NECA 1/4 Gort Predator!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not experiencing any unravelling either, but the fact that the netting can even break or snap so easily is a major turn-off. If they were to release a masked P2, that's one area where they have to improve. The new articulation pretty much requires it.

Anyone have an estimate release date or info if it will be through an exclusive vendor? This can't release fast enough.

I'm not experiencing any unravelling either, but the fact that the netting can even break or snap so easily is a major turn-off. If they were to release a masked P2, that's one area where they have to improve. The new articulation pretty much requires it.

I'm thinkin they had a hard enough time coming up with the engineering of the plastic netting...nevermind improving it.

But, let's hope they do. We have seen some great stuff from NECA and I'm sure they can pull this off.

:)

It´s strange this one is now up for pre-order here in europe but when I look at US site there isn´t any trace of it, it also says it´s going to be 55 cm instead the 45cm as the first 3 are.

Having completely disassembled the regular 1/4 Predator, the netting is actually really tough to break. It's made of a very resilient nylon that will stretch quite a bit before tearing. As far as I know there haven't been any reports of the netting breaking or snapping off, only figures that arrived with damaged netting from the factory.

Not true, dozens of people have posted about how they received their Predator, and later on the netting is ripped in various places.

Not true, dozens of people have posted about how they received their Predator, and later on the netting is ripped in various places.

Links?

I've seen the same people repeatedly say the netting looks like it's going to break and is fragile, but my search hasn't uncovered these dozens of post-factory breakages actually being reported.

The chest netting tends to rip in the exact same spot due to the assembly of the figure, not due to the overall tensile strength of the material.

I'm not going to go dig through the 800-900 page thread, but I asure you.. people's were tearing after they received them.

I'm not going to go dig through the 800-900 page thread, but I asure you.. people's were tearing after they received them.

I dug through the threads.

I think you are imagining problems that do not exist. I agree the netting doesn't look right, but it isn't fragile or weak at all, it's tough resilient nylon. The factory breakages are due to flaws inherent in the assembly, it's not a result of the choice of materials. I'm holding a sample of the netting in my hand right now, I don't believe for a second that it can easily break from just posing the figure.

Tough and resilient aren't words I'd use to describe it. I tried turning my Predator's waist, my hand slipped just a bit, and I heard a snapping sound. One of the threads broke and another nearby was stretched and very skinny at the point where it connects. Maybe it's difficult to break if you peel off the netting and try to rip the whole thing, but little threads here and there can be pretty fragile.

nomore 19 predators for me, unless they change the netting.it's shaped like chicken wire, and tears too easy. mine came torn in the box.
i had 2 of the 19 inch predators,so i know how cheap a$$ the netting is. i sold my 2 at a loss.great sculpts , but the netting kills that for me.and that lame seam line on p1 bio, was sickening to me, there's no excuse for it imo.neca needs some qc at the factory badly.

I dug through the threads.

I think you are imagining problems that do not exist. I agree the netting doesn't look right, but it isn't fragile or weak at all, it's tough resilient nylon. The factory breakages are due to flaws inherent in the assembly, it's not a result of the choice of materials. I'm holding a sample of the netting in my hand right now, I don't believe for a second that it can easily break from just posing the figure.
I don't think I'm "imagining" anything.

You dug through all 800 pages of this thread? I specifically remember several people complaining about the netting being fragile, and breaking when they would pose him, touch him, etc.

Mine has one tear, and I didn't remember seeing it when he was in the package. Didn't notice it until a few days later actually. And he had been in the same pose since the day I received him..

I couldn't care less about the inaccuracies of it, I just don't want it ripping and tearing randomly.

ripped netting...its just battle damage. I cant beleive people are giving up there 19 inch preds because of some netting. :dunno

Uh, I'm not buying a 19 inch predator who's netting will fall apart so easily.

Might as well just cut off his mandibles and throw them out the window.

really...I dont think you can honestly compare the netting and the mandibles. If you take the mandibles away you dont have predator...if you take the netting away well you still have a yautja. Im sure there not born with netting on. The netting doesnt make the character in my mind. To each thier own man.

I think I'll get a Gort Predator in-store (make sure his netting is perfect straight out of the packaging -- now I know where to look) and use his body since it has a slightly-updated sculpt and other goodies. My current P1 body can be customized with battle damage (torn netting, maybe blood... that sort of thing).

I think I'll get a Gort Predator in-store (make sure his netting is perfect straight out of the packaging -- now I know where to look) and use his body since it has a slightly-updated sculpt and other goodies. My current P1 body can be customized with battle damage (torn netting, maybe blood... that sort of thing).

:goodpost: Excellent idea!!! :)

really...I dont think you can honestly compare the netting and the mandibles. If you take the mandibles away you dont have predator...if you take the netting away well you still have a yautja. Im sure there not born with netting on. The netting doesnt make the character in my mind. To each thier own man.
The netting is something that's only unique to them.
I'm not taking one without it.

Back