light during the day, and no prolonged periods of other strong, direct light. Although I bought this in the UK it actually lives with me in Thailand, so it is subjected to heat, with considerable air-con enforced cooling every so often. Can extreme change in air temperature do this? I wouldn't have thought so, but it's the only thing that comes to mind. None of the other Neca figures that share the room seem likewise affected. This gives me a good excuse to get the recently announced gold suit figure, if nothing else!

I live in the Philippines which must be amongst the most humid countries in the world, and I have no airconditioning unit. My detolfs each have a couple of dehumidifier tubs and are against a wall with no windows and is against sunlight, and all lighting systems in the room use LEDs. However my NECA Iron Man's displayed in the open and gets more ambient light and dust, but it's pretty much the same as I got it 2 months ago. Could it be a random case on yours? Or maybe spraying fixative on mine after putting on BD effects helped maintain its color?

IanKorat said:

mine was exactly like that straight out of the box first week of release in the uk ,i reckon it had missed the painting process ,you can see the inner center ring that it fits around is painted ,i just went over it with a permanent red marker ,not recommended lol ,it looks ok but a little streaky ,ill get round to doing it properly one day lol

I had the same problem. looked like the breast plate hadn't been properly painted / varnished, so I sent it back.

In fact, I've had a bad run with NECA 1/4 figure QC issues.. first that breast plate problem with the Iron Man figure.. then Big Red Predator arrived with cotton fluff all over his shoulder armor, because the varnish obviously wasn't dry during assembly (sent it back).. and now I have just received Batman '66, but the white paint detail over the nose is completely lopsided!.. so that is going back as well!
:gah:

Back