NECA: 1/4 Marvel Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA: 1/4 The Avengers

To fix the hair I used apoxiesculpt and sculpted new hair, blending it with the existing hair. Then I mixed some acrylic and painted it. It was pretty quick, but I like the hair much better now.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

:rock2:I second that! Fantastic display and great photo shoot of Thor ..I'm now regaining my confidence to score the Hammer god sooner rather than later.

It's well worth the buy at $85 or less, which is going price at most online retailers right now.
Overall, the figure impresses, but there are a few fairly substantial disappointments, including...

1) hair - the hair overall looks amazing and has tons of detail (the pony tail and small braids throughout are great). However, as previously mentioned, the wind-blown look (especially in the front) just isn't capturing the look of Thor on this particular figure. The hair is just too kinetic on a static figure like this.

DSC_00709.JPG

2) face - from certain angles (high, looking down) it looks really great...but straight on and from low angles, it does NOT look at all like Chris Hemsworth (CH). It's definitely THOR - which is great - but I'm not seeing CH as Thor at all...and that's OK with me, but some fans won't like it nearly as much.

DSC_005410.JPG

3) body armor - it's beautifully detailed and looks great...but the body armor is too roomy through the waist and hips, giving him what looks like chicken legs (from some angles) and makes him look like his head and legs are too small compared to his body, which looks too broad/thick/fat/large. Sure the larger armor allows the 1/4 scale body underneath to move (specifically the hips and waist twist/pivot) but the armor is to blame for the odd disproportionate look (not the body itself, the body is in proportion from what I can tell). If the armor were tighter to the body through the waist and hips, I think a lot of fans wouldn't have any issues with the proportions. Tighter armor would solve the "thin leg" look as well as make the figure look more like the God of Thunder (thick, broad chest and thin waist).

DSC_000510.JPG

More in my official review on www.Figures.com in the coming week or so.

Last edited:

He certainly is a very heavy and thick figure, a true bic boi.

Lets put aside likeness and his hair for a second and talk about his standing abilities.

Neca needs to be congratulated for FINALLY fixing this problem that exists in their 1/4 scale line with this release.

He does NOT need a stand,

Thor is able to stand like a boss without any assistance, for example having to lean up against a wall.

Sure, lets discuss likeness, but lets not overlook the fact that this bic boi is able stand on his own!

Good job Neca, :clap

P.S. he has great presence in hand.

This muther****er is thick! :lol

Last edited:

Thanks for the reviews guys. I'm thinking about getting him but I'm not sure yet. I would have really wanted the one with the armor on his arms but I don't know if they're planning on releasing that version.

Nothing shown at NYTF... Safe to say there will be no Hulk.

NECA's said on Twitter that most of Toy Fair only covers the first half of the year, Hulk's probably still WIP, plus they had 3 other 1/4 scale figures on display, I wouldn't throw in the towel yet.

I'm pretty sure we weren't going to see Hulk at Toy Fair. He said it in twitter that Hulk wouldn't be there.

I think they are saving the Hulk announcement for SDCC. :pray:

I asked Randy several times on his twitter about the Hulk, and he never replied me. I am getting concerned...

I know NECA. They were the first company I started collecting. They NEVER finish lines. They RARELY do a second wave.
I honestly doubt we will see Hulk.

Thor just came out and there's another Iron Man on the way. He's probably just sick of answering the same question.

I know NECA. They were the first company I started collecting. They NEVER finish lines. They RARELY do a second wave.
I honestly doubt we will see Hulk.

Speaking of finished lines by Neca, they never finished Hellraiser back in the day either. That was disappointing to me! So they better do the Hulk! :mad:

I think since 18" Knifehead has been sold out at most places for months, the HULK oughta be good to go. I'll be mega bummed if they don't do him.

The NECA Captain America 18" figure is on sale today as one of Entertainment Earth's one day deal things... Only $63!

(And if you add $22 worth of stuff to your cart you get free shipping)-

NECA Captain America on sale at EE

Sallah

So, if Neca decide not to do a Hulk figure, what do you do? Settle for 3 Avengers, or look elsewhere for a Hulk? I saw this is a Mall in Bangkok and was fairly impressed with it. It was a full 24 inches in height. It was sealed so I wasn't able to determine if it was posable or not. I would think not, to be honest. It was incredibly heavy too. I imagine for balance purposes, he is standing on a mound type setting. Not sure if you'd be stuck with that or not. To answer my own question, I wouldn't hesitate to have this along with the Neca Avengers, but clearly would prefer the full set from Neca. So, if no Hulk, settle for 3 or have a non Neca to complete your collection?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-10-13-25-07-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-10-13-25-07-1.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 362
  • Screenshot_2014-03-10-13-25-01-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-10-13-25-01-1.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 364
  • Screenshot_2014-03-10-13-22-10-2.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-10-13-22-10-2.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 357
Back