NECA: 1/4 Marvel Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA: 1/4 The Avengers

does neca usually releases their figures on time unlike HT? Thor at the end of January ...:yess:

Usually theres major delays, Ed-209, Keaton Batman and West Batman were originally suppose to be out by August/September but we didn't get them until a few months later. But that's just basically when they announce they're doing a figure and set some date in the future. If you're looking at the calendar, that's usually more accurate. They usually don't put up something on the calendar until they pretty much know when it will be arriving from their factories in China. About 1-3 weeks later it will appear in retail stores. Usually around the date on the calendar is when they'll have it in their Ebay stores.

I just got the battle damaged Mark VII as the price dropped tremendously, I guess due to the ugly head sculpt and nobody was buying. I then also got a third party light up head from China. The figure body itself is really not bad, the darker red color is more move-accurate and the weathering/battle damage effect is not bad. And together I think it looks awesome!!! It could almost pass for a Hot Toys figure!

P1040825_3_zps4262bcc9.jpg

P1040832_2_zps40459bd4.jpg

P1040836_2_zps9abc9107.jpg

Neca Bash BD Mark7.. pretty sick shots Kevchan1103 ..:yess:Theatrical as Fawq! .. New pics always keep me enthusiastic about upcoming 1/4 neca Avengers!

I just got the battle damaged Mark VII as the price dropped tremendously, I guess due to the ugly head sculpt and nobody was buying. I then also got a third party light up head from China. The figure body itself is really not bad, the darker red color is more move-accurate and the weathering/battle damage effect is not bad. And together I think it looks awesome!!! It could almost pass for a Hot Toys figure!

View attachment 89477

View attachment 89478

View attachment 89479
Wow,that does look awesome.I just picked up one of these NECA 1/4 BD Iron Mans myself,would you mind letting us know where you purchased your head from?I'd like to get one as well,i looked on ebay but didnt see any heads that werent Hot Toys.Thanks a lot !

I am hoping Neca at some point update the Mark VII body to get rid of the skinny legs and fix the waist area. If they fix these issues the proportions would be all good on this figure and I will be a buyer.

Thanks guys for the comments~ Let me share a bit more about the story of this figure, it was actually not a happy one at first as I found the arm piece on the right arm was missing out of the box, and neither the store nor Neca CS would help me so...:

IronManMarkVII_zps68e34512.jpg

And although the third party head came with a bit of weathering but my wife commented that it wasn't enough, so I scratched it up a bit more myself:

IronManMarkVII1_zpsd84235bd.jpg

Regarding where I got the head, because I live in Hong Kong, so I got this from a China shopping site, it's like China's version of ebay, but only ship domestic. It cost about $35 US, it's actually considered quite pricey here because the figure is only about $50 now. Also I tried searching the site yesterday and seems like it is not listed anymore. But I saw one of the local toy stores here is selling it for similar price, however I doubt they have a online store. I'll try asking the next time I visit. But for now I don't know where else to get it online. Sorry...

Thanks for posting that,your figure turned out great.Thats a shame they don't sell those heads in the states,maybe some will turn up eventually,is it definitely a 1/4 scale head i should be searching for ?

Yeah it's a 1/4, the head and neck piece is catered for this particular BD Iron Man, I think it is a direct replica of the non-BD version of this figure, because even the battery compartment and switch are at the same places.

byraze4a.jpg
Just released st Hong Kong. I liked the body, but that bob Marley hair is horrible. The face sculpt is ok at best.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 via tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390576329720.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390576329720.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 506

Hmmm. Looks like the costume is detailed nicely, the face seems a bit...off? That hair, though. Wow, that is ugly. I'm still going to pick him up though to add to Cap and Iron Man, but I had hoped for better with the head. Of course, I'll reserve final judgment for when I have him in hand. Cool box!

I think it looks spectacular.

I'll deal with his dread locks. :lol

I do miss the arm armor, but the trade off also is nice with the cool looking Dark World costume.

Now, why is the gold chest plate one piece on the left and the one in the box looks like there is a horizontal split?

I do miss the arm armor, but the trade off also is nice with the cool looking Dark World costume.

Now, why is the gold chest plate one piece on the left and the one in the box looks like there is a horizontal split?

The horizontal split on the boxed one is probably a packaging twist tie.

The horizontal split on the boxed one is probably a packaging twist tie.

:slap

good catch my young padawan. :lol

Umm. Not bad at all. I may consider this one. Looks a lot better than their MoS Cavill.

Back